Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Absolutely ridiculous rule

Absolutely ridiculous rule

If you don't know i live i Nth Qld and i play in the Mackay region. I also referee. On my clubs facebook page the presidents wife of my club has posted 3 things that FQ (football queensland) wants local referees to stamp on this year. The first 2 things have been around for a little while now and whilst i don't necessarily agree with the 2nd rule either (wedding rings for those whose finger has outgrown their ring i think should be an exception), but the third rule i have never heard of and i think it rather ridiculous. The 3 thins are as follows:

1) The wearing of skins – If skins are worn they are to be the same colour as strips or must not be visible at any time. With the exception of the goalkeeper no player is to wear long skins. If at any time during a game incorrect coloured skins are seen the referee will ask the player to remove them.

2) No Jewellery of any description, including wedding rings, is to be worn by players on the field at any time.

3) When wearing tape on socks it must be the same colour as the socks.

Is this sport becoming stupid? How is this even an issue. I understand if someone wraps their whole leg in tape completely changing the colour of their sock but i think its well over the top to have to go and enforce this.

Agree? And is this an issue in the newy area or is this just backwards queensland?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by weston View Post
    If you don't know i live i Nth Qld and i play in the Mackay region. I also referee. On my clubs facebook page the presidents wife of my club has posted 3 things that FQ (football queensland) wants local referees to stamp on this year. The first 2 things have been around for a little while now and whilst i don't necessarily agree with the 2nd rule either (wedding rings for those whose finger has outgrown their ring i think should be an exception), but the third rule i have never heard of and i think it rather ridiculous. The 3 thins are as follows:

1) The wearing of skins – If skins are worn they are to be the same colour as strips or must not be visible at any time. With the exception of the goalkeeper no player is to wear long skins. If at any time during a game incorrect coloured skins are seen the referee will ask the player to remove them.

2) No Jewellery of any description, including wedding rings, is to be worn by players on the field at any time.

3) When wearing tape on socks it must be the same colour as the socks.

Is this sport becoming stupid? How is this even an issue. I understand if someone wraps their whole leg in tape completely changing the colour of their sock but i think its well over the top to have to go and enforce this.

Agree? And is this an issue in the newy area or is this just backwards queensland?
    This has been discussed in the Local Fourm.

From memory it is a FFA Directive that has also come from FIFA and has **** all to do with your local association in Queensland or any of the clubs

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    This has been discussed in the Local Fourm.

From memory it is a FFA Directive that has also come from FIFA and has **** all to do with your local association in Queensland or any of the clubs
    Oh ok. Yeh i don't get on enough to read through the whole forum so yeh i would of missed it. It's absolute bs. Good to know though its a national thing, maybe international and not just my local area/state.

FIFA brought it in..... Send sepp a few million bucks and hell change his mind.

Yep, try being a Lambton Jaffa and getting poo and wee Skinz from your local Rebel Sport.

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    good for the game
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    try being a Lambton Jaffa
    No thanks.

The skins issue doesn't apply to me as i don't wear skins so i don't care about that. Same with jewellery. Apparently these rules have been in for a while but never enforced properly. I've known about the Jewellery and skins but i have never heard about the tape being the same colour as you socks.

I don't wear them either but it's been an issue at our club due to our colours. Weve been told you can have whatever colour tape you want as long as its not visible (like under the top fold of your socks).
    As for the jewellery thing, yeah hasn't that rule been around since day 1 anyway?
    The other one I hate is tucking your shirt in to start the game. Once again been round forever but what exactly is the point of that one?

try living in canberra and not wearing long sleeves/skins when it's close to zero.

ffs, good for the game, everybody loves seeing little kids crying because they're cold on the football field.

Jewellry thing has been in for ages.

Got told about the tape thing in our first trial this year and I think it is ridiculous. We played an Adamstown team who, for whatever reason, had no matching shorts and socks at all - there were about 8 varieties out there. The ref said nothing but in the end did it REALLY matter? We still got smashed.

Again, the Skins rule I also think is silly. It's not a professional league. All Age is a kick around.

Quote Originally Posted by weston View Post
    I know the skins have to be the same color, but saying you are not allowed to wear long skins, that's a new one to me

Back in the 90's when I was at the end of my playing days there were no skins but the latest fad was bike pants under the shorts (which did **** all) and the same rule applied then about the same colour as your shorts.

It is a silly rule but at the end of the day if you had white socks surely you can get some white tape and same for other colours.

Long Skins. why cant players wear them? because its a different colour to the kit? Ok, skin colour is different but the ref can seem to tell the difference between milk, caramel, milo, coffee and bonox. I feel that juniors should be ok and if cold enough getem on if you need.

The wedding ring rule is good, 1. let me give you a backhander with one on 2. will lose groupies.

i still don't fully understand the skins rule. teams are allowed to have shorts clashing colours - so the colour of the shorts or the undershorts shouldn't change a single thing.

don't see the problem with having sock tape a differing colour to the socks, if the sock tape colour doesn't clash with the oppositions socks tbh. some teams are really hard to accomodate socks for - you can't find purple tape nearly anywhere, it's taken westlakes until last week to find some for less than $5 a roll. and the purple tape we got, is a lighter shade than the socks & imo sticks out as much as white or dark blue would.. and what about barnsley - they have green socks, but the back is white. are they meant to get sock tape that changes colour at the back?

1. Invent clear tape
    2. ???
    3. Profit

Question for people who actually play the game: why do you need tape?
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Quote Originally Posted by evolution View Post
    1. Invent clear tape
    2. ???
    3. Profit
    Its called sticky tape...my office is full of it...$3 a roll and its yours
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    shinpad stability ?
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    I only use it to hold my shinpads in place because they don't have straps on them.

some people use it to hold socks up or wrap it around their boots to stop their laces from coming undone (gay).
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

u probably have heaps gay boots anyway parksey, like those pink ronaldo ones