Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Travel Thread..

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    RE: baseball. Go to AT&T Park in San Fran.

Never been personally, but everyone that has says it's gorgeous.
    That's the plan! Will be there for opening day against the LA Dodgers so it should be a pretty big game.

Can confirm AT&T is great!
    Amazing venue. The stadium tour is really good as well. Take you through the sheds, dugouts, home base, worth a look at the mini baseball zone, on the far side.
    If you don't wanna do the tour, if you go around the back, (near the scoreboard) there's some stairs with security, it's free access to go up to the deck where there's a play equipment for kids and a mini baseball field and a pretty awesome view of the stadium.
    On game day they open up lower viewing decks, and they let people in for free for 3 innings.

Also worth a visit in San Fran:
    Lombard street
    Obviously golden gate, hire a bike go for a ride. There's a big temple esque structure that's worth a look.
    Alcatraz - book early. Book the earliest tour. You can stay as long as you like, so the earlier you go the better.
    Fishermans wharf - clam chowder
    Cheesecake Factory opposite Union square - great views
    NFL? - there's the 49ers, or i went over to Oakland (about a 20 minute train ride) to see the Raiders play. Idk about 49ers but Raiders Colisseum is pumping on game day. Thousands of people tailgating in the carpark. Very stereotypical.

Word of advice with Lakers/hockey/NFL if at STAPLES they won't allow video recorders/gopro and are supposed to prohibit professional cameras. Had a lengthy "discussion" with the steward regarding the matter and how ridiculous it was. They check bags and you walk through metal detectors and the NFL has bag restrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by evolution View Post
    That's the plan! Will be there for opening day against the LA Dodgers so it should be a pretty big game.
    Go Dodgers!!!

Baseball - The homebrand sport of the US. And that is not meant to be an insult. Such a cheap day/night out considering the prices of the other major sports in the country.

baseball is killer fun, always make time to visit a few games when i'm in the states

Quote Originally Posted by PC14 View Post
    Go Dodgers!!!

Baseball - The homebrand sport of the US. And that is not meant to be an insult. Such a cheap day/night out considering the prices of the other major sports in the country.
    Yeah you're not wrong! I went to a game at Yankees Stadium many years ago and paid US$17 to sit in the bleachers, had a blast as well. I just bought my ticket for the Lakers v Heat game and it's setting me back well over $200... damn that exchange rate hey?

Anyone been to the Philippines??
    Heading over there to Bataan in July for a best mates wedding and wondering if anyone had any "must-do's" while there, or places to stop on the way over/back..

Was reading that its apparently legal for them to shoot you if they suspect you are a drug dealer/druggo.. Pretty happy I've cut off the dreadlocks now..

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    baseball is killer fun, always make time to visit a few games when i'm in the states
    if you're in Korea any time soon hit up the baseball for sure. 1 litre beers in a plastic bottle, fried chicken stalls behind every stand, k-pop cheerleaders in tiny shorts bending over in front of you *dong*

I've been there for a work a bunch of times. Only based in Manila and stuff within driving distance so experience isn't huge but would definitely recommend a day at Intramuros and would recommend the horse drawn cart tour. Don't buy a shitty hat, shitty sunglasses or handmade flappy bird thing outside Manila Cathedral. Complete opposite direction from where you are in Bataan but south of Manila there's a town called Tagaytay that is an awesome day trip as well. Stop in at People's Park in the Sky, the abandon Imelda Marcos mansion on Mount Gonzales near Tagaytay.
    Just asked Manila based co-worker... they recommend doing something in Subic Bay or going to a WW2 museum in Bataan

Don't underestimate travel times while you are there either. The main office I worked from last time I was there was only 25km or so from hotel but a solid 90 minute trip.
    Last edited by Grimario; 20-04-2017 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Anyone been to the Philippines??
    Heading over there to Bataan in July for a best mates wedding and wondering if anyone had any "must-do's" while there, or places to stop on the way over/back..

Was reading that its apparently legal for them to shoot you if they suspect you are a drug dealer/druggo.. Pretty happy I've cut off the dreadlocks now..
    Had a week in Boracay last year, will definitely head back have had some friends recommend Palawan, Cebu there is tonnes of places depending on what your interests are.

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    if you're in Korea any time soon hit up the baseball for sure. 1 litre beers in a plastic bottle, fried chicken stalls behind every stand, k-pop cheerleaders in tiny shorts bending over in front of you *dong*

Back from a great week in Sweden

but if you guys are ever over here, never travel with Air Berlin... Bunch of ****ing ****s..... both flights heading there and coming home, plus lost our baggage. Zero service or information...

But mondays sure do suck after a holiday.
    Amigos Aarau

Once you get to Europe, the flights around the EU are pretty cheap apparently.
    Last edited by online; 07-06-2018 at 12:40 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by goaliepersempre View Post
    Back from a great week in Sweden

but if you guys are ever over here, never travel with Air Berlin... Bunch of ****ing ****s..... both flights heading there and coming home, plus lost our baggage. Zero service or information...

But mondays sure do suck after a holiday.
    Air Berlin are they a budget carrier like Jetstar or a full fare one like Qantas??

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Air Berlin are they a budget carrier like Jetstar or a full fare one like Qantas??
    Never flown them but they are going belly up, declared insolvency and their last flight is on October 27.

Never flown them but they are going belly up, declared insolvency and their last flight is on October 27.
    Once Etihad pulled the pin on investing with them it was only a matter of time.

Not quite the globe trotting travel you lot are all up to but just had an awesome weekend in Dubbo. Up there for disc golf but took an extra day off to do the zoo. Forgot how fantastic that place is. Been 25+ years since I visited.

and one of the pilots buzzed the tower top gun style

Yeah they where a budget airline, but notoriously delayed and problems. Poor model.

Europe best option is Easyjet. They have come a long way from the early days. Now they have such a big market. Are the leaders for cheap (but still somewhat reliable flights)
    Amigos Aarau

Quote Originally Posted by goaliepersempre View Post
    Yeah they where a budget airline, but notoriously delayed and problems. Poor model.

Europe best option is Easyjet. They have come a long way from the early days. Now they have such a big market. Are the leaders for cheap (but still somewhat reliable flights)
    Thumbs up for Easyjet - flew them from Paris to Manchester a few years back. No problems, comfortable seats that made Shitstar look like the train to Dungog and classy cabin crew.

Those international fly out days... Yeww cant wait for this evening...
    Amigos Aarau