Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Computer nerds..

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Is it one of my clips mate - I know there is some hum when the levels are low in patches? If it is I can run it through Audacity and try to tidy it up.
    Yeah it is. I'll PM you
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    +1 on Audacity - great program
    Agree. It's what I've used for the series, but it's been awesome. I'm self-taught so there's functionality I don't understand.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Alright guys, after some advice from those in the know.
    Need to connect new house to NBN. Just need performance to do the standard things like Spotify, Netflix etc.
    Who out there has a good plan they are really happy with?

Thanks in advance you bloody legends!
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    Need to connect new house to NBN. Just need performance to do the standard things like Spotify, Netflix etc.

we use internode, we are on their base speed and unlimited data for about $60 per month. we chew heaps of data because we run HD Foxtel through the tele via Foxtel Now. so if you dont need as much data then there are cheaper packages. service is tops.

highly recommend.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    we use internode, we are on their base speed and unlimited data for about $60 per month. we chew heaps of data because we run HD Foxtel through the tele via Foxtel Now. so if you dont need as much data then there are cheaper packages. service is tops.

highly recommend.
    I use TPG, sounds like its the same plan/system as what plague has got going with internode ($60/month unlimited)..
    Works fine for Netfrix, Foxtel, smart tv, gaming, hawk's adult entertainment services etc..

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post

I use MATE Communicate. Based in Wetherill Park and have really good customer service.

Haven't had any drop outs or perfromance issues.

Pay $80 (I think) a month for 50/20 that has unlimited data and no lock in contract. Brother and Father have gone with the same mob and similarly had no issue.

Happy with my choice

My brother and many others swear by Aussie Broadband. No contract, good monthly rates and inclusions, all Australian based support.

I recommend Telstra.

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    I use TPG, sounds like its the same plan/system as what plague has got going with internode ($60/month unlimited)..
    Works fine for Netfrix, Foxtel, smart tv, gaming, hawk's adult entertainment services etc..
    Ive got TPG decent price but the speeds are well behind a Telstra or an Optus

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    For NBN? Shouldn't really matter who you are with as it still uses the same crappy bit of copper unless you are one of the lucky FTTP ones. Could also be that TPG is terrible at managing CVC congestion which means your peak time speeds will be abysmal. Aussie Broadband and Telstra are both considered very good at maintaining that.

For NBN? Shouldn't really matter who you are with as it still uses the same crappy bit of copper unless you are one of the lucky FTTP ones. Could also be that TPG is terrible at managing CVC congestion which means your peak time speeds will be abysmal. Aussie Broadband and Telstra are both considered very good at maintaining that.
    I've never had a speed under 46mbps and I am FTTN, paying for a 50/20 plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I've never had a speed under 46mbps and I am FTTN, paying for a 50/20 plan.
    What exchange area and who are you with? I have never had any issues with peak time congestion in Cameron Park.

Mine syncs at around 75mb so I am paying for the 100mb plan as it's only $5 a month more expensive ($3.75 after staff discount).

What exchange area and who are you with? I have never had any issues with peak time congestion in Cameron Park.

Mine syncs at around 75mb so I am paying for the 100mb plan as it's only $5 a month more expensive ($3.75 after staff discount).
    New Lambton.

I'm also 300m from the Node. That helps. My top speed when the NBN guy came and measured my "capable speed" was 103.

Move to the promised land out west...FTTP (the way it should be).

Streaming two EPL games in HD, working online and still pulling at 90Mbps - usually above 95 consistently.

Meanwhile... Telstra adsl2 (most we can get in our area) lucky to get over 2 mbps and often goes to shit between 5pm and 10pm

are you Adsl2 or nbn? what speeds you get

Thinking about going nbn on the TP

Move to the promised land out west...FTTP (the way it should be).

Streaming two EPL games in HD, working online and still pulling at 90Mbps - usually above 95 consistently.
    Did you organise for FTTP to be installed? How was the cost, if so?

Telstra and Optus are terrible as well in certain areas. Most of your speed will be to do with how far from the cabinet / exchange you are not so much the ISP.
    My sister has NBN with Telstra at Belmont North and is lucky to get 4mbit a second download.
    Alternatively, I have a cabinet fifty metres from my house and was getting 19mbit a second donmload speed on ADSL2. When I swtiched to a 25mb NBN a year or so ago my speed is 24mbit per second download from a 25mbit plan. I'm with iinet.
    We run two computers, high definition Sports / movies on both TV's simultaneously and have no issues.

Again, where you are is the issue not so much the ISP. Your neighbours connection will be just as shit as yours - if it's not then there is an issue at the exchange.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 30-11-2017 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Did you organise for FTTP to be installed? How was the cost, if so?
    No sorry Dave - Maitland South is a "brownfields" area - they had to replace the copper with fibre and we got the good stuff. Unfortunately the consumer doesn't get a choice as it is based on where you live and what infrastructure was installed.

I cheered to the gods when I found out we were to get FTTP.

No sorry Dave - Maitland South is a "brownfields" area - they had to replace the copper with fibre and we got the good stuff. Unfortunately the consumer doesn't get a choice as it is based on where you live and what infrastructure was installed.

I cheered to the gods when I found out we were to get FTTP.
    I'm at Maitland / Oakhampton and have FTTN - but the cabs within 50 metres so it still flies. In laws are at Aberglasslyn / Rutherford in a new estate home and they have FTTP.

I currently have an older Apple TV which doesn't have all the Free-to-air catch up services on it. Only has Channel 10 and doesn't support the others.

Is there a box, like Chromecast, Foxtel Box or equivalent that has all FTA catch up services on them? Struggling to find adequate information.