Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: All-purpose 2014 World Cup Brazil Thread

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thought I would do a bit of research about making the trek to brasil

Come across this little Aussie tour. Blown away by it.

I wonder how many they will get for it??

http://www.sporttours.com.au/soccer/fifa-world-cup.html

THE SAMBA, RHUMBA AND LA BAMBA TOUR
    HOSTED BY THE FOUR DIEGOS
    After a fantastic tour of South Africa for the 2010 FIFA World Cup, now is your chance to get in early and book your place on The Samba, Rhumba and La Bumba Tour to Brazil.

Brazil is a country of contrasts, from the Amazon forest, spectacular beaches, great soccer players and Carnival time but not only that, Brazil is full of warm people, great cities with everything from slums to high technology, and a wide range of cultures and races.

The FIFA World Cup 2014 Brazil is definately going to be a once in a lifetime opportunity; not only will you get to watch the best football teams in the World compete for the ultimate football title, you can also visit some of Brazil's most recognised places. FIFA World Cup 2014 Brazil

TOUR INCLUSIONS

- International airfares from Australia to Venue 1
    - International airfares from Venue 3 to Australia
    - Domestic airfares from Venue 1 to Venue 2
    - Domestic airfares from Venue 2 to Venue 3
    - 16 Nights 4 star accommodation in Venue cities
    - Breakfasts daily
    - Return airport transfers in all 3 venue cities
    - Return stadium transfers to all 3 Australian matches
    - Bilingual assistance with all transfers
    - Four Diegos sombrero, shirt & scarf
    - Opening ceremony on arrival hosted by four Diegos
    - Regular football panels hosted by Four Diegos
    - Hosted by the Four Diegos
    - Managed by Premium Sport Tours staff

TOUR EXCLUSIONS

- Airline Taxes and Charges (Aprox 800.00)
    - Match Tickets - Purchase individually on FIFA website (20 August) - Click Here to vist FIFA website
    - All items of a personal nature
    - All meals and drinks unless specified
    - Travel insurance (strongly recommended)
    - Visa required for Brazil (currently $ 55.00) - Click Here for VISA information

FURTHER INFORMATION

- Venue cities will not be known until the final draw (6 December)
    - Exact nights in each city will be determined after the draw
    - Flight availability and schedules may require an additional stopover in Santiago (additional cost)
    - No visa required for Chile, but a reciprocity fee is applicable for a stopover (Currently USD 95.00)
    - If Australia is drawn to play in Rio, then the additional surcharge will apply
    - All payments are completely non-refundable

TOUR PRICES - prices per person
    Tour

Twin

Single
    16 Day Group Tour

$10,990

$16,990
    Rio Surcharge

$700

$1,400

PAYMENT DETAILS
    Deposit - $2,000 per person due upon booking
    Interim Payment 1 - $3,000.00 per person due on Monday 30th September, 2013
    Interim Payment 2 - $3,000.00 per person due on Monday 30th December, 2013
    Balance - Final Balance is due on Monday 31st March, 2014
    Airline Taxes and Charges - Due on ticketing approximately a month prior to departure For a single person to $17k for a 16 day trip??

Don't include tickets to games
    Don't include spending money

Whats the money going to???
    Do you get lap dances from Mel Mclauglin 3 times a day or something.

FMD

It's more fun in the Philippines

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    I don't think it's always Oceania play CONCACAF.

From what I'm led to believe there are 4 confederations that get 0.5 spots: Oceania (0.5), CONCACAF (3.5), CONMEBOL (5.5 inc Brazil), AFC (4.5). I am under the impression that FIFA put the four federations in a hat and draw out who plays who. I think it used to be pre-determined, but for this WC they drew out of a hat.

FWIW 4th place in CONCACAF could go to anyone still. If I were NZ I'd be particularly scared of drawing Mexico

Oh yeah i knew it was different every time however didnt know how it was determined.
    Just thought it was rough that we had to battle of with 5th placed Sth American side for two straight campaigns and then when we leave Oceania all NZ have to do is get past Bahrain.

MFKS world cup tours are fking expensive. What ever you think normal rates should be for accommodation, travel etc triple it.

I went to SA in 2010 with a group of mates and the tour itself was like 13k, that was tickets, flights, accom inclusive. We also got to go see 2 extra games for free which was pretty boss.

Don't think I'll be able to afford to go this time round

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by russjaybee View Post
    MFKS world cup tours are fking expensive. What ever you think normal rates should be for accommodation, travel etc triple it.

I went to SA in 2010 with a group of mates and the tour itself was like 13k, that was tickets, flights, accom inclusive. We also got to go see 2 extra games for free which was pretty boss.

Don't think I'll be able to afford to go this time round
    Wasn't expecting them to be cheap and was expecting 10k plus for a two week sojourn. Looking at it now going with the Fanatics you would be looking at 15k plus

Just looking at this WC one of the big issues is actually getting around. Roads are useless due to the distances involved. One of the venues was a 72 hour trip from Rio. Trains are not really existent and Airlines are the only go. Flights can be up to 4-5 hours and they again charge like wounded bulls. FIFA's travel arm is suggesting at figures of US$1250 return. Not really handy for those who may want to go watch more than Socceroos live in the flesh having to pay these figures everytime you want to change destination. So if you are lucky enough to get some tickets to the all important Iran V Venezuela clash or the Egypt V Slovakia bout you can add another grand each time

Other huge issue is the potential for crime in this country. Not like you can just duck into their local KMart pick up a $50 tent and pitch it somewhere. Leave your tent for 10 mins and you would imagine it would be a new addition to the favela

Quote Originally Posted by Giges View Post
    I wish NZ had to play the 5th placed South American side like we had to. 4th in CONCACAF is much easier IMO
    yep but oceania bplaying 5th place asian team is a gyp. I'd prefer any playoff to be against South America or Euro team in an effort to keep the comp stronger. 4 asian and 3 concacaf teams is plenty and nears ruins the tourny.

I don't think it's always Oceania play CONCACAF.
    FWIW 4th place in CONCACAF could go to anyone still. If I were NZ I'd be particularly scared of drawing Mexico
    It changes according to fifas corruptive thoughts.

Thoughts on the Socceroos being ranked 45 in the world that has been a slide down the rankings in the last few years....

It seems that football is aiming for mediocre not excellence.

I state the fact that we don't haves many/any that are in the true big clubs and regularly playing where the best players are re champions league... How does this look for preparations for Brazil 2014.
    Amigos Aarau

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by goaliepersempre View Post
    Thoughts on the Socceroos being ranked 45 in the world that has been a slide down the rankings in the last few years....

It seems that football is aiming for mediocre not excellence.

I state the fact that we don't haves many/any that are in the true big clubs and regularly playing where the best players are re champions league... How does this look for preparations for Brazil 2014.
    To me it is not all doom and gloom.

Sure we have bludged off the golden generation of 06 for too long but the reality is there has been a large shortfall with the death of the NSL and the establishment of the HAL. Don't forget also that for the first 3-4 years of the HAL there was no NYL so clubs were not interested in playing young players. This is now starting to be slowly rectified with the clubs putting more time money into younger players. Our blokes leaving Australia for overseas are starting to go to clubs of a higher calibre which is an improvement on recent years. Even the speculation on players leaving for overseas is getting better with the Beard being linked to Everton and Parma not Lincoln and Waregem.

I am of the opinion that we will qualify for Russia and still be one of the dominant teams in Asia particularly at home where the mentality of Asian teams sees them struggle under adversity

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    I am of the opinion that we will qualify for Russia
    Agreed.
    Getting to brazil while getting the 06 generation out the door was the biggest hurdle.
    Now blood the youngsters so they know what 2018 is going to need from them.

Panama throw away a 2-1 lead to lose 3-2 with two injury time goals against the US. Would have got them a playoff spot against NZ who instead now have to play Mexico.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Panama throw away a 2-1 lead to lose 3-2 with two injury time goals against the US. Would have got them a playoff spot against NZ who instead now have to play Mexico.
    Just shows how weak some of the qualification is for the World Cup.

Our crap team can qualify and then get hidings from Brazil/France and Mexico can't even come 3rd in that group they are in yet beat Kiwis over 2 legs and they are there. Pretty embarrassing when there will be better sides not even there or whom will deserve it more

With FIFA already deciding that 7 best ranked teams + Brazil (As per 21st October ) will be seeded then FIFA Logic would suggests the following 4 hats for the draw:

Seeds: Spain, Germany, Argentina, Colombia, Belgium, Uruguay, Switzerland, Brazil
    Hat 2: Netherland, Italy, England, Portugal, Greece, Bosnia, Croatia, Russia
    Hat 2: USA, Mexico, Costa Rica, Honduras, Australia, Japan, Korea, Iran
    Hat 3: Algeria, Cameroun, Ivory coast, Ghana, Nigeria, France, Chili, Ecuador

Note: Chili and Ecuador not to play a South American opponent and France (Ranked behind 8 european teams listed in hat 2) to be drawn with a seeded South American opponent to avoid a group with 3 European teams

So possible Oz group (ouch):

Argentina
    Italy
    Australia
    France

Or kinder:

Switzerland
    Bosnia
    Australia
    Algeria

For all those sim nerds out there

http://ultra-zone.net/2014-FIFA-Worl...up-Stage-Draws

My attempt (did someone say Group of Death?):

OK

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    With FIFA already deciding that 7 best ranked teams + Brazil (As per 21st October ) will be seeded then FIFA Logic would suggests the following 4 hats for the draw:

Seeds: Spain, Germany, Argentina, Colombia, Belgium, Uruguay, Switzerland, Brazil
    Hat 2: Netherland, Italy, England, Portugal, Greece, Bosnia, Croatia, Russia
    Hat 2: USA, Mexico, Costa Rica, Honduras, Australia, Japan, Korea, Iran
    Hat 3: Algeria, Cameroun, Ivory coast, Ghana, Nigeria, France, Chili, Ecuador

Note: Chili and Ecuador not to play a South American opponent and France (Ranked behind 8 european teams listed in hat 2) to be drawn with a seeded South American opponent to avoid a group with 3 European teams

So possible Oz group (ouch):

Argentina
    Italy
    Australia
    France

Or kinder:

Switzerland
    Bosnia
    Australia
    Algeria
    Greece are easier than Bosnia
    Netherlands are harder than Italy

For all those sim nerds out there

http://ultra-zone.net/2014-FIFA-Worl...up-Stage-Draws

My attempt (did someone say Group of Death?):

I got Belgium, Ecuador and Greece with us going through behind Belgium after beating Ecuador and losing to Greece

I simulated another 5 times, 3 more we got Belgium
    Last edited by joel31; 21-11-2013 at 04:10 PM.

Mark 'Marco' Bresciano free to play for Socceroos in World Cup as ban appeal continues

The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) said it had rejected a request from Bresciano to temporarily lift the suspension, imposed in November by FIFA, pending his appeal which it said was unlikely to take place for another three months.

Paradoxically, if CAS had accepted the request, the 33-year-old would have run the risk of having to serve the remainder of the ban during the World Cup if he lost the appeal.

Instead, he will now remain banned until March and then be free to play at his third World Cup if selected, whatever the outcome.

Brendan Schwab, head of Asia division for the world players' union FIFPro, confirmed on Twitter that the decision cleared Bresciano for the World Cup.

"Mark Bresciano will be free to represent the Socceroos at the World Cup if selected," he said.

FIFA banned Bresciano after ruling that his transfer to Qatari club Al Gharafa from United Arab Emirates' side Al Nasr in 2012 was illegal.

FIFA ordered Bresciano and Al Gharafa to pay $2 million to Al Nasr and banned the Qatari club from signing players for the next two transfer windows.

"The FIFA decision will not be stayed and remains in effect until the CAS Panel renders its final decision, which is expected in around three month's time or less if the parties agree to an expedited procedure," said CAS.

Reuters

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-01-0...ld-cup/5189694

Not a good outcome.

Dude is 33, misses 4 months (probably far more?) of football right before the World Cup.
    Mind you, still the most technically gifted player we have available.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

well that just made things better. Robbie Kruse Cruciate Ligament Tear, out of the world cup....
    Amigos Aarau

Quote Originally Posted by goaliepersempre View Post
    well that just made things better. Robbie Kruse Cruciate Ligament Tear, out of the world cup....
    that will dent our chances

If Robbie kruse not being there hurst our chances (which it will) we never had a chance to begin with (which we didn't)

Banned

Remember when things don't go you way.....

It's because your a C U N T