Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NNSWF Coach Education.

Quote Originally Posted by Onehunglow View Post
    Another good session tonight I thought. Watching the Jets coaches, you have to say they know their shit and put on good sessions . Good initiative by all concerned.
    I agree, the ppl who bag them all the time should go and watch these sessions

The session was well ran again last night, the only problem I saw with it was Craig Deans over coaching the players by stopping every minute or so to have a 3 or 4 min coaching point.

GVE even thought Deans would have trouble keeping quiet for 4 minutes at the final training game stage of the session.

I have seen playing out from the back sessions done by about 5 good coaches in the last 3 years (at coaching conferences), and last nights was one of the better ones, with several second phase aspects covered which I had not seen before.

How good would it be for the kids in the new NPL structure if they were all getting coaching of that standard! (Which is where we will hopefully get to....)

Quote Originally Posted by late_to_the_game View Post
    GVE even thought Deans would have trouble keeping quiet for 4 minutes at the final training game stage of the session.

I have seen playing out from the back sessions done by about 5 good coaches in the last 3 years (at coaching conferences), and last nights was one of the better ones, with several second phase aspects covered which I had not seen before.

How good would it be for the kids in the new NPL structure if they were all getting coaching of that standard! (Which is where we will hopefully get to....)
    It gave me a good appreciation of how much time it takes to get to that level, playing out is only one aspect of many that need to be dealt with. It was a very professional performance from Deansy. I don't mind the "over coaching" in that situation as it was a demonstration session and GVE was highlighting the coaching points CD was making.

Another good session last night and I actually got plenty out of what GVE was saying while the drills were being run. It's been a great initiative by NNSWF and the Jets.
    What's everyone's thoughts on the final session next week? I had a chuckle when only a handful of people voted for option 1 so GVE took the microphone from Gary Fisher and said it was going to be option one. I personally wanted option 2 but at the end of the day I'm just happy and grateful to have them give up their time and conduct the sessions.

Missed last nights session, how was it?

Great session (lecture) by Scott Miller last night at the home of football as part of NNSW coach education (also getting points for re-accreditation)

Second time I have seen him speak (previous was answering questions about the Jets performance - the day after the game at the NNSW Coaches Conference)

To say I am impressed with him is an understatement. He let a lot of information out about the recruitment process and what he could/couldn't/can/can't do under the FFA and new owners.

Also a 30 min talk by current FFA technical director about the new approach of trying to "widen" the elite programs, indicating that a lot of talent is being missed at the moment. Should resonate with a few on this forum...

Quote Originally Posted by late_to_the_game View Post
    Great session (lecture) by Scott Miller last night at the home of football as part of NNSW coach education (also getting points for re-accreditation)

Second time I have seen him speak (previous was answering questions about the Jets performance - the day after the game at the NNSW Coaches Conference)

To say I am impressed with him is an understatement. He let a lot of information out about the recruitment process and what he could/couldn't/can/can't do under the FFA and new owners.

Also a 30 min talk by current FFA technical director about the new approach of trying to "widen" the elite programs, indicating that a lot of talent is being missed at the moment. Should resonate with a few on this forum...
    Coach education continues to be vitally important but it seems anyone enrolling in a course will receive a licence at the end of it no matter how bad they are. We need good coaches to produce good footballers so the fans can get excited and blow their horns.