Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Running Thread aka Havent even done a half yet?

I did Fingal Bay parkrun on the wkend, so one away from Regionaire now! (Singleton)

Did anyone else do the Summer Run City in Newy yesterday? I enjoyed the Hill to Harbour last year, but since then have heard some pretty damning things about H Events. And yesterday was my first exposure to some of the rumours. The course was 250-300m short! I still can't work out how they managed that one.. And they had some big stuff up with the race bibs and numbers had to change the morning of. The actual run I enjoyed though, nice and flat, but I definitely can vibe people are going to be pissed at Paul & co after it.
    OK

Belch/halo/etc - coming to Lake Mac's 5th birthday this wkend?
    OK

nah, going to the goulburn launch though.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Belch/halo/etc - coming to Lake Mac's 5th birthday this wkend?
    Nah, down to Lakeview with Dad this weekend. 3 seconds off a PB... spewin!

goulburn launch not bad. relatively flat and fast course, some rolling sections and a nice little hill on the way to the finish line. about 450 runners. very congested start though including 2 180 degree bends.

another lovely run in the rain. a few deep puddles to ford

32km in just over 3 hours, felt good and seems like i'm on track.

*endofboast*

3:38:58 for the marathon. stoked. rooted.

shocking headwind (like +40km/hr) between about kilometres 24 to 30, right when you want to conserve a bit of energy, and also right in the toughest bit of the course too!

strength let me down a bit, had the energy in the final 10km, but nothing left in the legs. did manage to put a spurt on coming into the finish. glad i did, it's much better to run 3:38:58 than 3:39:01.

3:30 here i come.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    3:38:58 for the marathon. stoked. rooted.

shocking headwind (like +40km/hr) between about kilometres 24 to 30, right when you want to conserve a bit of energy, and also right in the toughest bit of the course too!

strength let me down a bit, had the energy in the final 10km, but nothing left in the legs. did manage to put a spurt on coming into the finish. glad i did, it's much better to run 3:38:58 than 3:39:01.

3:30 here i come.
    Nice work mate, it's impressive just running a marathon! I'm still just working on getting consistent 5km times haha

speaking of 5km times, anybody doing nulkaba this weekend?

PV4 completed the hamburg marathon... will let him post when back. but #****fabio
    Amigos Aarau

well done PV4! great effort. looks like you were suffering a little 35km on, but got a good burst for the last couple of km.

i will definitely need to do an overseas marathon one day.

nulkaba was a nice course. flat as, a few potential ankle-breakers, but hey, it's up to you to dodge them!

regionnaire status maintained!
    Last edited by belchardo; 06-05-2018 at 05:23 PM.

well done PV4! great effort. looks like you were suffering a little 35km on, but got a good burst for the last couple of km.

nulkaba was a nice course. flat as, a few potential ankle-breakers, but hey, it's up to you to dodge them!

I'll get up there and do Nulkaba soon enough... I'm not too keen on running Sat morning now that I'm back playing the Fri night o/35s.

Thanks pal! 4:42:12, here are my splits:

I honestly couldn't be prouder. It's super slow for most people, but the time & effort I put into that fxxxer in training and then smashing my training pace on race day, I am absolutely stoked. 35km was the hurt locker time, got a stitch which I'd never had in training plus my VMOs cramped up hard, particularly my left one. The last 2kms were sheer emotion that got me thru. Couldn't be happier with my marathon, and the holiday that went with it. gps flew up from Switzerland to be our support crew too, it was just an absolutely bangin' time.

So stoked for Steve the ED for getting Nulkaba up and running. He's a person I'll consider a genuine friend I've made solely from parkrun. Devastated I've lost regionaire status, I need to get up there ASAP to reclaim that throne hahaha!
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Thanks pal! 4:42:12, here are my splits:

I honestly couldn't be prouder. It's super slow for most people, but the time & effort I put into that fxxxer in training and then smashing my training pace on race day, I am absolutely stoked. 35km was the hurt locker time, got a stitch which I'd never had in training plus my VMOs cramped up hard, particularly my left one. The last 2kms were sheer emotion that got me thru. Couldn't be happier with my marathon, and the holiday that went with it. gps flew up from Switzerland to be our support crew too, it was just an absolutely bangin' time.

So stoked for Steve the ED for getting Nulkaba up and running. He's a person I'll consider a genuine friend I've made solely from parkrun. Devastated I've lost regionaire status, I need to get up there ASAP to reclaim that throne hahaha!
    That's a great result PV4 you should be very proud of yourself.

Shameless event donation plug. Some pals and I are taking on the Oxfam 100 in August. We're aiming to do it in 24-27 hours, if all goes to plan. If you have any spare coin to donate to either helping poverty, or towards me punishing the hell out of my body for more than a full day, head on over:
    https://trailwalker.oxfam.org.au/my/team/33946
    OK

Any of us get involved with Newrun yesterday? I slowly shuffled my way thru the marathon. And never want to do Newy parkrun ever again.
    OK

Nice. Happy with the result? Did the course go via the newy parkrun course?

Canberra marathon for me next weekend.

Nice. Happy with the result? Did the course go via the newy parkrun course?

Canberra marathon for me next weekend.
    I used it as glorified training for UTA50 so happy to get the kms and hours on the legs. The constant sun and heat and lack of shade made it hot and stupid, but glad to get thru it.

It started at the brewery, ran to the baths, then turned around and headed thru Honeysuckle and basically did Newy parkrun in reverse, then back to the Brewery. That gave 14k, then do that loop 2 more times.
    OK

newcastle would suit a june/july marathon i think.

had a bit of a shocker this weekend. went out too hard and paid for it. hip flexors and glutes all screaming from about 32km, was on track for 3:30, finished 3:50. lessons learned and all that, still had fun.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...barrier-london

another sub 2-hour attempt to be made.

i reckon they'll do it this time.