Thread: Ice hockey

Ice hockey

Anyone really get into it?

Going to check out the northstars game tonight for the first time. Kick-offs at 5pm if anyone was interested.

Have had a couple mates & family members go of late so thought it was time to check a game out.

I went to a northstars game last year. Loved it but the crowd is a bit "we don't take kindly to your type around here".

Hockey is a great game to watch andd especially so at Warners Bay because you can stand right at the glass and be merely inches away from the action.

I'm not sure what pv4 is referring to with respect to the crowd. All I can say is that it is a family orientated crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdylan View Post
    Anyone really get into it?
    A lot of Americans do, and its massive in Canada.

Would have loved to have been able to play it in PE at school.
    Great fun to line a few tosses up and lay them flat all in the name of sport.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    yeah love the game

went and saw the Rangers v Islanders with the fist at Madison Square Garden a few years back

really good the way they actually let the big blokes punch on and everyone just goes about their business - if rugby league did that instead of pretending they're all against the biffo then they'd probably all be a lot less frustrated and would probably rape fewer dogs and glass fewer girlfriends and shit in fewer hallways

I'm not saying hockey players aren't into that sort of thing, but being Canadian they're probably a bit more polite about it

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Hockey is a great game to watch andd especially so at Warners Bay because you can stand right at the glass and be merely inches away from the action.

I'm not sure what pv4 is referring to with respect to the crowd. All I can say is that it is a family orientated crowd.
    Yeah I was standing right against the glass tonight, couple fights were right in front of me however my legs are killing me from playing football earlier on this afternoon, will most likely try and get a seat next time.

Yes very quite crowd most of the game, only chant that got up was a 'lets go north stars, lets go' by a couple people down on the goalie end with standing nearing games end but alot of the time but the place erupted when the goals were scored especially at the end.

Game ended up 5-5 tonight with the north-stars winning the shoot-out that went forever. Ended up buying a northstars scarf definitely will be heading back.
    Last edited by Superdylan; 13-07-2013 at 10:43 PM.

Love this game.

Really think the olympics is going to be awesome this year. Think Crosby will own the sh** out of all other countries.
    If you wanna play fantasy sports games, then write me, so we can make a private league.

Love playing Premier league and Champions league fantasy games at Transferfury.com but im up for other sites as well

Really enjoying being off and watching the playoffs

North-stars got up 8-2 tonight in Melbourne. Pretty impressive.
    Quote Originally Posted by benfathers45 View Post
    Mangoes? You should try eating it first before you hate it. I'm sure after you have tasted it, you will love it.