Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Computer nerds..

Quote Originally Posted by la bazzle View Post
    Tried it but but the granny flat is on a differently power thingy or some jazz?
    Yeh, the transmitter and receiver have to be on the same circuit for this to work.

Mesh seems good, but can be expensive. Apparently, Google's mesh system is great but yeh, pretty pricey

EDIT: Also, not sure I would trust a Powerline adaptor system given the segregation required between data and power to avoid interference. I'm sure it can get you out of a tight spot, but the speeds would surely suffer running along the same line as 240V
    Last edited by WolfMan; 05-01-2018 at 04:50 PM.

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    Yeh, the transmitter and receiver have to be on the same circuit for this to work.

Mesh seems good, but can be expensive. Apparently, Google's mesh system is great but yeh, pretty pricey
    Yeah I was thinking of checking out the mesh thingy, other wise was just going to get those telco jerks to sort something

Quote Originally Posted by la bazzle View Post
    Yeah I was thinking of checking out the mesh thingy, other wise was just going to get those telco jerks to sort something
    If the Granny Flat isn't miles away, you could be better off running Cat6 cable direct from the existing Modem, or alternatively, teeing off the phone line with a secondary line to GF and relocating the modem itself.

You'll always get better speeds wired vs wireless, no matter the system

Does anybody know if there’s any advanatage to getting a Foxtel Now Box opposed to running Foxtel Now through my PlayStation? I’ve been trying to look into it on their websites but doesn’t really tell me much.
    I imagine it’s interchangeable and is similar to Apple TV in a sense that you just plug it in and use the remote to navigate.
    Is there any picture benefits? Does it stream better quality or faster?

Edit: I’m 99.99% sure there’s no differences to quality/speed vs ps4.
    Last edited by Bremsstrahlung; 07-01-2018 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Does anybody know if there’s any advanatage to getting a Foxtel Now Box opposed to running Foxtel Now through my PlayStation? I’ve been trying to look into it on their websites but doesn’t really tell me much.
    I imagine it’s interchangeable and is similar to Apple TV in a sense that you just plug it in and use the remote to navigate.

I suppose the only difference would be which is likely to be maintained/updated for a longer period of time, which I'd suggest is the box.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post

Can you record Foxtel Now onto Playstation? With the FT "puck" you cant.

Used Foxtel Now on PS4 whilst my satellite box was being repaired....never again.
    Slow..PQ not as good...couldn't record.
    If you don't have to, don't fall for the marketing bluff.
    Satellite box far and away better.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Used Foxtel Now on PS4 whilst my satellite box was being repaired....never again.
    Slow..PQ not as good...couldn't record.
    If you don't have to, don't fall for the marketing bluff.
    Satellite box far and away better.
    cheers. damn.

That's not to say that it is not for some people. I have Optus Fetch foir EPL but it narks me that games are on delay because of streaming lag and I can't record games to keep. This is one area streaming looks to make obsolete.

It is a great joy to look back on full recordings of Jets games I have been able to archive since day one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    That's not to say that it is not for some people. I have Optus Fetch foir EPL but it narks me that games are on delay because of streaming lag and I can't record games to keep. This is one area streaming looks to make obsolete.

It is a great joy to look back on full recordings of Jets games I have been able to archive since day one.
    Im hoping a hdcp splitter might work. no idea what quality and timer recording will suck. failing that a mate with a mini fetch

Anyone able to cast Optus from mobile to smart tv?

dont all rush...i worked it.
    Last edited by hawk; 30-04-2018 at 06:36 PM.

Trying to get back into PC gaming after a forever absence.
    Cant get XBox Game Pass for PC to work, every time I try to install a game it gives an error. Buggy af
    Anyone else having issues or been able to fix them?

Have installed Bethesda launcher, and grabbed a free copy of Quake
    Apparently Quake II will be available for free in the next few days as part of QuakeCon.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Steam is what I use for PC, Loads of games on there
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

uyeah I know, but there was a $1 offer for PC Game Pass. Figure it would be simple and only $1. They should be paying me ffs

Epic Games do 2-3 free games every week as well. Lots of shitty indie games and the occasional blockbuster AAA game.

I've had no problems with the Xbox app. It's excellent and I now have 3 different programs (6 including Uplay, GoG and battle.net) that have games I never play!

Epic Games currently has Remnant as the weekly freebie and it is a fantastic co-op shooter. Would definitely recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    Have installed Bethesda launcher, and grabbed a free copy of Quake
    Apparently Quake II will be available for free in the next few days as part of QuakeCon.
    Quake II is now available for free, Quake III will apparently be available in the next few days