Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: New competition and criteria

Banned
    The Board of Directors of Northern NSW Football (NNSWF) has announced the clubs to contest the 2014 National Premier Leagues (NPL).

NNSWF’s Board of Director’s formally endorsed the National Competitions Review Implementation Committee’s (IC) recommendations on 1 July 2013. In response, NNSWF’s Management issued NPL Application Documentation to the nine (9) clubs contesting NNSWF’s NBN State League and the eight (8) NEWFM First Division clubs in 2013.

As a result, nine (9) NBN State League and six (6) NEWFM First Division clubs formally applied for a NPL Licence in accordance with the Elite Club Accreditation Criteria (ECA).

‘NNSWF was very pleased with the response from the clubs and their commitment to the NPL, Northern NSW Football CEO David Eland said. ‘Participation in the NPL requires a lift in professionalism on and off the field in order to fulfil the requirements of the ECA.’

Following evaluation of the applications, NNSWF Board of Directors has invited the following NBN State League clubs to participate in the inaugural NPL in 2014 subject to the terms of the Participation Licence and compliance with ECA;

- Adamstown Rosebud FC
    - Broadmeadow Magic FC
    - Charlestown City Blues FC
    - Edgeworth FC
    - Hamilton Olympic FC
    - Lake Macquarie City FC
    - Lambton Jaffas FC
    - South Cardiff FC
    - Weston Workers FC

The following clubs in the NEWFM 1st Division competition have been granted a 3 year NPL licence that will allow them to participate should they qualify for the NPL beyond 2014;

- Belmont Swansea United SC
    - Cessnock City FC
    - Maitland FC
    - Toronto Awaba FC
    - West Wallsend SFC
    - Valentine FC

NEWFM 1st Division clubs Thornton and Singleton, did not apply for a licence, however the clubs will be invited to compete in the NEWFM 1st Division along with the above Licenced Clubs in accordance with the terms of an annual Participation Agreement.

NNSWF’s Board of Directors also agreed to permit the Newcastle Jets Youth and the Emerging Jets to participate in the NPL in accordance with FFA directives, forging an even stronger player pathway for elite young players, particularly those in the ground-breaking Emerging Jets program.

NNSWF’s Board of Directors has also invited Football Mid North Coast to participate in the NPL Youth Grades (13, 14, 15 & 17) in accordance with IC’s recommendation.

To facilitate clubs’ participation within the NPL and to continue to develop Premier Clubs’ operations and efficiencies, NNSWF has promoted current Club Development Officer Gary Fisher to a new role of Senior Club Development Officer, specifically created to assist clubs in the NPL, NEWFM 1st Division and Herald Women’s Premier League implement and maintain the elite criteria and other strategic initiatives

that definetly warrants over a week late witht the deadline information

I think NEWFM should be a 10 team comp

Is that the same Gary Fisher who coaches at Weston ? Wouldn't that be a Conflict of interest

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    Is that the same Gary Fisher who coaches at Weston ? Wouldn't that be a Conflict of interest
    Not at all (insert sarcasm) He will only have the best interests of all the clubs at heart and will never favour one over the other. He is there to make sure everyone can meet the criteria.

Quote Originally Posted by Local Rules View Post
    Not at all (insert sarcasm) He will only have the best interests of all the clubs at heart and will never favour one over the other. He is there to make sure everyone can meet the criteria.
    Maybe he can shed a light on how Charlestown got club of the year... Smells like Qatar's World Cup bid fiasco to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    Thought the same thing.

It works for magic, why not weston (sarcasm)

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    It works for magic, why not weston (sarcasm)
    What like "former president" larry udarov running the board or current captain Peter Haynes working at northern and heading the review into the referees. The same ones who ref him each week (insert sarcasm and smiley face with a puzzled expression).

Quote Originally Posted by wannabe View Post
    What like "former president" larry udarov running the board or current captain Peter Haynes working at northern and heading the review into the referees. The same ones who ref him each week (insert sarcasm and smiley face with a puzzled expression).
    Did you ever stop and think maybe Urdarov and Haynes are quality contributors to Newcastle and NNSW football. Urdarov has an award from FIFA for services to the game. Haynes is a quality player, a good person and in a position to make a positive contribution to football.

Is one onehunglow Gary fisher

Quote Originally Posted by Onehunglow View Post
    Did you ever stop and think maybe Urdarov and Haynes are quality contributors to Newcastle and NNSW football. Urdarov has an award from FIFA for services to the game. Haynes is a quality player, a good person and in a position to make a positive contribution to football.
    Yeah my bad one hung,I meant to tag zicos comment . He is always so pro magic and has a comment about a guy from Weston being involved with nnsw being a bad thing . Was just pointing out that I didn't see the problem zico had when his club has two people working for nnsw,or is it only ok for magic zico? Known Peter for a long time and meant no disrespect to him or udarov,I think they both do a great job.

Banned
    Complete hogwash this argument.

If some bloke gets a gig at NNSW everyone says they will have favoritism to their club where they held a role that got them the gig at NNSW
    If some bloke has no affiliation to a local club then they are deemed not a football person.

End of the day they either have a prior affiliation with a club or they have no affiliation at all to the area and are then an outsider. Thats what you get in these roles

How about reviewing what they do, how they do it and then judge it on its merits without a pre conceived agenda???

Yeah my bad one hung,I meant to tag zicos comment . He is always so pro magic and has a comment about a guy from Weston being involved with nnsw being a bad thing . Was just pointing out that I didn't see the problem zico had when his club has two people working for nnsw,or is it only ok for magic zico? Known Peter for a long time and meant no disrespect to him or udarov,I think they both do a great job.
    I just agreed with another post.

no problem

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Is one onehunglow Gary fisher
    No, not even involved with Magic or NNSW, just stating my opinion based on my expericence with the two men in quetstion

All these years later the same types of discussions haven’t gone away.