Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BYO Flags/Standards/Banners Design & Feedback Thread

BYO Flags/Standards/Banners Design & Feedback Thread

Ok guys, instead of Gary Fish/NBUnited/Blackmac/etc making most of the flags, banners, standards, etc that we have, its high time people got off their arses and started designing and bringing in their own.

We have checked with the club and they are quite happy for people to bring in their own homemade stuff so long as its within certain parameters.
    It would be great if by the time season 9 rolls around we have an absolute crapload of people who have made their own tifo to cover the stadium in red, blue and gold. This is obviously for everyone, not just the people in bay 2. We used to have quite a few standards and flags around in our early seasons, but due to FFA controls a few seasons ago this died out and we would like to bring them back. The offseason is the perfect opportunity to get something done.

This is the thread to post up your designs, ask for feedback, and show pics of your progress/finished article. As a guide, your standards and flags should be approx 1m square, as your poles can only be 1.2m long to be allowed in. Fence banners should be approx 2m wide by 1m high, and be aware that due to the electronic signage they may only be visible to those in the stadium. You may not see it on TV depending on where you sit. Anything you make should also look as professional as possible, not like a 4 year old painted/sewed/traced it. And obviously it cant have any swearing, derogatory type messages or pictures on it.
    And for everyone else, make your feedback constructive. Remember, they are actually doing something, you are posting on the internet. Which one requires more effort?
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

au revoir - do you still have our kaze banner?
    we will loose

yea

How strict are management with the flag size? Like if i rocked up to the ground with pole at 1.2m and flag half a metre or so bigger than indicated, will it just be refused at the gate?

I've found it depends on where you enter.

Tried to bring a 5' x 3' (1.5m x 1m) flag in on a fairly small pole (no bigger than 1.2 m) through the Western entrance, instantly rejected by seccos at the gate "You cant bring that flag in, it's too big".
    Walked straight around to the Eastern entrance and the seccos there didn't bat an eyelid at it.

I think the understanding is that if you are entering in through the Eastern entrance with a flag then you will probably be heading to bay 2 or the southern hill. If you are entering in through the Western entrance with a flag then you are probably going to be a menace to old people, little kids, and the people trying to eat prawn sandwiches in peace.
    Last edited by militiamon; 12-06-2013 at 10:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    I've found it depends on where you enter.

Tried to bring a 5' x 3' (1.5m x 1m) flag in on a fairly small pole (no bigger than 1.2 m) through the Western entrance, instantly rejected by seccos at the gate "You cant bring that flag in, it's too big".
    Walked straight around to the Eastern entrance and the seccos there didn't bat an eyelid at it.

I think the understanding is that if you are entering in through the Eastern entrance with a flag then you will probably be heading to bay 2 or the southern hill. If you are entering in through the Western entrance with a flag then you are probably going to be a menace to old people, little kids, and the people trying to eat prawn sandwiches in peace.
    Had this exact problem last Saturday night at the Newcastle knights game. Tried to bring a banner with poles through the eastern grandstand they instantly said no & couldn't argue the point was pretty annoyed so I walked through the south entrance no problems at all.

Good onya SD.
    I was fuming at the bloke who initially rejected me as well, he said it so bluntly and rudely with no room for argument. To think that the club would actually employ such an uncouth individual, hmpf!
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Banned
    Good onya SD.
    I was fuming at the bloke who initially rejected me as well, he said it so bluntly and rudely with no room for argument. To think that the club would actually employ such an uncouth individual, hmpf!
    It amazes me Militia that you would be concerned at the idiots our club employs when they still employ Deans and the Egg and Middleby and co

just came back from the netherlands and bought a dutch flag

red white and blue, problem?

wont be able to bring in other countrys flags in dude, we got ejected a few years back for having unions jacks when bridges signed. FFA guideline

Quote Originally Posted by loudy View Post
    wont be able to bring in other countrys flags in dude, we got ejected a few years back for having unions jacks when bridges signed. FFA guideline
    All the Italian flags I saw at Sydney games this year says I don't think they'll mind too much anymore. We had a Catalan flag being repped for a while too iirc.

my palestinian flag should be ok

Will go nicely next to my Star of David.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/evkl4v2esj8r079/x2LI6N3HEF does anyone out there have any photos of tifo / squadron that i've missed? post them up.

Got a semi just looking at that
    Squadron ultras

Obvs there's a fair few more, would be good to start compiling them though. Off the top of my head: Stars are for Champions, black Coast Away one, Champions Nothing Else Matters (?), and a few more that I am struggling to remember.

Someone may have already thought of this, but I was thinking it could be a good idea to time some of the big TIFO displays for Friday night home games that would be aired on SBS. It would be good promotion for the atmosphere at games and the league in general, and raise the Squadron's profile in terms of that type of support.

Not sure how others are going with banners/standards, but I've made 2 which I will be bringing to the Perth game. I've got designs for more and might make another 1 of 2 for later in the season, there's only so many I can hold up at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by zorse View Post
    Someone may have already thought of this, but I was thinking it could be a good idea to time some of the big TIFO displays for Friday night home games that would be aired on SBS. It would be good promotion for the atmosphere at games and the league in general, and raise the Squadron's profile in terms of that type of support.

Not sure how others are going with banners/standards, but I've made 2 which I will be bringing to the Perth game. I've got designs for more and might make another 1 of 2 for later in the season, there's only so many I can hold up at a time.
    Hi zorse.

the squadron are really wanting to advertise the availability for people to make there own standards this year and bring them into all parts of the ground and not just the active areas.

we are looking at having an open day possibly as soon as next weekend, just finalising finer details at the moment, where we will provide the materials for people to make there own standards as well.

if you have time come to the newcastle tennis district club on sunday and have a drink.
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

In preparation for said tifo workshop day, we are putting the call out for people to make up some simple designs for two-stick standards that will be easy to trace and then paint. Or a flag that will be easy to cut up and sew together.
    The aim is for people to show up and meet some of those in the Squadron who have made or are making tifo displays, and to bring your own design/choose a provided design which we will then help you turn into a standard/flag you can then bring along on gameday. All you will need is your time, and a pvc pole which you can buy at a later date (Bunnings etc).
    Post up your ideas so people can see them and comment (be nice btw)

As an idea a two stick standard should have a simple slogan and/or picture on it like the standards in one of our previous tifos

Come along and make your own flag/standard/etc at the Open Tifo Workshop
    Open Tifo Workshop @ 12pm 12/1/14
    http://www.newcastlefootball.net/hom...op-12pm-12114/

The Squadron FSC is pleased to announce that the first ever Open Tifo Workshop will be held this Sunday 12th January at District Park Tennis Club starting at midday in the auditorium.

Among our aims is not just to bring new people into the active support bays who are interested in becoming involved, but also to spread the colour and involvement around the stadium to add to the atmosphere for our home games. Active support is not just about singing, chanting, drums etc it is also about flags, banners, standards and tifo displays. This is where the general supporter base in the rest of the stadium, who may not be interested in singing for 90 minutes, can still add to the colour and atmosphere at a football match by waving a flag, holding up a standard or having a banner on the fence.

To this end, any Newcastle Jets supporter that would like to make up a flag to wave or a two-stick banner (also called a “standard”) to hold up is invited to come along to the Tenzo this sunday to see what goes in to making these items and you will then be able to make your own flag or standard to take home with you to bring along to future Jets games. Once your flag/standard is completed – its yours!! You just need a piece of dowel or an open plastic “conduit” to use as a pole and you will be ready to wave it on gameday.
    The Squadron FSC will provide the material (blue/red/gold/white), sewing equipment, projectors, paint, brushes etc to make the items so all you will need to do is bring along your design to make up on the day or choose a design from our templates.

If you are wanting to make your own flag design, you will need to have some sort of sketch to work from if your flag is a simple colours with no artwork.
    If you have your own logo, artwork or letters to paint onto a flag or standard you will need to have this saved onto a memory stick/thumbdrive (save your file as a JPG or BMP file to a high res as possible) to bring along so it can be traced onto the material. Be aware that we will only have blue, black or white paint if other colours are needed for your design you will need to bring them with you.

We look forward to meeting you on Sunday

The Squadron FSC Committee
    Get involved!!!!!!

still needs more flags!