Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: 2013 FIFA U-20 World Cup - Türkiye

I agree from the POV that it would have been nice for the subs to get experience. It is a youth tournament after all, it doesn't make sense for half the squad not to play.

On the other hand though it was pretty clear that when he did make the changes they had sfa impact on the game. The problems were purely tactical, not personnel.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Quote Originally Posted by edhdeportes
    Tears. More tears. The players cry. The fans cry. The coaching staff cry. The leaders cry. Stephane Lannoy, the French referee, blows the final whistle. Some Salvadoran footballers collapse from emotion, others raise their arms, pump their fists, hug each other or thank heaven. They know that they have just been protaganists of history: the first Salvadoran victory in a World Cup. The electronic scoreboard of Rize - blessed city from henceforth - attests: Australia 1-2 El Salvador. And below, the names of the two heroes and minutes of their respective deeds: Diego Coca (17'), José Peña (40').

http://www.edhdeportes.com/index.php...ra-la-historia

In other news, that Quintero kid scored a cracking goal in Colombia's 1-0 win over Turkey. Possession looked like 60 - 40 in Turkey's favour, doesn't surprise me at all based on how Colombia played against us.
    http://www.fifa.com/u20worldcup/high...518/index.html

The position we're in now is - win and we're guaranteed to go through to the next round, lose or draw and we're guaranteed to be out.
    If we win we'll almost certainly finish 2nd in the group*.
    This would then set us up with a match against the runner up of group A (a.k.a The real Group of Death), which is likely to be either France or the US.

*only way we won't is if Colombia lose to El Salvador by 1 goal, but still score more than us against Turkey, in which case we'd finish 3rd but still go through.
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

If you don't win one of your games in the first round you don't deserve to go through (yeah, I know Italy once won a World Cup doing that).

We probs dont deserve to go through now. Just reasserts our over inflated view of our skillset.

Banned
    Didn't catch the game

Any reports on how Brillante's poor mans Ibra hair do has developed since the weekend??

Still coming along well??

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Didn't catch the game

Any reports on how Brillante's poor mans Ibra hair do has developed since the weekend??

Needs more lube

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Didn't catch the game

His goal made it onto the prime time ESPN Sportcenter.
    Which I guess is kind of a thing.

ESPN Sportscenter has never mentioned Middleby ever.

lol plague

Crappy time for our last game, dissapointed i cannot watch. Does anyone know if SBS play a replay of the game? How does everyone think we will go against Turkey?

Turkey only need a draw to go through to the next round. I won't be feeling confident if it's 0-0 at half-time, or worse still if they're ahead.

Fecking Gameiro butchered that. Needs more Hoole
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Josh hamma brilliante

Honestly needs more hoole and Mclaren rovers player oppps

I really hope Da Silva gets game time at Perth he looked good since his been on
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Galloway broke something?

If brillante was still in midfield with Irvine those two goals could of been stopped. Geria looked way terrible this game, especially at left back. Passing was way off this game but overall some good future socceroos coming through.

There were some very good talent missing that could of made the difference such as ikonomidis, amini, antonis (injured), Jimenez and skapetis( not sure on spelling). Definitely think we're lacked a playmaker like amini in the last two games. Da silva great talent but the more mature amini would of brought taggart into the game more.

One thing we do need is a dominant keeper - this guy is a "flapper" and gave his defence no confidence at all.

Yeah not a fan of izzo but we do have Ryan and langerak just a bit older than these guys plus there are others I just can't be bothered thinking of at the moment

Izzo was poor over all 3 games to be honest. Not a good catcher of the ball, makes routine saves look harder than they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    Yeah not a fan of izzo but we do have Ryan and langerak just a bit older than these guys plus there are others I just can't be bothered thinking of at the moment
    Obviously Federici, Birra too... all better options for the future of the NT, especially given the lifespan of a GK compared to others.

So you guys make me eat humble pie and THEN agree?