Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New competition and criteria

New competition and criteria

Thought IDE start this so any one wants to talk about the new structure and criteria for nbn completion.
    My question is how much is put on the ground condition. Being a former player I really looked forward to the games that were on the best surface, like magic Olympic etc.
    It's seems crazy that a ground like Adamstown is not in the best comp in this town and yet Cahill oval is in the best comp. The other thing is if maitland get promoted we will have another shit facility in NBN.

New comp should be truly Northern New South Wales regions like Coffs Harbour, Taree/Port Maquarie, Matiland and Port Stephens should be represented. Otherwise it should be called the Newcastle 1st division not "State League".
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

I (probably like everyone else) have heard a hundred different rumors of what's happening next season. Latest one is 2 going up to nbn, none coming down, scrapping new fm & they merge with zpl. Can only get promoted to nbn via application.
    Sounds really hard to do. Especially with all the new structures with age groups etc.

this is it in a nutshell
    comp will remain a 10 team comp, nbn and newfm can apply or clubs deemed acceptable could be invited to apply, newfm will remain for now, comp will start with u22s as reserve grade with 5 over age players and will be eventually become u20s, all clubs to have 14s 15s 16s 17s & u18s plus the 2 senior grades, point system implemented, to hard to explain briefly, any player over the age of 25 will earn points against your club for being an over age player
    clubs are asking for the points sytem top be scrapped,overage player to become 28 and resevre grade to be open age, just a short explanation but many other concerns from clubs but long to explain on here

So FR is there an exemption on that 25 yo who counts against your club if he was a local junior whos come thru the club ? If not there should be
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

yes there is, when I get time I will explain it more

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    So FR is there an exemption on that 25 yo who counts against your club if he was a local junior whos come thru the club ? If not there should be
    Seldom I think you will find this new system at First grade level to be stacked to favour the clubs who have local juniors who have come through their clubs grades at the expense of the clubs who go out and buy players from other clubs. A few clubs will have to change their ways but it won't be the end of the world and a minor adjustment in strategy.

Anyway Forever Red I will say now that these changes look promising and a step in the right direction for the NBN League to improve in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    this is it in a nutshell
    comp will remain a 10 team comp, nbn and newfm can apply or clubs deemed acceptable could be invited to apply, newfm will remain for now, comp will start with u22s as reserve grade with 5 over age players and will be eventually become u20s, all clubs to have 14s 15s 16s 17s & u18s plus the 2 senior grades, point system implemented, to hard to explain briefly, any player over the age of 25 will earn points against your club for being an over age player
    clubs are asking for the points sytem top be scrapped,overage player to become 28 and resevre grade to be open age, just a short explanation but many other concerns from clubs but long to explain on here
    I think the points system would be a good idea. I bet I could name the clubs who are not supporting the points system. I have seen the criteria for the points system and there are 3-4 clubs who based on current squads and historical approach re recruiting would be clearly worried. No wonder they would be voting against it.

FR - you mention that any club deemed acceptable could be invited to apply. Does this mean next years 2014 NBN will be based on application and criteria as opposed to relegation/promotion???

Quote Originally Posted by prawnhead View Post
    I think the points system would be a good idea. I bet I could name the clubs who are not supporting the points system. I have seen the criteria for the points system and there are 3-4 clubs who based on current squads and historical approach re recruiting would be clearly worried. No wonder they would be voting against it.

FR - you mention that any club deemed acceptable could be invited to apply. Does this mean next years 2014 NBN will be based on application and criteria as opposed to relegation/promotion???
    Yes, but honestly don't see any changes other then relegation/promotion, as nnswf has stated all current nbn clubs are eligible to receive an NC licence and hinted towards little change.
    Your correct on what you say about certain clubs not wanting it, the big 3 as I call them are really pushing for its exclusion or ramped up to make it more acceptable for them , pretty sure it won't happen though

Winner1
    Quote Originally Posted by punter View Post
    Thought IDE start this so any one wants to talk about the new structure and criteria for nbn completion.
    My question is how much is put on the ground condition. Being a former player I really looked forward to the games that were on the best surface, like magic Olympic etc.
    It's seems crazy that a ground like Adamstown is not in the best comp in this town and yet Cahill oval is in the best comp. The other thing is if maitland get promoted we will have another shit facility in NBN.
    Screw the facility, if the club has players worthy it shouldn't matter. Maitland's ground isn't bad, at least it's of a decent size! That and it won't take much to fix up the home and away changerooms. I'd prefer to player there some of the NBN grounds now.

Quote Originally Posted by Winner1 View Post
    Screw the facility, if the club has players worthy it shouldn't matter. Maitland's ground isn't bad, at least it's of a decent size! That and it won't take much to fix up the home and away changerooms. I'd prefer to player there some of the NBN grounds now.
    No reason why maitland wouldn't be eligible, personally I believe the comp needs a team from that region, their junior base would be enormous

Yes, but honestly don't see any changes other then relegation/promotion, as nnswf has stated all current nbn clubs are eligible to receive an NC licence and hinted towards little change.
    Your correct on what you say about certain clubs not wanting it, the big 3 as I call them are really pushing for its exclusion or ramped up to make it more acceptable for them , pretty sure it won't happen though
    I know your only relaying what has been said at these meetings and please don't take this as a personal attack but how can Valentine be considered acceptable?

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    I know your only relaying what has been said at these meetings and please don't take this as a personal attack but how can Valentine be considered acceptable?
    I'm hearing you

I'm hearing you
    I am also hearing you ZICO,

im pretty much speaking on behalf of everyone that is NOT involved with that club.
    not one player or club ever looks forward to playing on that crap of a field. the criteria is a joke..

i don't like all this age-capping nonsense, but i do like the idea of rewarding clubs for having players who are locals or have been at the club for a certain amount of years. a bigger emphasis on local, loyal lads (age regardless) is needed.

The cricket pitch at Cahill oval probably hurts Valentine badly - as you said, no one is keen to play there, so how do Valentine hold onto players for their own team......(playing there every second week!)
    As for other aspects of the criteria, they are apparently the largest club (based on player numbers) in NNSW, so there is no lack of juniors.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    i don't like all this age-capping nonsense, but i do like the idea of rewarding clubs for having players who are locals or have been at the club for a certain amount of years. a bigger emphasis on local, loyal lads (age regardless) is needed.
    I also agree that the age capping is a joke but how do they define a local player? Surely it's only based on a junior who has come through the club development program and not the locality of a player?

If NBN has the naming rights to this new league will it be abbreviated as the NBNNNSWNPL
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by late_to_the_game View Post
    The cricket pitch at Cahill oval probably hurts Valentine badly - as you said, no one is keen to play there, so how do Valentine hold onto players for their own team......(playing there every second week!)
    As for other aspects of the criteria, they are apparently the largest club (based on player numbers) in NNSW, so there is no lack of juniors.
    well what happened to all these junior players that VALENTINE had 10 years ago, because if it wasn't
    for PHOENIX , VALENTINE would still be nothing in seniors....
    thats why it still pisses me off that valentine got gifted into top flight football,with
    all the juniors they have and still cant get a decent football ONLY field.
    they could not produce the goods back then, and still cant produce anything now..
    Last edited by cobra23; 12-06-2013 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cobra23 View Post
    well what happened to all these junior players that VALENTINE had 10 years ago, because if it wasn't
    for PHOENIX , VALENTINE would still be nothing in seniors....
    thats why it still pisses me off that valentine got gifted into top flight football,with
    all the juniors they have and still cant get a decent football ONLY field.
    they could not produce the goods back then, and still cant produce anything now..
    Valentine have so many Central Coast players in their senior squads they are thinking of calling them the Valentine Pheonix junior mariners.