Thread: Fan Forum in Newcastle ....

Fan Forum in Newcastle ....

Has anything ever been put to the club does anyone know?

Worked a treat in WS, the Gyppos are looking at one now to try and build their fan base.

Newcastle did a lame arse online thing where they vetted every question and only dealt with the ones blowing smoke up their arse.

I am loosing count of people I know that are saying "wont be back next season" who are current season ticket holders. Rather than building for next season I suspect it will be minimising their losses.

Perhaps the club should look at engaging with their members via a forum (live in person, not lame duck online).

So anyone heard anything or know of any approaches to the club about one?

the last one held was after the grand final in 2008, with con and GVE

most people were there to complain that their children couldn't get a look in for the youth teams that were just about to come in

the acrobat and dez (for the heads that remember) hit con with some epic questions about succession planning, etc, was great

con also parachuted in a dolly bird journo from the star to ask a few puff-piece questions, was v. lol

with the way that it is at the moment - furns has had two or three podcasts with robbie middleby and jarrod (the publicity bloke) where pretty much every question has been answered that was put to them, i think this is the way the club prefers it

furns gogogogo

I asked a similar question on the last online forum. The answer was that they do at the members day.

Problem with that is that these forums are limited to the Gold members (which I am) and as such has a very limited reach.

I'd love to see a few fan forums run and with the number of people I know who say they won't be renewing, I think the forums are very much needed. As mentioned the CCM are doing them and WSW proved they are very effective.

People of Newcastle don't attend these things.

The Knights struggle to get the minimum required numbers to hold their meetings.

And when I held the fan forum re: Supporters Trust we got fewer than 30 people there. (Considering only 26 showed for the knights meeting the week before).

I asked the same as sammydog and have put the arsenal fan forum structure to them a few times.

Crickets.

Banned
    To be perfectly fair why would Palmer GVE Middleby want to front one of these.

At present every tom dick and harry in Newy would front just to tell them what ****ing idiots they all are for there roles in where our club are.

Any constructive criticism/thoughts and ideas would be lost because of the drama queen antics of the insane.

Also check this out West Ham with Redknapp in 1996 talking to a fan about not keeping some player who ended up doing nothing in his career and backing one of his younger players who apparently done something with his career.

Classic example of the type of idiots you get at these things who have NFI

Didn't the double F A run a general fan forum in Sydney recently (within last few months) ?

Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
    Didn't the double F A run a general fan forum in Sydney recently (within last few months) ?
    Yep.
    Wanted to know why no one was buying tickets to the socceroo games.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
    Those things should be getting done more often by the FFA and right across the country. I am sure the people of Perth Adelaide Brisbane Newy Gosford etc could contribute to the dialogue with the FFA about what can be done to aid the HAL instead of just asking the people of Sydney and Melburn for their opinions

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Those things should be getting done more often by the FFA and right across the country. I am sure the people of Perth Adelaide Brisbane Newy Gosford etc could contribute to the dialogue with the FFA about what can be done to aid the HAL instead of just asking the people of Sydney and Melburn for their opinions
    lol... FFA probs looking for participants who can string at least 2 words together
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    lol... FFA probs looking for participants who can string at least 2 words together
    Wouldn't need to hire a hall either.

Could just hold it down at Centrelink on dole day at 9am

They would get a better outcome if they emailed all their members with a 10 minute online survey. This way you can put you brain into gear before you open your mouth. Even though I think the football side of things has been absolutely shite, it will always be the responsbility of the encumbent manager to sort that out. Loved the Redknapp clip. If only our coaching staff were so perceptive.

At present every tom dick and harry in Newy would front just to tell them what ****ing idiots they all are for there roles in where our club are.

Any constructive criticism/thoughts and ideas would be lost because of the drama queen antics of the insane.

Also check this out West Ham with Redknapp in 1996 talking to a fan about not keeping some player who ended up doing nothing in his career and backing one of his younger players who apparently done something with his career.

The fan said "I watch the reserves so I know what I'm talking about" Jose has arrived....

MFKS on the money here dawgs, check it
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Nice idea but I would prefer to see things like club events where players are present after games to connect with the community.

The knights have stepped up this type of support this season the sunnyside has become an official away game venue for knights fans & where they have had old players at & drink & food deals etc. They also had some of their players at lonsdale charlestown the other week & discounts on the store.

This weekend for example the knights are actually hosting an after game function up at broadbeach on sunday afternoon where the players will be present at for an hour which I think is a great idea.
    Last edited by Superdylan; 27-04-2013 at 04:19 AM.

more podcasts is the best possible result for us (nf.net fans). i know there may be a few questions robbie/jarryd have said they don't want to answer from furns, but other than that it's open slather for us. any chance of a post-season review, drummer boy?

Quote Originally Posted by Superdylan View Post
    Nice idea but I would prefer to see things like club events where players are present after games to connect with the community.

The knights have stepped up this type of support this season the sunnyside has become an official away game venue for knights fans & where they have had old players at & drink & food deals etc. They also had some of their players at lonsdale charlestown the other week & discounts on the store.

This weekend for example the knights are actually hosting an after game function up at broadbeach on sunday afternoon where the players will be present at for an hour which I think is a great idea.
    Head to the stag after the game SD Im pretty sure they head back there after the game. Should get them back to the tenzo after game for a karaoke sesh on a Friday night
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

As good as the pods are they still run out the same pr dribble.

Wow, just found this..... How apt! Is the Middleby or Palmer talking?

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    more podcasts is the best possible result for us (nf.net fans). i know there may be a few questions robbie/jarryd have said they don't want to answer from furns, but other than that it's open slather for us. any chance of a post-season review, drummer boy?
    Jarrod and Robbie have never refused to answer any of the questions that I put to them.
    I have found it difficult to get the podcast going this season, every time I tried to get people to put their hands up to record a sesh no-one was available.
    I will try to get a post season fan forum podcast organised if people are interested.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast