Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New competition and criteria

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    I also agree that the age capping is a joke but how do they define a local player? Surely it's only based on a junior who has come through the club development program and not the locality of a player?
    It's based on any player who has been with a club for a certain amount of time, example Jarryd Johnson , south Cardiff, starts with 10 points, age 26, becomes 11 points for 1 year over 25, years with club, 11, minus 5 points, south Cardiff junior, minus 5 points, he now starts on I point , as for say Denis Fajkovic, starts on 10 points, age 26, plus 1, new player to club and played more then 5 first grade games at previous club, plus 8, he know starts on 19 points, each club submits top 20 players who all start on 10 points, you can not succeed 200, south Cardiff at the moment added up to 208 points, I would think some others would be substantially higher, a promoted club receives an extra 30 points for the first year

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    It's based on any player who has been with a club for a certain amount of time, example Jarryd Johnson , south Cardiff, starts with 10 points, age 26, becomes 11 points for 1 year over 25, years with club, 11, minus 5 points, south Cardiff junior, minus 5 points, he now starts on I point , as for say Denis Fajkovic, starts on 10 points, age 26, plus 1, new player to club and played more then 5 first grade games at previous club, plus 8, he know starts on 19 points, each club submits top 20 players who all start on 10 points, you can not succeed 200, south Cardiff at the moment added up to 208 points, I would think some others would be substantially higher, a promoted club receives an extra 30 points for the first year
    Going to be difficult to maintain week in week out.

It's not weekly, you start with your top 20 and they need to be 200 or under at the start of the season , you just need to have room to move if you sign players after the start of the year,

It's not weekly, you start with your top 20 and they need to be 200 or under at the start of the season , you just need to have room to move if you sign players after the start of the year,
    So you are allowed 200 points per 1st grade or a nominated 200 points for the 20 players you expect to play 1st Grade?

What happens half way through the season and you have a bolter from U/18's that deserves a top grad spot?

Can you play him or do you need to drop a player from your original 20 player squad to make room for him?

Can you also use up the 200 points on say 16 players or does it have to be a nominated 20? Plenty of questions I know but it's a strange system the FFA are putting in place.

Can't see the value in have first grade virtually an U/25's comp, I'm sure MFKS would like to see it an U/19's comp but I think it's going to far.

jeez . I also like the junior rewards but the best juniors gravitate towards the big 2 before long. Perhaps...Make it the first season of football becomes the junior club.

And, if you are a Jesmond junior which NBN club gets the reward pts?

So you are allowed 200 points per 1st grade or a nominated 200 points for the 20 players you expect to play 1st Grade?

What happens half way through the season and you have a bolter from U/18's that deserves a top grad spot?

Can you play him or do you need to drop a player from your original 20 player squad to make room for him?

Can you also use up the 200 points on say 16 players or does it have to be a nominated 20? Plenty of questions I know but it's a strange system the FFA are putting in place.

Can't see the value in have first grade virtually an U/25's comp, I'm sure MFKS would like to see it an U/19's comp but I think it's going to far.
    Essentially you will see clubs nominate the 20 players they rthink will play first grade. If there is a bolter from the youth team they will not count towards the 200 points. You could pheasibly only nominate 20 players, but clubs will fill the quota with young lads from their club.

Banned

Zico the question you asked pretty much answers itself. The whole system is designed to encourage the clubs to get better at developing players and develop them younger.

If you name your top 20 at the start of the year and you unearth a bloke in the U18's that can play first grade coz he is killing it at lower levels why would you be punished?? He is a local junior that you have developed and getting them to first grade is what the system is about.
    This young star will help you out more next year when you name him in your top 20 for your points quota by keeping it down.

This system will reallly effect the clubs who like to go out at seasons end and go sign 5-8 new players. They won't be able to do that in the future. When buying new players clubs will have to way up whether it is more worthwhile to the club to sign an experienced bloke from outside the club or go with the youth.

Stop panicking. It ain't doom and gloom and the sky ain't falling

The system is already in place in other State leagues around Australia already and isn't presenting much issues. Some clubs have actually benefited from it by getting their strategy right earlier than others

going to be first grade nbn quality over the hill 26 year olds playing all age z next season watch out !

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Zico the question you asked pretty much answers itself. The whole system is designed to encourage the clubs to get better at developing players and develop them younger.

If you name your top 20 at the start of the year and you unearth a bloke in the U18's that can play first grade coz he is killing it at lower levels why would you be punished?? He is a local junior that you have developed and getting them to first grade is what the system is about.
    This young star will help you out more next year when you name him in your top 20 for your points quota by keeping it down.

This system will reallly effect the clubs who like to go out at seasons end and go sign 5-8 new players. They won't be able to do that in the future. When buying new players clubs will have to way up whether it is more worthwhile to the club to sign an experienced bloke from outside the club or go with the youth.

Stop panicking. It ain't doom and gloom and the sky ain't falling

The system is already in place in other State leagues around Australia already and isn't presenting much issues. Some clubs have actually benefited from it by getting their strategy right earlier than others
    My concern is that the FFA solely see the State Leagues as breeding grounds and nothing else. Every club no matter what division or area they are in would love to have a great player come through the ranks and none would ever hold a player back from a higher league to better themselves but it needs to be remembered that these clubs also have comps they play in and no club survives just to be competitive or by being mediocre finishing 8th every year.

Clubs are also in competitions to win the competition but if you take their best experienced players away (and i'm going on my opinion that you get the best out of your better players between 25 and 28 years old) then you take away the soul of the club and also a large number of the supporters. The only supporters you will have will be parents and family of these young fellas.

I'm all for development of a better style of football which results in better footballers but in my opinion this way does not promote that. A middle ground needs to be found rather than simply disgarding players over 25 years old. Before you say it MFKS this isn't the old school thinking that has held back football as I do agree change is required but should it be so drastic?

Less politics and better talent identification at an earlier age from the Jets so these 1% or 2 % of kids that actually make it do not slip through the ranks. The fed are starting to go down the correct path by having plenty of opportunity to educate the coaches but still some junior clubs are stubbing their noses at the courses and having unqualified coaches coach kids.

Why does a local State League First Grade Coach require an "A" Licence? This is overkill as they are coaching semi pro players yet it costs them many thousands to obtain this credititation. I understand that coaches are going to Asia to obtain this cheeper and quicker but why should this be required to coach State League?

Lets be honest, no NNSWF State League Or NEW FM club will never have the ability to be promoted to the "A" League. So should the Fed be looking at this and not take part in the NPL? Or does this spell the end of NNSWF and open the door for NSWF?
    Last edited by Zico; 13-06-2013 at 09:45 AM.

Lets be honest, no NNSWF State League Or NEW FM club will never have the ability to be promoted to the "A" League. So should the Fed be looking at this and not take part in the NPL? Or does this spell the end of NNSWF and open the door for NSWF?
    I agree 100% percent with what you said. This last paragraph is what I have harped on about in previous threads essentially the NPL is second division. NNSW should of realised this long time ago and got its act together and recommend a few clubs or New entities put in a submission for the NSW NPL. I believe NNSW could sustain 4 clubs in a NSW NPL but its to late now they have missed the boat as the NSW NPL has already formed. NNSW could of then ran NBN league with little change underneath the NSW NPL some times you have to make the leap of being a big fish in a small pond to a small fish in a big pond.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Banned
    Zico I don't think you will find the effects on the clubs as severe as you believe they will be. Clubs can still have players over 25 years old they just tally up more on the points list. These 25 year old an older player can also have their points level deducted as there are an array of deductions that can be tallied up into the equation to bring them down to a player tally that is handy for the clubs.

One downside to the system is that players are going to have to be pretty loyal to their first NBN Level club. Otherwise their options of finding clubs may be limited and reduced from what they are now.

As for your other point about no NNSW Club ever making the HAL so why go down the road of this. Well the whole system is being implemented across the country. The driving aim is too improve the standards across the country. Until the standards are improved at this level the much vaunted FFA Cup will be a farce.

Anyway whats wrong with the idea of raising the levels and standards across the board at NBN level Zico??? Seeing clubs increase in stature/size would be a bad thing would it??

If having coaches with A Licences is overkill then to me this is a good thing.Better clubs wasting money to develop their coaches than to waste money lining pockets of players. Some good may come out of this

The funny thing is, mostly evey player over 25 in this comp has played for different clubs than where they are now

Quote Originally Posted by cobra23 View Post
    well what happened to all these junior players that VALENTINE had 10 years ago, because if it wasn't
    for PHOENIX , VALENTINE would still be nothing in seniors....
    thats why it still pisses me off that valentine got gifted into top flight football,with
    all the juniors they have and still cant get a decent football ONLY field.
    they could not produce the goods back then, and still cant produce anything now..
    Valentine won both 17s and 19s in 2011. Majority of them came through there juniors. Now there is only 2 players from both them squads still at the club. They were jammed out by all these central coast players lindsay tapp brought to the club last year and continued to bring them to the club this year. Valentine do produce good players but dont treat them right and who wants to play at cahill anways.

demon
    THe timing of nominating the 20 players will be crucial, esp to NEW FM clubs. With NEW FM starting some weeks prior to NBN there will be players who will not step down to NEW FM clubs until that last minute when they are told they will not be in the NBN sides.

That means NEW FM clubs will either have to be well under to 200 mark in case players do drop down or risk turning away players who would have been regular first graders for them.

If the 200 points is not to be policed game by game but only at that initial pre season point what is to stop clubs simply not registering players until the last minute, and claiming they signed as an overage 23 but their form has been too good not to promote them to first grade?

Quote Originally Posted by demon View Post
    THe timing of nominating the 20 players will be crucial, esp to NEW FM clubs. With NEW FM starting some weeks prior to NBN there will be players who will not step down to NEW FM clubs until that last minute when they are told they will not be in the NBN sides.

That means NEW FM clubs will either have to be well under to 200 mark in case players do drop down or risk turning away players who would have been regular first graders for them.

If the 200 points is not to be policed game by game but only at that initial pre season point what is to stop clubs simply not registering players until the last minute, and claiming they signed as an overage 23 but their form has been too good not to promote them to first grade?
    So it's implemented in new fm as well ? What a strange concept
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Does anyone have a link to an online version of the NNSW document given to the clubs?
    I was told it was on the Weston web site, but I cannot find it anywhere.

Overheard a conversation about current squads and points totals on the weekend. Interesting, if true.
    Hamilton - 280
    Edgeworth - 260
    Valentine - 190
    FR mentioned above Southy are at 208

Over in the Newfm thread, some are insisting that there will be no relegation and two promoted. Is this based on any fact?
    My impression is that the fed want to keep both comps and promotion/relegation.

Dumbest idea ever...

I got my hands on a copy of the power point presentation, and looking through it found this:

Youth Competition Rules will prevent players registering up an age e.g. 12’s cannot play in 13’s. Rules will facilitate playing up in the case of injuries.

The reason given is to "Maintain the integrity of the advanced player pathway" so this is to make the Emerging Jets the only ones who can play up an age group?

Later in the document, it indicates that EVERY team except the 1st's is considered a youth team.....

So does that mean 16 year olds can't play in 17's or just that 17's can't play in 19's? Even that would cause problems in many clubs.
    Last edited by late_to_the_game; 28-06-2013 at 11:17 AM.