Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please stop it, it is part of the game!

Please stop it, it is part of the game!

I dont know if this thread will get deleted or blocked but i didnt want to post it in just one league thread as it seems to happen in all of them!

I am sick of reading on here of teams losing 2-1 or 3-1 or whatever it they get beaten and claiming that they were only beaten by goals that were defender errors, so a truer indication of the game would have been 1-1 or something.
    Please f*cking stop it, goals from defender errors happen in basically every game in world football. If you go through every goal in history, in any league, you can pretty much pick out where a defender has made a mistake.
    It is part of the game and does not mean the goal is worth any less or the game should not have been that score line.
    The attacking team still needs to finish the chance!

Instead of insisting that every goal was a defender error and should not have happened, man up and take it.

There are some terrible losers on this forum, who blame everyone from referees to their own team mates.... take the blame as a team on the chin.
    Who knows if you actually accept it and work on the problems, these "defensive errors" might start to get fixed!

Rant over!

pretty sure the hpnujerksfc only conceded this type of soft goals last year.

rumour has it that when this is taken into consideration, we made the top 6 (y)
    we will loose

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    I dont know if this thread will get deleted or blocked but i didnt want to post it in just one league thread as it seems to happen in all of them!

I am sick of reading on here of teams losing 2-1 or 3-1 or whatever it they get beaten and claiming that they were only beaten by goals that were defender errors, so a truer indication of the game would have been 1-1 or something.
    Please f*cking stop it, goals from defender errors happen in basically every game in world football. If you go through every goal in history, in any league, you can pretty much pick out where a defender has made a mistake.
    It is part of the game and does not mean the goal is worth any less or the game should not have been that score line.
    The attacking team still needs to finish the chance!

Instead of insisting that every goal was a defender error and should not have happened, man up and take it.

There are some terrible losers on this forum, who blame everyone from referees to their own team mates.... take the blame as a team on the chin.
    Who knows if you actually accept it and work on the problems, these "defensive errors" might start to get fixed!

Rant over!
    My guess is that your a Defender, and you were blamed for letting goals in on the weekend... ha ha

in many of those games in World football, many commentators and managers regularly state that a different result would have been more fair.

On this local foz when only results are posted many people ask for match reports. When match reports are given, no one is happy with them due to bias. But how many neutrals actually go watch local games? Why expect different? It's a forum based purely on opinion, you're not going to change people's opinions on anything.

fwiw if you read medowie v westlakes match report you'll see many goals were defenders errors and a westlakes user even said they thought medowie deserved more. so it works both ways

If you're against gay marriage, don't get gay married. If you don't like reading a bit of bias on this foz, don't read it.
    Last edited by pv4; 21-05-2013 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cobra23 View Post
    My guess is that your a Defender, and you were blamed for letting goals in on the weekend... ha ha
    Hahaha unfortunately these old legs dont get around the park like they used to. I am well into retirement now.

I just don't get it though, blaming people in your own team on a public forum for errors that lead to goals, become the sole reason you lost... who need enimies with friends like that!

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    in many of those games in World football, many commentators and managers regularly state that a different result would have been more fair.

On this local foz when only results are posted many people ask for match reports. When match reports are given, no one is happy with them due to bias. But how many neutrals actually go watch local games? Why expect different? It's a forum based purely on opinion, you're not going to change people's opinions on anything.

fwiw if you read medowie v westlakes match report you'll see many goals were defenders errors and a westlakes user even said they thought medowie deserved more. so it works both ways

If you're against gay marriage, don't get gay married. If you don't like reading a bit of bias on this foz, don't read it.
    Its not the bias i have an issue with, people are always going to lean towards their own team. And if it is said that "we deserved more from the game" then fair enough, thats all good.
    But laying the blame for a loss on a single defensive error is not bias, thats just an excuse.

Also, good for you on your medowie vs westlakes post.... when i say its happening everywhere, i dont mean every single game!

The fact is if you are good enough you will win, if you arent you will lose, regardless of possession, chances on goals, defender errors or how well presented you are as a team.

Analogy, lol.
    Often but not always defenders mistakes are a result of pressure and goal deserved for the opposition. but I seem to recall alot are from good attacking play. I would consider dominating field position part of this.

Have to remember the foz is for objective talk. The bagging out and ego pump can be done at the pub.

how bout teams that think every week every ref is out to get them and only them ! There the unluckiest team on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Analogy, lol.
    Often but not always defenders mistakes are a result of pressure and goal deserved for the opposition. but I seem to recall alot are from good attacking play. I would consider dominating field position part of this.

Have to remember the foz is for objective talk. The bagging out and ego pump can be done at the pub.
    Exactly what i am trying to get at!
    Defenders tend to make these terrible mistakes because the other team is organised and pressuring. Along with the pressure and organisation they need to have players in position and with the ability to take the chances.

Also, the ref comment above.... hahahaha well played!

westlakes comes to mind. if it wasnt for bad reffing they'd be in the a-league wouldnt they. well thats the word on the street

Quote Originally Posted by fresh View Post
    westlakes comes to mind. if it wasnt for bad reffing they'd be in the a-league wouldnt they. well thats the word on the street
    most of ZL2 tbh
    At least westlakes have commented when the bad calls have been in their favour (see posts about medowie win).

Bad defensive errors and ref calls are a part of the game and i enjoy hearing peoples views on them. If you are annoyed reading about peoples views you should take posts less seriously, the forum is just a bit of fun in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    pretty sure the hpnujerksfc only conceded this type of soft goals last year.

rumour has it that when this is taken into consideration, we made the top 6 (y)
    OMFG! Snake! Wot are you doing down here?

westlakes have blamed the ref for one result this season. and even the opposition team on the day agreed it was outrageous how poor he was. but yeah, a-league & all that

westlakes have blamed the ref for one result this season. and even the opposition team on the day agreed it was outrageous how poor he was. but yeah, a-league & all that
    hahaha the westlakes boys on here are a funny lot.
    Always go on to defensive and then it is followed by the "oh yeah but i dont care" thing

hahaha the westlakes boys on here are a funny lot.
    Always go on to defensive and then it is followed by the "oh yeah but i dont care" thing
    I don't see why you single out westlakes when you could easily replace us with mussy, jesmond, Hamilton or Charlestown, basically any team playing any division.
    It's part of soccer and its always going to happen when there is a forum where people ask for match reviews.
    Last edited by true waterboy; 22-05-2013 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by true waterboy View Post
    I don't see why you single out westlakes when you could easily replace us with mussy, jesmond, Hamilton or Charlestown, basically any team playing any division.
    It's part of soccer and its always going to happen when there is a forum where people ask for match reviews.
    I think you are getting slightly confused!

I didn't single out you, any person or any club on the topic of this thread. Not once have i mentioned a club name regardling the topic, if you read the first post i clearly stated that it is happening everywhere thats why i couldn't post it in one single leagues thread!

What i did say about westlakes is that i find it funny how defensive you boys get and then act like you don't care all in the same post. That is all... have another read champion!

I think you are getting slightly confused!

I didn't single out you, any person or any club on the topic of this thread. Not once have i mentioned a club name regardling the topic, if you read the first post i clearly stated that it is happening everywhere thats why i couldn't post it in one single leagues thread!

What i did say about westlakes is that i find it funny how defensive you boys get and then act like you don't care all in the same post. That is all... have another read champion!
    Sorry it was fresh that brought westlakes into the conversation.
    I was trying to highlight the fact that I think its poor form to single out one club when its a common theme across the majority of clubs in all divisions, which the thread is about.

Quote Originally Posted by true waterboy View Post
    Sorry it was fresh that brought westlakes into the conversation.
    I was trying to highlight the fact that I think its poor form to single out one club when its a common theme across the majority of clubs in all divisions, which the thread is about.
    Not a worry and yep I agree 100%!
    Our new mate Fresh seems to be making a name for himself!

all i read in that league 2 thread was earlier this year the talking up of westlakes by some people on how they were going to smash the comp etc. then some early losses blaimed on refs and havent red the thread since.

was an example not singling them out

all i read in that league 2 thread was earlier this year the talking up of westlakes by some people on how they were going to smash the comp etc. then some early losses blaimed on refs and havent red the thread since.

was an example not singling them out
    Sounds like you were. even that post is all about degrading our club.
    Those four other clubs that i mentioned and ours have all posted in ZL2 about decisions that they dont agree with yet its only westlakes that you single out.