Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Championship Thread

https://v.redd.it/xwnyt1pub0v21

Did anybody witness the calamity that was Leeds vs Villa?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post

Wow just wow

Blimey.

Has anything like this been seen before?

Imagine if the referee just blew the whistle and did his job.

Players have ZERO responsibility to stop if someone goes down.

Play the fkn whistle.
    Last edited by Roundball Enthusiast; 29-04-2019 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Has anything like this been seen before?
    Not the same issue but similar sporting gesture- Arsenal v Sheffield Utd FA Cup 98/99 season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whO5GAFBp30

Ridiculous - play the whistle, end of. Looked like the Villa player hurt himself.

Mental, play the Fn whistle. It wasn't a head injury or affecting play FFS.
    I wouldn't be happy if I was a Leeds fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Ridiculous - play the whistle, end of. Looked like the Villa player hurt himself.
    i was watching it live (without sound) because it seemed like a good idea to put the Arsenal game on the big screen. its been a long night so am a bit foggy on the events.

but

it seemed like they were playing the whistle, but the Villa blokes did assume old mate was gonna put it out when he slowed up, gestured to the sideline then 'seemed' to make a no look pass to the goalscorer.

buddy that put in the through ball knew he was taking advantage of the situation. and he is 'entitled' to do so, but geez, he can also be called out as a complete pillock for it.

all of these things can be true.

the Leeds defender who took a swipe out at the bloke scoring the square up needs to be dropped. not for going against team orders, but for the terrible attempt at a tackle.

Also also. **** Villa, esp Jedinak and Terry. Imagine claiming to be about 'playing the game the right way' when you sign ****s like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

I’m kind of happy with all aspects of that.
    Bullshit injury. Team play on. Ffs Leeds are hoping to finish top 2 and with a win there had hope.
    Agree with plague, up until old mate slows down it’s obvious they are playing on. When he slows down it causes them to switch off. So in the moment is when it gets into murky waters in terms of “fair play”.
    He has every right to do so as per the rules.

Bielsa has done the fair thing. Credit to him, he was obviously hating on Terry but put that anger aside. Hope we see them in the EPL, otherwise I think it’ll be at least another year or two.

Not sure if old mate didn’t get the message or if he thought fark that, I’m not giving up a goal.

Sets up an exciting possible playoff game.

Banned
    The funniest part of all that is John Terry whining about ethics at the Leeds bench

Time was right for him to sit down and shut up

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    i was watching it live (without sound) because it seemed like a good idea to put the Arsenal game on the big screen. its been a long night so am a bit foggy on the events.

but

it seemed like they were playing the whistle, but the Villa blokes did assume old mate was gonna put it out when he slowed up, gestured to the sideline then 'seemed' to make a no look pass to the goalscorer.

buddy that put in the through ball knew he was taking advantage of the situation. and he is 'entitled' to do so, but geez, he can also be called out as a complete pillock for it.

all of these things can be true.

the Leeds defender who took a swipe out at the bloke scoring the square up needs to be dropped. not for going against team orders, but for the terrible attempt at a tackle.

Also also. **** Villa, esp Jedinak and Terry. Imagine claiming to be about 'playing the game the right way' when you sign ****s like that.

The kicking the ball shit out

The hypocrisy is mind blowing

We as Skips are quick to bitch and moan when Asian teams play act and go down easily

We then have a NT who have made it a policy of playing on regardless and were quite vocal on doing this under Ange

So why are you calling old mate a pillock for playing the same way our NT have been playing the game for several years now and do so without being called out for similar pillock behaviour ??

So why are you calling old mate a pillock for playing the same way our NT have been playing the game for several years now and do so without being called out for similar pillock behaviour ??
    Diving = simulation = frowned upon = people call you a pillock.
    Faking injuries = simulation = frowned upon = people call you a pillock.
    Feigning to kick the ball out = simulation = frowned upon = people call you a pillock.

see, it all works pretty well.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Diving = simulation = frowned upon = people call you a pillock.
    Faking injuries = simulation = frowned upon = people call you a pillock.
    Feigning to kick the ball out = simulation = frowned upon = people call you a pillock.

see, it all works pretty well.
    Makes sense..

Thoughts on the play-offs? Leeds look like they're spluttering along and are hardly in form heading into these fixtures.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Thoughts on the play-offs? Leeds look like they're spluttering along and are hardly in form heading into these fixtures.
    Derby over Leeds
    Villa over West Brom

Villa to choke in the play off final leaving Derby to be promoted from 6th

2/2 so far.
    Lets see if Villa will choke as I said.

Next season we should do a sweepstakes for the Championship. So much fun to watch the league anyways, plus there's always heaps of drama towards the end of the year.

At worst we should all pick second teams at the start of the season and have a banter full thread on here to talk some shit.

Barnsley staying up with an extra time goal, the players first goal with the club too, and potentially ruining Brentford's season was beautiful football to watch.

All the drama of Wigan hurt to watch, someone needs to lose their job over that ownership scandal. Dodgy betting syndicates in Hong Kong probably aren't ideal owners..

Hull, a huge club, went down with 6 losses on the trot but somehow Luton Town, absolute minnows, fell out of the relegation zone on the last day after spending almost the entire season in it. So many stories from a single round of football.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

I feel bad for Wigan, we (Fulham) needed the win this morning to at least give ourselves a chance to get auto-promotion but wasn't to be. Losing twice to Barnsley really f#@ked it.

Playoffs it is...

Quote Originally Posted by evolution View Post
    I feel bad for Wigan, we (Fulham) needed the win this morning to at least give ourselves a chance to get auto-promotion but wasn't to be. Losing twice to Barnsley really f#@ked it.

Playoffs it is...
    You have been in decent form. Everyone shat the bed at the pointy end regarding automatic promotion.