Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Running Thread aka Havent even done a half yet?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Smile Running Thread aka Havent even done a half yet?

So are there any runners/joggers out there?

I went along and did my first Newy Park Run today, in the rain, with my wife and a few friends.

Enjoyed it - they all do a great job! Will be returning.
    Last edited by hawk; 26-11-2017 at 11:55 AM.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    I'm just starting jogging as well - purely as a way to get fit and get some exercise in while I'm away with work

I've got a 5km loop that I do - so far I can do the Cliff Young shuffle for about 2km then have a bit of a walk, another 2km, another walk then sprint up a hill

I need one of these hats, possibly some gum boots

Add me into the "just started running to get fit" bandwagon. I have a 5.7km loop full of hills.

Don't particularly enjoy jogging, but its easy to get 30mins or so in before work so it does the job.

ran my first marathon last weekend. was doing well, on pace for 3 hours 45 mins through about 23km then hit the wall majorly. 4 hours 20 minutes for the whole run in the end, but hey, i finished, i didn't die and i then ate copious amounts on horrendously unhealthy food with not an ounce of guilt. got way too excited at the start of the event and was running 3 minute 30 second kilometres!

last 15km was just horrible, horrible pain. was saying to myself, "never again". Tuesday of last week i was already thinking "what can i do to improve next time"

running the sydney half marathon in a few weeks with a few mates, looking forward to it. aiming for sub 100 minutes. best thus far is 105 minutes.

my tip if you're starting out running for fitness, just enter an event and go for it. 10km is a good distance to start with.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    ran my first marathon last weekend. was doing well, on pace for 3 hours 45 mins through about 23km then hit the wall majorly. 4 hours 20 minutes for the whole run in the end, but hey, i finished, i didn't die and i then ate copious amounts on horrendously unhealthy food with not an ounce of guilt. got way too excited at the start of the event and was running 3 minute 30 second kilometres!

last 15km was just horrible, horrible pain. was saying to myself, "never again". Tuesday of last week i was already thinking "what can i do to improve next time"

running the sydney half marathon in a few weeks with a few mates, looking forward to it. aiming for sub 100 minutes. best thus far is 105 minutes.

my tip if you're starting out running for fitness, just enter an event and go for it. 10km is a good distance to start with.
    Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post

aaaah, 3.5minute kms wouldnt that put you in the medals for city to surf?

Banned
    Refuse to run.

Very dangerous activity.

Shortness of breath pain discomfort and explosions occur.

**** THAT SHIT

it would if i could run that pace for 14km!

that was a peak speed, and only hit for about 100m or so. badly phrased.

why are we running without a purpose? get a ball in front of ya.

belch you crazy bastard

don't mind the odd keeping-fit run around. last year some time the mrs signed us up for the maitland river run with her work - don't really see the appeal in competitive running tbh. in saying that, she's also signed us up for the colour run next month at hamilton. from what i'm led to believe, it's just a run but people at random points of the race throw paint at you.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    don't mind the odd keeping-fit run around. last year some time the mrs signed us up for the maitland river run with her work - don't really see the appeal in competitive running tbh. in saying that, she's also signed us up for the colour run next month at hamilton. from what i'm led to believe, it's just a run but people at random points of the race throw paint at you.
    I think its coloured flour. My wife and I were considering this run but decided why pay someone to throw shit at you?? It's a gimmick in my opinion.

We are doing Parkrun instead because it's free and professionally run for a volunteer group.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I think its coloured flour. My wife and I were considering this run but decided why pay someone to throw shit at you?? It's a gimmick in my opinion.

We are doing Parkrun instead because it's free and professionally run for a volunteer group.
    yeah tbh it's been pretty off my radar, she's sorted it all. didn't even bother to find out if it cost money or not tbh.

a few of my friends do the lake mac parkrun each sat morning, they love it. i can't run the same track all the time - not enough variety. each time i run around home & stuff i change my track, do a fair bit of running in the bush & try and find paths/roads i haven't checked out before.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    yeah tbh it's been pretty off my radar, she's sorted it all. didn't even bother to find out if it cost money or not tbh.

a few of my friends do the lake mac parkrun each sat morning, they love it. i can't run the same track all the time - not enough variety. each time i run around home & stuff i change my track, do a fair bit of running in the bush & try and find paths/roads i haven't checked out before.
    Yeah its like $50 for the colour run. On the upside lots of gash in gym pants and looks like a bit of fun band and stuff at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by skippy View Post
    Yeah its like $50 for the colour run. On the upside lots of gash in gym pants and looks like a bit of fun band and stuff at the end.
    jeez. hopefully some/all of that goes to charity or something!

should be a bit different and a bit of fun anyway.

I don't know if this dude really does run like this, or if its just a massive piss-take.. Then again, he may have some form of tourettes or crazysnake tick going on..
    Awesome music though..

ah I saw those guys training on the fern a couple of weeks ago, good luck to them

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    ah I saw those guys training on the fern a couple of weeks ago, good luck to them
    Yeah they did 50 odd-km the other weekend.

They're going to do it - i've got no doubt about it.

Pete has done so well to have trained to run 60km in 3 months. Cory has done an amazing job with him.

Yeah they did 50 odd-km the other weekend.

They're going to do it - i've got no doubt about it.

Pete has done so well to have trained to run 60km in 3 months. Cory has done an amazing job with him.
    Excellent effort by everyone involved yesterday. The hot weather took it's toll on Pete who cramped up at Redhead on the way back for the final time. He still completed 52km which is a great achievement.

Cory and Beth (and Jess too?) made the whole 60km trek which was a credit to them - sorry if I missed anyone!

Excellent effort by everyone involved yesterday. The hot weather took it's toll on Pete who cramped up at Redhead on the way back for the final time. He still completed 52km which is a great achievement.

Cory and Beth (and Jess too?) made the whole 60km trek which was a credit to them - sorry if I missed anyone!
    nice. i realise it probably wasn't timed, but how long did it take them?

makes my 17km run seem paltry.