Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turning football fans into A-League fans

Turning football fans into A-League fans

It completely baffle's me I have a few mates that love football but refuse to go to A-league games there seems to be a few on the Foz too. I've tried the hole "ok it's not great football compared to the EPL and it never will be, but it's the best we have and it won't get better without our support."
    Any ideas on how I can covert my mates onto the A-League and any ideas on how the FFA can convert these type of people as I'm sure it's not just a few of my mates
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

After eight years there's probably not much point.
    The league is strong enough without the eurosnobs, and with GVE dishing up some inconsistent, uninspiring dross you might best wait till he's gone.

Or get tickets to a Sydney derby next year.

Plenty of the guys I play football with down here were of the same ilk, didn't want a bar of it, thought it was rubbish.

They reluctantly went along to a game at parra as their kids wanted to go, and now they are hooked, and look at me as if to say "why didn't you tell us about the a-league!"

Throw them your season ticket for a game you can't make, let them try it for themselves free of charge and without the pressure to admit its better than they thought.

Don't lose sleep over it though.
    Last edited by GazFish35; 28-04-2013 at 10:20 AM.

new dawners

don't forget to mention the motorcycles and fireworks though

I don't want any more at the game, I hate waiting 10 minutes for a flat beer. 1 minute is OK though

More tits....yeah def more tits
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    It completely baffle's me I have a few mates that love football but refuse to go to A-league games there seems to be a few on the Foz too. I've tried the hole "ok it's not great football compared to the EPL and it never will be, but it's the best we have and it won't get better without our support."
    Any ideas on how I can covert my mates onto the A-League and any ideas on how the FFA can convert these type of people as I'm sure it's not just a few of my mates
    love football? they wouldnt know it if it fked them up the coit. Many spruke a following but dont believe the hype. ask them about the knights score.

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    new dawners
    sup

Banned
    Precisely why do you want to convince the minds if these people any way???

As far as I am concerned these people have NFI at all about football and what it means to be a fan. (Now bear with me and don't just assume I am being a rude prick)

What I feel when I sit at the HAL and kick every ball and feel the joys and despairs of watching my club as the season progresses is what football is all about. Watching some Euro club on TV who you have no affiliation to I do not understand how people can get even remotely excited about this. Football supporting is a passion that delivers emotions upon you of massive extremes joy/sadness and a pile of shit in between.

These plastic EuroSnob mates do not even derive even 1% of the experience we do watching our beloved Jets in the flesh whilst they are sitting up at 1am watching some Euro team on the idiot box.

Real Football supporters couldn't give two ****s about the standard of football being a factor. Sure we may all want GVE to get the arse after the diabolics of the last season but nearly all of us will be coughing up for a membership next season to watch more of the same. These mates of yours who need some standard of technical mastery are obviously missing the point of what football is point blank.

If you are serious about changing their minds take them to a game. Better yet take them to Gosford/Sydney/WSW next year for one of our away days. Make them see supporting football is more than 90 mins of a ball flying around a pitch but a day out full of adventures

I always say to people who ask me why I bother supporting the A-league, that its our league, not some foreign thing that we can't put into.

I feel the same way. Liverpool will always be my favourite team because I have supported them the longest, however it is far easier to enjoy and be passionate about the Jets because we get to participate and interact with the team.

I have the same issue with few mates also. Just enjoy it anyway, atleast we have a team that we can be passionate about..and if those "eurosnobs" dont want in then so be it, cant please everyone..and as someone pointed out earlier more beer/shorter lines for us...mid strength

it is easier to hate a bunch of blokes you get to pay 10 bucks a month to scream abuse at than some other pricks on the other side of the world

it is easier to hate a bunch of blokes you get to pay 10 bucks a month to scream abuse at than some other pricks on the other side of the world
    Couldnt have said it any better.

And they can't hear you scream through the tv.

Banned
    Q Man are you referring to our opponents or our team and coach??
    Last edited by MFKS; 29-04-2013 at 09:42 PM.

I hate every single player except birraz and bk

Banned
    May well be a strategy we need to follow. Least that way blame can always be laid at the feet of our players in front of our keeper for all goals scored and not scored.

Genius idea.

GVE Out >>> Q MAN IN

Should just advertise Jets games as parties on Facebook.
    All the kidz turn up to that shit.

Meet the jets new marketing manager.