Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Travel Thread..

Cheers.
    That's what I had in mind in Ireland, getting of the beaten track an staying in small towns. I've got a few friends in Limerick so I'll be there for a few days, Cork and Blarney Castle are a must but other than that I'm keeping my options open.

I've only heard good things about Barcelona, I'm hoping to get to San Sebastian for a day as well whist in Spain.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Cheers.
    That's what I had in mind in Ireland, getting of the beaten track an staying in small towns. I've got a few friends in Limerick so I'll be there for a few days, Cork and Blarney Castle are a must but other than that I'm keeping my options open.

I've only heard good things about Barcelona, I'm hoping to get to San Sebastian for a day as well whist in Spain.
    Oh good lawd San Sebastián is not a day.
    Legit you will never want to leave. Place is paradise.
    I've heard the rest of the North Coast is amazing too but not been right along there.

croatia buddy

head to split, grab an airbnb, go down the markets and grab some fruit and cheese and sausage, grab some longies of karlovacko and a bag of ice and park your arse on one of the beaches off the mestrovica and wonder why you bothered to live in australia all this time

I'm off to the mentawi Islands in Indonesia in September for twelve day boat trip with nothing but surf , surf and more surf. Best thing is the wife is actually encouraging it.

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Sounds awesome will definitely try to fit it in.

I was looking at a Wicked camper type thing, how would I go just pulling up somewhere to sleep the night with the authorities over there?
    Is it laid back or will I need to find a camp site each night?

I'll speak to some German buddies tonight about it. Germans are pretty anal about such things

This will be your life save though

http://www.mobilisten.de

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    croatia buddy

head to split, grab an airbnb, go down the markets and grab some fruit and cheese and sausage, grab some longies of karlovacko and a bag of ice and park your arse on one of the beaches off the mestrovica and wonder why you bothered to live in australia all this time
    Heading to Italy and Greece in 4 months, Island hoping in Greece so there will be an abundance of Rakia and Ouzo by the beach.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Skirt Boy View Post
    I'll speak to some German buddies tonight about it. Germans are pretty anal about such things

This will be your life save though

http://www.mobilisten.de
    Cheers mate much appreciated I'll chat to you tonight about it.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

SWITZERLAND and Brugglifeld haha come to aarau... haha always a good guide here (namely myself lol)
    Amigos Aarau

Have any of you guys used airbnb before - either domestically or abroad?

I'm a complete rookie. What are the pros/cons, do's/dont's?

Is there anything more to airbnb's then just booking it, organising pickup keys time, etc? As in can I just treat it as if I'm booking a normal hotel? Or are there things I should know?
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Have any of you guys used airbnb before - either domestically or abroad?

I'm a complete rookie. What are the pros/cons, do's/dont's?

Is there anything more to airbnb's then just booking it, organising pickup keys time, etc? As in can I just treat it as if I'm booking a normal hotel? Or are there things I should know?
    I've used it a few times when travelling for DG. Had absolutely no issues. The only downside is you don't get room fairies coming in and giving you brand new towels every day and making your bed. On the upside, full kitchens, shitloads cheaper (usually), literally all the comforts of home.

Hey guys, looking for some suggestions for a little getaway with the mrs and young one. Really only want to travel a few hours tops and just want somewhere nice and quiet to chill out. Anyone have any secret spots that are willing to share?
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    Hey guys, looking for some suggestions for a little getaway with the mrs and young one. Really only want to travel a few hours tops and just want somewhere nice and quiet to chill out. Anyone have any secret spots that are willing to share?
    Ebor Falls

http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowUs...uth_Wales.html

Banned
    What type of accommodation you after

Caravan Tent Hotel Unit ??

Really depends what you and the family are prepared to do.

No place recommending a place that not fit into your acceptable accommodation desires

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    What type of accommodation you after

Caravan Tent Hotel Unit ??

Really depends what you and the family are prepared to do.

No place recommending a place that not fit into your acceptable accommodation desires
    Probably not tent or caravan... probably more looking at holiday rental houses, AIRBNB, Stayz etc.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    wow what a beautiful place, i have never heard of it!
    Thanks, will put it on the list!

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    wow what a beautiful place, i have never heard of it!
    Thanks, will put it on the list!
    I was on the gas last time I went there and didn't realise it is 5hrs from Newcastle so Might be a little too far.

Alternatively, if you can avoid school holidays Port Macquarie is a nice spot.
    Excellent accomodation at the Beachcomber Resort.

http://www.beachcomberresort.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I was on the gas last time I went there and didn't realise it is 5hrs from Newcastle so Might be a little too far.

Alternatively, if you can avoid school holidays Port Macquarie is a nice spot.
    Excellent accomodation at the Beachcomber Resort.

http://www.beachcomberresort.com.au/
    Yeah will be out of school holidays, kids not school age yet so avoiding those holidays for now!

Cheers for the tips though, much appreciated!

Just got back from a few days in Forster. The little bloke (1 yr old) lasted well in the car, just under 2 hours and the baths were good for him to have a splash and a paddle in. Plenty of accommodation along the front of the beach and the main St was a short walk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Heading over to the States next year for Wrestlemania 32, which is at the massive 100,000 or so capacity stadium that the Dallas Cowboys play at. And I figure if I'm going all the way over there I may as well cram as much sport in as I can, so as well as Dallas I'm going to check out Los Angeles and San Francisco for a few days each. I have basketball (Lakers v Heat aww yis), ice hockey and baseball lined up. MLS should be on as well then so may even squeeze that in.

Booked my flights this week and most of my accommodation is sorted, just need to play the waiting game now for the tickets to everything to go on sale.

RE: baseball. Go to AT&T Park in San Fran.

Never been personally, but everyone that has says it's gorgeous.