Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Watching the World Cup on the sands of the Copacabana???

I'm doing a 3 day stopover in Santiago mainly because I want to check the place out but also because I don't want to land in Brazil completely f#$ked after 18 hours or so of travel!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Also check out some of the shops in Santiago airport - I got some sweet lacoste & tommy hilfiger gear for dirt cheap in there.
    That would be why you are the best dressed man in the West Lakes of Gypostan

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    That would be why you are the best dressed man in the West Lakes of Gypostan
    Bon, Bodi, militia, stretch & russjaybee always attempt to take my throne but they never will!
    OK

Banned
    Actually have 2 flights in and 2 flights out of Santiago airport so should get a few looks at them.

Last one might be a bit hard as we leave at 11pm but the rest are in daylight hours.

WLG I take it that at the time these mountains are in view you are in the landing takeoff phase and not gonna be in a position to take some photos without finding yourself making some terrorist watch list or getting executed or something like that???

Yeah it didn't really come up without warning.

Just check out when you're actually coming up to flying over land and keep your eyes peeled. From memory it was on the port side of the plane when flying NZ to Santiago, may have been both sides.

You'll see it from the airport too
    OK

Member, you might have said this before, but what websites are you using to find cheapo flights in South America?
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Member, you might have said this before, but what websites are you using to find cheapo flights in South America?
    Militia just been keeping my eye out for flights I am after and just waiting until the airlines have a sale on.

Been keeping abreast of things on another website where many others are discussing the trip. Someone always gave a heads up when the Brazilian airlines had a sale.

Most of the time I have been buying Tam

I remember you saying to us you were going to Chile

What were you thinking travelwise so I can answer what you want

I'll be watching most of the World Cup from the sands of Las Vegas Nevada.
    If I survive the city during EDC (sup Q-Man) I'll be back for finals.

Legit though, safe travels Member (and anyone else going). Greatest thing I ever did was going to Germany '06, something you'll never forget.

Banned
    Got me flights down to 30!!!

Got a cancellation of a 2 legged flight and rebooked as a direct