Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Watching the World Cup on the sands of the Copacabana???

Banned

Watching the World Cup on the sands of the Copacabana???

Any of the esteemed foz members going on a trip to Brazil for the 2014 World Cup or contemplating it??
    Member just fired the bullets this arvo. Haven't done a tax return for 3 years and I pulled the group certificates out and found out I earn more money a year than I thought I did So the decision became easy. May have to cut back on a few luxuries for the next 12 months and limit myself to the one Jets Interstate trip I have already paid for despite planning 2-3 more to get the funds together

Thought I would start a thread to discuss the trip and maybe we can enlighten one another on a few things we learn before we go to broaden ones horizons so we can avoid some of the pitfalls and make the most of partying to the samba World Cup beat.

For a start I learned that apparently Brazillians don't flush toilet paper. They have a basket next to the shitter to dispose of your used date roll. Apparently the plumbing isn't up to it.

RULE 1 When in Brazil don't flush the toilet paper unless approved as you may have a back up of your shit floating in your hotel room

the last real world cup, where the beers are cheap, the hookers and blow plentiful and the plastic chairs ready to be smashed on the heads of the unsuspecting french

count me in if the mrs lets me off the leash arf

Although its Wikipedia there is actually some handy info here. From transport to accommodation to stadia recommend you give it a look.
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_FIFA_World_Cup
    The final draw is 06/12/14
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

I was super keen to go but now I know the Member is there...?

No chance.

Or I can't afford it. That's more likely

I'm in if I can convince the mrs and get the funds. I shall therefore now be selling my self on the corner of Maitland rd islington if anyone is interested in a good time.

In all serious. I'm gonna get there. Even if it means hopping on a coal ship leaving newy harbour tomorrow morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    I'm in if I can convince the mrs and get the funds. I shall therefore now be selling my self on the corner of Maitland rd islington if anyone is interested in a good time.

In all serious. I'm gonna get there. Even if it means hopping on a coal ship leaving newy harbour tomorrow morning.
    Could always sell a kidney!!!
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    You'll need them for 2018 in a cold dark alley

You want one?

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    You want one?
    Might need one after Brazil can I get a rain check
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Might need one after Brazil can I get a rain check
    Only if you pay upfront haha

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    count me in if the mrs lets me off the leash arf
    so that's why ya bit the bullet mate, trying to get in the good books

I'm in for the World Cup, my old man coming with as well. I work in travel so have been able to book and deposit on a tour already. Just need to buy flights and tickets once available.

Going to check out Uruguay, Argentina and then Central America afterwards. Much like the esteemed Member I shall be sacrificing the away trips this year to finance the World Cup trip.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    in a similar manner, I will be sacrificing punching myself in the cock to have sex with beautiful women

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    in a similar manner, I will be sacrificing punching myself in the cock to have sex with beautiful women
    Why would you punch yourself in the cock anyway??

Quote Originally Posted by evolution View Post
    I'm in for the World Cup, my old man coming with as well. I work in travel so have been able to book and deposit on a tour already. Just need to buy flights and tickets once available.

Going to check out Uruguay, Argentina and then Central America afterwards. Much like the esteemed Member I shall be sacrificing the away trips this year to finance the World Cup trip.
    whats the figures on said trip?

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    whats the figures on said trip?
    $3,100pp + flights and tickets.

I'm budgeting $4,000 for flights (doing a bit of flying around while I'm there) and tickets... well who knows. From what I looked into from the last World Cup the cheapest tickets to group stage games were about $80 each. Someone who actually went will be able to confirm or deny that.

$3,100 thats cheap
    what's the itinerary on said numbers
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by evolution View Post
    $3,100pp + flights and tickets.

I'm budgeting $4,000 for flights (doing a bit of flying around while I'm there) and tickets... well who knows. From what I looked into from the last World Cup the cheapest tickets to group stage games were about $80 each. Someone who actually went will be able to confirm or deny that.
    it's not cheap to get th Sth America.
    We went 5 years ago and it was 3,600 return.
    admitedly we at christmas time, so wasnt exactly off peak, but a WC will drive uup demand into the continent.
    Flights in sth America arent cheap either as there is essestially only one decent (and safe) airline - LAN Chile.

Id be genuinely suprised if you can get to STh America for a world cup, and then fly internally on the continent for 4K

but that was 5 years ago.

The September just gone I flew Sydney-NZ-Chile-Lima,Peru-Cuzco,Peru-Lima,Peru-Chile-NZ-Sydney all with LAN and not leaving the airports at NZ and Chile, and it cost roughly $2900pp. This was through a travel agent though, not sure if organising yourself would be cheaper (or easier - the main reason we did go through a travel agent).