Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Absolutely ridiculous rule

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    never really understood the not wanting to wear shinpads thing - copping studs down your shin ****ing hurts

and it's not like you feel them when they're on or that they affect movement or agility in any way

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    never really understood the not wanting to wear shinpads thing - copping studs down your shin ****ing hurts

and it's not like you feel them when they're on or that they affect movement or agility in any way
    When the rule first came in plenty of people hated the way they felt but I think they more liked the way looked with their socks around their ankles before the rule lol

My shin pads broke my ankle once.
    True story.

I remember when they had fence palings in them, and more often than not they would end up at the back of your leg, so a lot of players chucked em
    You look so much cooler with no pads

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    also, griff <3 (sup, militia)
    Engineering dungeon meetups
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    copas should be phased out

get with the times, people
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fish View Post
    My shin pads broke my ankle once.
    True story.
    What...tripped over em after a night on the piss ?
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    What...tripped over em after a night on the piss ?
    Used to wear full wrap around neoprene sheaths that a guard would be slotted into - stopped calf cramps, aided shin splints. They we're a bitch to get off.
    I rolled my ankle in a game, and instead of tutting the damn things off the medico folk ripped them over my ankle with an almighty crack.

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    That wouldnt be Bobby Hamilton would it?
    i'm not sure tbh, i just know him as old bobby. he's the old ref who i don't even think is a proper ref anymore, but follows around a few clubs like muswellbrook & jesmond & fills in for them when club refs are needed. he's the ref who likes to give crucial calls to teams that are losing, because he wants to see every game end as a draw so both teams win (his words - in that same game he gave our keeper a yellow for saying leave it, he said he didn't call a handball by the opposition in their own box because if we scored the penalty we would have went two up and that wouldn't have been fair). just look into nearly any muswellbrook match report for this season or last, and you'll see a heap of bobby's masterwork described

Banned
    Use to wear a pair of old school hockey shin pads. The things had a sheet of metal instead of plastic and use to offer a fair bit of protection frm a kicking. Use to get away wearing them as refs never really checked shin guards.

Studs yes shin guards no

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Use to wear a pair of old school hockey shin pads. The things had a sheet of metal instead of plastic and use to offer a fair bit of protection frm a kicking. Use to get away wearing them as refs never really checked shin guards.

Studs yes shin guards no
    I played with a bloke who did the same and the steel slats broke his leg when he was kicked.