Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Running Thread aka Havent even done a half yet?

the complete zone out is my favourite part of the run. will quite often run for a while, look at my watch and think "where did the period between 60 minutes and 120 minutes go?" and then the pain arrives.

nothing better than getting all the way from canberra to newcastle and then realising you forgot your f'ing runners!

did a 6km run along redhead instead.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    nothing better than getting all the way from canberra to newcastle and then realising you forgot your f'ing runners!

did a 6km run along redhead instead.
    Nice one! Ha ha ha! Are you sure there wasn't any level of subconscious behaviour in forgetting them?

Ah well, you had a weekend off.

32km, 2:48:46. happy with that. gives me an hour to finish the last 10km in the marathon!

Good effort! How long did it take you to work up to this?

32km, 2:48:46. happy with that. gives me an hour to finish the last 10km in the marathon!
    Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Good effort! How long did it take you to work up to this?
    couple of months this time around from a base of around 10-15km regular runs.

How is the trianing going Belchardo?

I've had a bit of a set back and am still at the 15km mark. I didn't strech well after the 20km and caused some adductor and knee injuries. In hindsight it was poor form by me.

Going on another 20km run Saturday. Training with my normal running buddy and she makes sure we stretch and walk a last 1km as a cool down. We've had a running plan worked out for us too which should help.

training going ok.

33.5km today in 3:02. have decided to ease off a bit on the long runs and aim for 5:30mins/km. will bring me in just over 3:50 for the marathon, which is half an hour faster than last years effort.

ran the orange half marathon last weekend, 1:37:09. had a couple of minutes quicker in my legs but was guiding a partially blind runner who had nothing left to give. still about a minute faster than my previous best, so was happy with that.

6 weeks to the marathon now. just got to keep training.

we're off to albury next weekend, and coincidentally that is the same weekend as the first albury parkrun, so we're going to go in that. might see if i can win it.

how's your training going jeterpool?

training going ok.

33.5km today in 3:02. have decided to ease off a bit on the long runs and aim for 5:30mins/km. will bring me in just over 3:50 for the marathon, which is half an hour faster than last years effort.

ran the orange half marathon last weekend, 1:37:09. had a couple of minutes quicker in my legs but was guiding a partially blind runner who had nothing left to give. still about a minute faster than my previous best, so was happy with that.

6 weeks to the marathon now. just got to keep training.

we're off to albury next weekend, and coincidentally that is the same weekend as the first albury parkrun, so we're going to go in that. might see if i can win it.

how's your training going jeterpool?
    I actually just got back from a run. We did 24 km after 20 last week. I've got hip problems that are showing up about the 15km mark and it's tough to keep going. I'm not enjoying it. We had to stop because my running buddy was stitching up because she needed to eat and my hip went and we had to walk the last 2.5km.

We have the week off next week before stepping it to 27km. The first 14 km today (we turned at Jewells) felt really good however.

Ever since that adductor issue things have just gone to shit. I will be glad when it's over.

Your training sounds like it's going well. Such a nice thing to do by guiding the runner along despite your time. Sometimes its not about the time in the end - the distance is our goal ahead of the time.

Wish you an injury free 6 weeks! Keep going!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

marathon this sunday.

4 hours of pain, followed by the most glorious water/shower/steak/beer you can ever have. the water could taste funny, the shower could be cold, the steak could be like old leather and the beer flat, but they'll still be awesome

when is your event jeterpool?

How did you go Belchardo?

My event is on May 4th but my training has hit a snag. I did 28km on the weekend, 23 straight before I hit the wall and my knees went on me. They really really hurt. I did do a half marathon in 1:56:42 which I was really happy with.

I don't have the motivation anymore. I'm over the pain and find myself wanting to work on the house instead of spending 3 hours+ running for the sake of it.

I'll do it, but after that, I'm done with long distance. Just stick to my park runs.

4:07. bit disappointed as I was hoping for under 4 hours, but fell apart at 30km. but I finished, so I'm happy with that.

I said to myself on the run "never again" but I'm sure I'll do it one day again.

will be sticking to half marathons for a while though.

4:07. bit disappointed as I was hoping for under 4 hours, but fell apart at 30km. but I finished, so I'm happy with that.

I said to myself on the run "never again" but I'm sure I'll do it one day again.

will be sticking to half marathons for a while though.
    Great effort mate. Well done at achieving that distance. Not many people can.

To finish a marathon is a massive achievement. 4'07" is impressive you should not be disappointed at all.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    To finish a marathon is a massive achievement. 4'07" is impressive you should not be disappointed at all.
    really? setting up 40,000 dominos and getting them to topple over is a greater achievment.

Run tomorrow. Suffered an ankle injury over the last two weeks. Dropped back to 25km. Do-able for me.

Finished in 2.5hrs. Struggled heading back up from redhead but found a second wind about 5km out and finished strong. Happy with it.

Cutting distance back and sticking to 7km runs. And going to start riding my bike!

Banned
    Running is too hard, bikes are better choice.

Quote Originally Posted by pessimist View Post
    Running is too hard, bikes are better choice.
    True, but I get more time to take in the scenery.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Sounds good! Look forward to it.

Yeah it is hilly. There's one within the first KM. You start near the duck pond on the lambton side, run back towards the main road and go up, over and down to the kangaroo and emu pens. Then you run back into the park and up three little rises before one steep rise. That's 2km. After that you run down a 750m stretch turn around and run back up it. That's the killer (i reckon). After that it's all down hill pretty much. You need to run it twice - once to get to know the course so you know where to make efforts and the second to actually do it properly.

It's tough however I found going back to the flat ones I found it a bit boring...but my time was quicker and I felt much stronger.
    making my blackbutt debut this weekend!