Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2013/2014 a-league draw wishlist

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Superdylan View Post
    I've noticed one of the games against Brisbane roar away is still undecided aswell as Wellington.

Community game against the roar my guess sunshine coast? Wellington, Auckland?
    Apparently Suncorp is hosting concerts that weekend so we could end up anywhere.

Heres hoping they put it on the Gold Coast as I hear there is a place there on Cavall ave I need to show you SD

Boxing Day - SFC Home Game
    New Year's Eve - CCM Home Game
    New Year's Day - WSW Home Game
    Night before Australia Day - CCM Home Game
    Australia Day 1 - MBV Home Game (against SFC)
    Australia Day 2 - WSW Home Game

6 of the top fixtures of the year in terms of marketable dates, 5 go to Sydney + Central Coast.
    OMGCONspiracy!!!!!

edit: actually Adelaide also get a game on the night before Australia Day, but still.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

grown ups only friday night sydney game (y)

Banned
    It does come across as a dumb idea to have Jets v Smurfs on a friday night. On a saturday early evening you would think we would get 1000 + to it. Being that it is a 3 hour train ride home and you can now sit back and watch it on SBS will probably be down to 200-300

grown ups only friday night sydney game (y)
    ...not to mention the unemployed/those living on social welfare.
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    It does come across as a dumb idea to have Jets v Smurfs on a friday night. On a saturday early evening you would think we would get 1000 + to it. Being that it is a 3 hour train ride home and you can now sit back and watch it on SBS will probably be down to 200-300
    What game would you have had as its replacement?

Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    ...not to mention the unemployed/those living on social welfare.
    Or not be mention the shift workers/part time workers/casuals

Great way to start the season, looking forward to a 5am train home.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdylan View Post
    Or not be mention the shift workers/part time workers/casuals

Great way to start the season, looking forward to a 5am train home.
    And last of all there will be the general rejects of society (i.e students like myself).

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fish View Post
    What game would you have had as its replacement?
    Smurfs V Roar/Heart/Nix/Pissants/ Glory/Gypos teams that ain't gonna travel in great numbers to Sydney anyway.

Victree Jets WSW will bring decent turn outs anyway. Why **** with the actual crowd by discouraging people from going??

I can sit on CityRail for 3 hours that Friday arvo to watch the game at SFS and then another 3 hours that night most likely getting back to newy at 1am. I will do that. Some ****s will go no **** it I will watch it on TV for the convenience

You'll never make a football administrator.
    Gotta protect tv.

This is modern football.

Smurfs V Roar/Heart/Nix/Pissants/ Glory/Gypos teams that ain't gonna travel in great numbers to Sydney anyway.

Victree Jets WSW will bring decent turn outs anyway. Why **** with the actual crowd by discouraging people from going??

I can sit on CityRail for 3 hours that Friday arvo to watch the game at SFS and then another 3 hours that night most likely getting back to newy at 1am. I will do that. Some ****s will go no **** it I will watch it on TV for the convenience
    You could stay in Sydney overnight and catch the gypos game on the way back the next day

The idea for free to air is for people who don't have fox to watch a game, this then may encourage them to attend a game in their local are, so people watch jets v Sydney on free to air, hopefully it's a cracker of a game and the following week when the jets are at home they decide to come along , although I too will make the long trek to Sydney on the Friday even though I have fox

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    The idea for free to air is for people who don't have fox to watch a game, this then may encourage them to attend a game in their local are, so people watch jets v Sydney on free to air, hopefully it's a cracker of a game and the following week when the jets are at home they decide to come along , although I too will make the long trek to Sydney on the Friday even though I have fox
    This.

It's as much an admission that Sydney won't draw decent crowds so might as well get decent tv ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fish View Post
    This.

It's as much an admission that Sydney won't draw decent crowds so might as well get decent tv ratings.
    same as grubby league but theyve been doing it forever

Apparently Suncorp is hosting concerts that weekend so we could end up anywhere.

Heres hoping they put it on the Gold Coast as I hear there is a place there on Cavall ave I need to show you SD
    Actually think the game could end up in the lockyer valley somewhere, eg, toowoomba, ipswich, gatton or forrest hill.

Quote Originally Posted by RedMexican View Post
    Actually think the game could end up in the lockyer valley.
    Fortitude Valley would be better.

Hopefully the regional game goes to Mackay. Only 1 and a half hour drive there. Next best townsville, 3 hour drive. But the Cairns and Sunshine Coast ( i think was the other mentioned, may have been gold coast) may be a little too far away.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by De-Champ View Post
    You could stay in Sydney overnight and catch the gypos game on the way back the next day
    What sort of retarded ****ing idea is that.

The only time I will contribute a cent to the cause of those putrid ****s is when they are at home to Circus Newcastle Jets.
    I refuse to buy drink/food at the ground. All they get from me is ticket entry fee.

They could rot in poor credit for the rest of the year for all I care