Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Absolutely ridiculous rule

They may halt their run thinking it may be a team mate.... therefore their run is impeded.

I always thought that yelling 'mine' fell under the very broad but necessary unsporting behaviour category of the laws of the game, hence why it is usually punished with an automatic yellow.

Edit: Specifically where it says if a player "verbally distracts an opponent during play or at a restart" then it is unsporting behaviour.
    Last edited by militiamon; 07-05-2013 at 11:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    probably the stupidest rule out there
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Quote Originally Posted by au revoir View Post
    help hold shinpads in place as well as hold socks up.
    get better socks??? or get in the gym adn bulk those legs up?

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    to be fair though pretty much all boots have a certain level of gayness to them these days.
    you are not alone my friend.

(my last 6 pairs black, black, black, black, white, silver/orange gah kill me)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Good old Adiddas Copa Mundial's are still the best boots.
    Copa's have nothing on Pantofola's, Copa's are mass produced in a chinese production line, while the Pantofola's are hand made in italy, and while they have started to introduce more colours, they still always retain the retro look. I have worn them for going on 6 years now and honestly the best boots to will EVER wear, the only ones i have found coming close are Puma King Final i SL.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    Seem to remember as a young bloke that the laces in boots were that long I had to wrap em under the boots once before tying em up.Then wrapped some tape around tryin to keep em intact.Does anyone else recall this or is it just a bad dream I had somewhere

p.s obviously a question for the older chaps not the softer new generation lads
    I still prefer the long laces, the feel it gave the boot with the lace rapped around and done up on the side.

Quote Originally Posted by pastor399 View Post
    Copa's are mass produced in a chinese production line.
    not actually true.

there are two copas, the ones made in scheinfeld, germany, and the cheaper ones made in indonesia

the german ones are still hand made as far as i know.

the pantofolas are tops though, if you're a squillionaire.

the pantofolas are tops though, if you're a squillionaire.
    yep. getting copas for around $110 on prodirect >>>>>> spending double-to-triple the amount on a pair of lazzarinis or whatever they're called.

the "mine" rule - if you disrupt an opponent i believe it's a foul/possible card for reason mentioned above. if an opponent isn't around & you're just saying it to your own players, and no one from the opposition is affected, it's all good. try telling this to old bobby in local league football though - iirc he's given two yellow cards to westlakes players in the last two years for (1) keeper saying "leave it" to his own players with no opposition around (he also gave a penalty, not an indirect freekick, for this), & (2) defender saying "mine" to his fellow defender with no opposition around (he gave an indirect freekick in the beckham zone)

however, if the pantofolas last like copas do, i would see it as money well spent

i am still on a pair i have owned for four years, that have been treated like shit, left wet in bags, filthy etc

the calling stuff is such official dickheadery - the blokes that call this stuff are the kind of blokes who pull the wings off flies

great thread by the way, we have about a million tangents going on here, skins, sticky tape, expensive boots, official cawk-heads, slave labour

only at nf.net

great thread by the way, we have about a million tangents going on here, skins, sticky tape, expensive boots, official cawk-heads, slave labour

only at nf.net

also, griff <3 (sup, militia)

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    yep. getting copas for around $110 on prodirect >>>>>> spending double-to-triple the amount on a pair of lazzarinis or whatever they're called.

the "mine" rule - if you disrupt an opponent i believe it's a foul/possible card for reason mentioned above. if an opponent isn't around & you're just saying it to your own players, and no one from the opposition is affected, it's all good. try telling this to old bobby in local league football though - iirc he's given two yellow cards to westlakes players in the last two years for (1) keeper saying "leave it" to his own players with no opposition around (he also gave a penalty, not an indirect freekick, for this), & (2) defender saying "mine" to his fellow defender with no opposition around (he gave an indirect freekick in the beckham zone)
    That wouldnt be Bobby Hamilton would it?

Does Puma still make "Kings"
    my foot never fit in a copa - too wide.

though i did love how the "good" players would wrap the laces around the heel studs not the middle of the foot.
    (they also had one warpped round their head too)

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fish View Post
    Does Puma still make "Kings"
    my foot never fit in a copa - too wide.

though i did love how the "good" players would wrap the laces around the heel studs not the middle of the foot.
    (they also had one warpped round their head too)
    yeah Puma made Kings but I always felt the Copa's were a better boot than the kings

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    I only use it to hold my shinpads in place because they don't have straps on them.

some people use it to hold socks up or wrap it around their boots to stop their laces from coming undone (gay).
    Buy shinpads with straps????

doesn't look pro unless they are the size of a playing card m8

how's the yearly rumours that go around that the little shinpads are going to be banned, reminds me of this

lol, bloke i used to play with wore kitchen sponges ffs

Quote Originally Posted by slobsy View Post
    and they were the thin ones too.

Quote Originally Posted by slobsy View Post
    Seen that too!
    And thongs - pull the plugs through the sole, great shinnies!

i played with cardboard shinpads once...