Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Refereeing/Linesman standards in the HAL

Banned

Refereeing/Linesman standards in the HAL

What needs to be done to see some DRAMATIC improvements from the fellas with whistles and flags?

These blokes are just getting worse and worse.Whatever happened to some of the good refs out there like Shield and Breeze.??

Breeze was a good ref?

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    What needs to be done to see some DRAMATIC improvements from the fellas with whistles and flags?

These blokes are just getting worse and worse.Whatever happened to some of the good refs out there like Shield and Breeze.??
    lololol, good one MFKS.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Breeze....

Compared to the numpties running about ATM, he was brillant. And to be fair, he did ref in Confed Cups and World Cups.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Banned
    http://www.ultimatealeague.com/refer...p?referee_id=1
    View our stats under him. Not bad really. This in spite of him being a prick to us on numerous occassions

Maybe I don't watch enough A-League games but I don't see the problem. Seem to make about the same number of shit calls as the guys overseas, but ours are being paid a pittance. On the balance of things it would appear that we're ahead.

Worst idea is to give refs full-time wages. 'sif it would improve them at all, plus you'd get hella bored just watching repeats of Pierluigi Collina's games 4 days a week.

Imagine what it would be like at a party saying that you're a full-time ref, sheesh. Almost as bad as admitting that you're a Dungeon Master for Dungeons & Dragons.
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

The FFA needs to stop using rookies for linesmen. The majority of linesmen this season look like primary school kids.

Banned
    Gee wizz militia.

Last nights refereeing was diabolical.
    Jets game in Adelaide was diabolical.
    Heart got robbed V Gypos last week with bloke sent off for ball striking himon the hand whilst his hand was tucked into his body and not out stretched.
    Victory got a goal the other week when ball was clearly out in the lead up
    Need I forget to remind you of the tool who reffed our first game of the season.
    Last week the yellow Heskey picked up for getting pushed by a WSW player was a disgrace
    Even Ben Williams copped a lot of stick for letting Jets get away with the first F3 derby???

Standard is getting worse in my eyes. Far too many really bad calls happening far too regularly.
    Worst part about it is that far too many of the calls seem to be going to certain teams and others are getting screwed regularly.
    Every sport commentators through the season always seem to say "you would hate to see a teams season depend on this ruling or this area causing concern. "

How would you feel as a Perth fan today with the season over after the shite dished up last night by Ange Postecoglous adopted son??

Must admit I was 4/5ths tanked last night but didn't see much wrong with the officials.
    Part of the problem is Slater & co saying shit like "it's def a penalty" or "it's def/def not a red card" when on most occasions there is conjecture.
    Joe Public out there tend to believe what is said by the 'experts'. It's not just sockah either, Gould, Maguire etc on the other codes are equally as piss poor.

IMHO commentators are 50 times more shit than the refs.
    **** them off first and we may get somewhere.

Oh and **** Middleby too.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    How would you feel as a Perth fan today?
    If be pissed that my star striker couldn't convert a penalty to go 2-0 up with a couple of minutes to play.

Not the refs fault.
    Blame Smeltz.

Oh and Deans.

and Middleby.
    **** Middleby.

Middleby OUT!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    If be pissed that my star striker couldn't convert a penalty to go 2-0 up with a couple of minutes to play.

Not the refs fault.
    Blame Smeltz.

Oh and Deans.

and Middleby.
    **** Middleby.
    Plague
    I agree Smeltz buries the penalty and the argument from Perth about poor officiating is redundant.

Still a piss weak penalty to give against Pantaledis and if thats the case where were the 435 penalties Heskeytme would have earned during the season for us??

Coming on the back of blatant hand ball from Nabbout makes it an absolute farce.

That decision kept one side in the comp and cost one side a place in the comp and it wasn't even close to being justified.

Love to know why Ange Postecoglous adopted son keeps getting to referee his step dads big end of season games with his continual bias towards him

As for your comments on **** Middleby and **** Deans well said. More people need your courage to speak up on these issues as the lynch mob circling HSG is focused far too much on GVE

Must admit I was 4/5ths tanked last night but didn't see much wrong with the officials.
    Agreed.

This comment from plague also sums up my thoughts on the matter:

Nothing more to be said imo.

If be pissed that my star striker couldn't convert a penalty to go 2-0 up with a couple of minutes to play
    and Middleby.
    **** Middleby.
    This, 2-0 game over. Smeltz has fkd it for himself, his team, his state. serves the kent right. oh and middleby can eat sausage too.

Smeltz clearly mistook the ball for a keepers head and decided to belt the shit out of it.
    Couldn't have happened to a better bloke.

Ref just did what any other decent human would have done and made sure Shane's error was as monumental a **** up as you could imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fish View Post
    Smeltz clearly mistook the ball for a keepers head and decided to belt the shit out of it.
    Couldn't have happened to a better bloke.

Ref just did what any other decent human would have done and made sure Shane's error was as monumental a **** up as you could imagine.
    Ditto
    Smeltz has kicked 2 keepers heads now and copped 2 himself.
    Plus missing that last night the icing on the cake.
    Is his keeper kickin' karma over yet?

Smeltz looked like somethin out of that "let's get physical " filmclip
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Mr

Sleazy Breezy gets it right again!

If the handball didn't happen, it was a definitely penalty. WTF do defenders think they are doing? You can't grab onto your opponent, full stop. ****ing idiots, I swear to god