Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: All-purpose 2014 World Cup Brazil Thread

fyi, most of the slogans are not in English, and the translations are terrible.

The Chilean one for example is actually:

"Chi, chi chi. Le, le, le. ¡VIVA CHILE!"

Which is basically their version of "Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi" and nothing like "Go Chile"

http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ceache%C3%AD

Still doesn't excuse ours though
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Hummanahhhumanna....

Check out the full set here...

http://www.9calendar.com/2014-world-...and-wallpapers

Would appear we get some Stan Collymore on SBS this World Cup. Whoo. Love the guy + talksport coverage some of the best radio work doing football IMO.

retitled
    Use this thread for anything WC not related to Australia
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Ribery and Reus now out of world cup

So I get up nice and early on a Sunday morning for the England V Honduras game only for 22mins be played and now I have a 30min halt in play because of a thunder storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

A pretty lackluster performance by England who were hacked apart by a very aggressive Honduras that were lucky to have 11 men on the park for as long as they did. Surely not the type of game England would of wanted so close to the World Cup.

How in gods name did Welbeck get into this team the bloke was absolutely terrible, Rooney and Lallana worked there arse of getting back to defend and up to support Sturridge. Welbeck just walked around and didn't look interested, 1 week out from a World Cup you think you would be a little more inspired. When England did get the ball he made minimal runs and wasted most of the possession he had. The bloke should be shot.

England played with Sturridge up front by himself with Rooney on the right Welbeck on the Left and Lallana in behind.
    Barkley was a step up when he came on and to put it nicely Rooney was pretty ordinary before he went off, if Barkley doesn't start in behind Sturridge Roy needs to give himself a uppercut. Lallana moved out to the right when Barkley came on and was solid he was definitely the stand out of the 3 in behind Sturridge. To me its should be Barkley in the middle, Lallana on the right or left and Sterling, Rooney or Henderson the other one starting out wide.

Henderson wasn't bad but Willshere was better when he came on for Gerrard at H/T those 3 were solid but could of been better. Willshere got sucked forward late in the game too which just clogged up Englands attack. If I was Roy Stevie and Jack would start the first game in the middle of the park.

Back 4 no problems teams will find it hard to score against England. Jagielka was found out a few times bringing the ball out of defense but I think against Italy, Uruguay and Costa Rica he will entrust Gerrard to do that and worry about his defensive duties.

All in all I should have slept in.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

It's going the first real social media WC.... FB, Twitter, Instagram.....we won't know where to look!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy1rumvo9xc
    Nike are on fire this World Cup with their ads

Australia paying $7.50 vs Chile?? I'm going for it!!

Hello from the uk, long time no chat. Aye England look fairly average to be honest, Barkley would be my first name on the sheet but apparently Woys not sure. Bloke must want his head checked, Barkley plays without fear something no English player has done at the World cup since Gazza.

The England squad looks pretty damn good.
    Roy is just an inept manager.

Sturridge, Rooney, gerrard, Lallana and Barkley should all start. With players like sterling and Wellbeck on the bench it's seems a damn good squad to manage. IMO this is the best England team on paper for some time, minimal overrated big names and more in form younger players. If they had a different manager, I'd tip them to make the semis. However tough group and under Roy, they'd be lucky to make it out of their group.

Not sure if its been posted elsewhere, but just in case anyone else needed a quick SBS broadcasting schedule for their wall..
    (My boss just had me printing these badboys out for him and others in the office, haha)

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/sites...%20Schedue.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Not sure if its been posted elsewhere, but just in case anyone else needed a quick SBS broadcasting schedule for their wall..
    (My boss just had me printing these badboys out for him and others in the office, haha)

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/sites...%20Schedue.pdf
    you watch the football at work?

Quote Originally Posted by joel31 View Post
    you watch the football at work?
    There has been talk about getting a tv tuner or settop box in..

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    Hello from the uk, long time no chat. Aye England look fairly average to be honest, Barkley would be my first name on the sheet but apparently Woys not sure. Bloke must want his head checked, Barkley plays without fear something no English player has done at the World cup since Gazza.
    I agree Barkley should be in the team, bloke has been a stand out in a England shirt.

--------------------------Hart-----------------------------
    Johnson---Lescott----Jagielka----Baines
    ----------Wilshere------------Gerrard--------------
    Lallana------------Barkley--------------Rooney
    ----------------------Sturridge-------------------------
    I'M GULLIBLE!

I wasn't sure whether or not to put this in it's own thread or not, so I put it in here.

2014 World Cup Predictor:

Group A Winner/Runner Up -
    Group B Winner/Runner Up -
    Group C Winner/Runner Up -
    Group D Winner/Runner Up -
    Group E Winner/Runner Up -
    Group F Winner/Runner Up -
    Group G Winner/Runner Up -
    Group H Winner/Runner Up

World Cup Winner -
    2nd Place -
    3rd Place -

Golden Boot -
    Player of Tournament (do they award this?)

Australia
    How many goals will we score?
    First Goal Scorer -
    Most yellow cards -
    First yellow card -
    Score v Chile
    Score v Holland
    Score v Spain

Most Goals:
    Messi or Ronaldo -
    Neymar or Costa -
    Suarez or Sturridge -
    Muller or Giroud -
    Van Persie or Lukaku -
    Mandzukic or Dzeko
    Yaya or Aguero -
    Balotelli or Hernandez (MEX) -

Feel free to add others

I wish I shared your optimism Brem, I think will do well to get out of the group.

Which brings me to my next point. Every four years when the World Cup comes around there's massive hype here that starts building months in advance almost to fever pitch by the time the tournament starts. We get accused of unrealistic expectations which boils my piss if I'm honest, people confuse expectation with hope. But this time round everything is so low key it's really strange. This can only be good for the team.

Can we get a thread for all the groups like we did last time?