Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Middleby OUT

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    I've also been in the position of working for a company that was taken over and told I'd be gone.
    Stuck with it though and all worked out fine (and then sacked myself).
    I'll be swayed to your argument if in fact Middleby actually takes on your ideas and implements them, not just nods and waffles.
    By the way was he there at the meeting?
    He was there for the first 30 minutes but had to leave. He is a member of the committee and will be at future meetings. He stayed longer than he had planned to. the meeting started at 6:00pm.

And I, like you, will get some faith if the club implements some of the ideas and suggestions we have made too.
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 02-12-2014 at 03:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Ill assume if i asked "What would you like to see RM do?" the detractors will say "walk"

so if he did, what would you like to see the new CEO do?........ with no money.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    Ill assume if i asked "What would you like to see RM do?" the detractors will say "walk"

Not just that, but who would take the job on in the current situation!?
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    darren albert
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Michael Bridges.

Quote Originally Posted by mother theresa View Post
    People let go of the has beens, bring in someone with intelligence, money, connections in sport, they tried Harrigan, Gidley and the likes and look at the disaster they left.
    Do you see the common denominator in there? HSG.

Banned

I will point out for the last 3 years under HSG prior to this seasons debacle we have had money we have had opportunity and under the watch of Middleby we have still achieved very little and have actually squandered the opportunities Tinks has actually provided to our club.

Being this is the case that we now have a different scenario where we have no money no vision etc and find ourselves in a different climate it calls for innovation and strong leadership.

Strong Leadership I am failing to see from anyone in the club players coaches administrators. I am also quite unhappy that our CEO seems to wish to sit by idly it would seem as our season implodes with barely a hint of fight/effort from the coaching/playing staff.

I appreciate that RM's hands are tied financially and we are not in any position to **** off our under performing squad or our under performing coach but one thing the bloke can be seen to be doing is not condoning the horrid standards we are seeing.

The players are not fit enough
    The players can not pass to a teammate
    The players do not run for 90 mins of the ball
    The players do not play with an acceptable level of intensity
    The players do not play with an acceptable level of pride in the shirt and for their fans
    The side plays a horror brand of football that has repeatedly failed.

What I would like to see happen is our CEO take aim at these blokes publically whom are responsible for our current onfield issues and get them rectified or get the processes started to rectify them.

We need to start the process of change and install in place the correct culture of hard work/commitment/passion/teamwork/working for each other/ not accepting mediocrity etc that should be a fundamental feature of a working class town like Newy and its football team.

All I see is the standard bullshit of stick with us be patient and continue suffering through it. Nothing so far from our current admin/coaching staff have I seen has me thinking at all that these people are capable of even providing us with a shit team who will bust their arse for their fans as we have seen many times before in Newy football in the NSL let alone a side capable of challenging for the top 6 let alone the title

Nearly all of our problems are self inflicted and we can easily drag ourselves out of the malaise we are in by rectifying them.

To say you need money to achieve is complete shit. Look at the useless rabble of shite on the Gypo Coast. No money at all and they can at least provide their fans with a team of shit **** players who get the basics of playing the game

So you want RM to come out admit we are shit, and need to do better.
    a CEO pointing out the obvious and starting a war of words publicly against he playing squad.

that'll help sell the club.

and if you think HSG were spending any money on the jets, other than chasing a big marquee and setting up the emerging jets (which it now appears has had to be put back onthe shoulders of NNSW), you're deluded.

HSG were all bells and whistles to get evreyone in town loving the Big Tink man so he could get more coal out of the country. he was a league fan, plamer was a Spin doctor.

Banned
    As opposed to the current situation where nothing is said nothing is done and it is business as usual heading down the same road going nowhere. That sure as shit ain't working.

You keep blaming Tinks for all our issues whilst blindly accepting that Middleby does no wrong. If Tinks is our sole problem and is so bad for Newy football then the CEO is an accomplice for sticking around and taking a pay cheque whilst our clubs short to medium term future is flushed down the toilet.

A man of principle would at least stand up for what he thinks is right regardless of the costs to himself personally.

Exactly when has our CEO taking responsibility for any of the issues facing our club or the consequences of the decisions made by the club which he is either responsible for making or at the least implementing??

As for the concerns you have with the playing squad getting their backs up cause their boss gives them a foot up the arse then maybe the issue lies with the levels of complete lack of accountability across the club for everyone to meet a certain standard of performance.

Not one of the blokes being paid to play at the club at present has any grounds to complain if their level of performance personally/collectively is criticised.

The fans sure as hell ain't holding back

I'm with the Member here. For too long have our players escaped critisicim when they've played like shit. We need to stop accepting mediocrity from the players, staff and management. We've had enough shit, time for everyone to shape up or ship out.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    As opposed to the current situation where nothing is said nothing is done and it is business as usual heading down the same road going nowhere. That sure as shit ain't working.

You keep blaming Tinks for all our issues whilst blindly accepting that Middleby does no wrong. If Tinks is our sole problem and is so bad for Newy football then the CEO is an accomplice for sticking around and taking a pay cheque whilst our clubs short to medium term future is flushed down the toilet.

A man of principle would at least stand up for what he thinks is right regardless of the costs to himself personally.

Exactly when has our CEO taking responsibility for any of the issues facing our club or the consequences of the decisions made by the club which he is either responsible for making or at the least implementing??

As for the concerns you have with the playing squad getting their backs up cause their boss gives them a foot up the arse then maybe the issue lies with the levels of complete lack of accountability across the club for everyone to meet a certain standard of performance.

Not one of the blokes being paid to play at the club at present has any grounds to complain if their level of performance personally/collectively is criticised.

The fans sure as hell ain't holding back

+ 1

blindly accepting that Middleby does no wrong.
    No. This isn't happening.
    Just taking a more moderate view on things.

I'm not one to believe that burning a place down to have to build it back up is the way to go.

I'm not arguing the playing group don't deserve criticism.

I just can't see how it would help the situation.
    Last edited by GazFish35; 02-12-2014 at 08:25 PM.

Banned
    No. This isn't happening.
    Just taking a more moderate view on things.

I'm not one to believe that burning a place down to have to build it back up is the way to go.

I'm not arguing the playing group don't deserve criticism.

I just can't see how it would help the situation.
    Burning the place down??

No one is calling for that. What we are calling for though is a level of accountability across the paid staff whether that be the admin/coaches/players etc to actually perform at a level that is currently not being achieved.

We have a situation at present where we have a coach who at the bare minimum seems to have seriously misjudged the level of preparation required of his squad to be up to speed for this season. We as a result are getting results accordingly.

We have a pile of players who are either not performing at a level they can or are showing little sign of personal improvement and reaching their potential.

We have an admin team who refuse to take any responsibility for the decisions made that have got us to this point and fail to hold neither them selves the coaching department or the players accountable.

Accountability is a wonderful thing that actually see things get done
    I have it in my employment. I can **** up to an extent but if my **** up is severe enough I am out on my arse and joining the Gypos at Centrelink. If my level of performance isn't up to scratch I also cop it.

Just as my subordinates have accountability. Yes some one gave me the position to lead - Go Figure!!!!

I am accountable and cop the shit from above due to their **** ups. That is why I am constantly addressing their shortcomings to keep them and myself out of the shit.
    When they **** up I don't just blame them. I take the blame and so do they for their shortcomings.

We refuse as a club to be honest about our shortcomings and as a result are getting nowhere. This lack of accountability at the club has been around for a lot longer than since Tinks uttered the words he can't wait to get us out the door.

Set the core values we want in our side and then work to achieve it. You get these blokes fit, play a simple effective game of a POSITIVE nature, get ourselves organised,work hard for each other, never accept second best, try to the final whistle, put your best players on the park and in their correct positions, stop offering up excuses and rip in at both training and matches and guess what??

WE WILL WIN SOME ****ING GAMES

It isn't rocket science

Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post
    Simple as this;

He brought Griff Home

Love middleby

and he got drewby of his 5 year ban

legend.
    this.

Agree with body
    Go jetties

and because the playing staff aren't dressed down in public you assume it's not happening behind closed doors.
    Playing staff being held accountable...... Six players got dropped after the Brisbane game. Would you like all 11 dropped?

Admin staff being held accountable...... There's bugger all admin staff running the club and they're doing it on the smell of an oily rag, trying to do the work that other clubs have 4 times their staff to do, yet they've managed to convince 10,000 members to join despite the results. I saw the numbers of desks in the office last night, and have had a number so sit down meetings at WSW.... They've got 3-4 people for each one of ours, and have heard from WSW staff about the size of other clubs back room teams. And.... our owners have been 2 blokes that lots of other businessmen round town don't want to do business with so any sponsor they can get to part cash with (again despite on field results)

CEO holding gaffer to account...... GVE got shit results and got fired. A new boss got the job, one we could afford. And a number of key players have only just come back from long term injury and one signing has ****ed off back to New York because he didn't like newcastle's night clubs. There's no money to sack the coach we just hired.

A reality check is needed.
    It's not about accepting mediocrity, just as much as it's not about blind faith.

It'd be like Stoke fans demanding we finish above Man City and Chelsea

Banned
    and because the playing staff aren't dressed down in public you assume it's not happening behind closed doors.
    Playing staff being held accountable...... Six players got dropped after the Brisbane game. Would you like all 11 dropped?

Admin staff being held accountable...... There's bugger all admin staff running the club and they're doing it on the smell of an oily rag, trying to do the work that other clubs have 4 times their staff to do, yet they've managed to convince 10,000 members to join despite the results. I saw the numbers of desks in the office last night, and have had a number so sit down meetings at WSW.... They've got 3-4 people for each one of ours, and have heard from WSW staff about the size of other clubs back room teams. And.... our owners have been 2 blokes that lots of other businessmen round town don't want to do business with so any sponsor they can get to part cash with (again despite on field results)

CEO holding gaffer to account...... GVE got shit results and got fired. A new boss got the job, one we could afford. And a number of key players have only just come back from long term injury and one signing has ****ed off back to New York because he didn't like newcastle's night clubs. There's no money to sack the coach we just hired.

A reality check is needed.
    It's not about accepting mediocrity, just as much as it's not about blind faith.

It'd be like Stoke fans demanding we finish above Man City and Chelsea
    To give the admin credit for signing up 10k of members is a generous concession. Besides the obvious with the low price of a Membership being a draw card the reason we have 10k of Members is down to nothing more than the unwavering loyalty showed to the cause by you me everyone else on the foz and the rest of our fan base who refuse to quit on this club despite being shat on at every turn.

As for the numbers of admin staff we employ how is that relevant to our poor performance across the club?? I am pretty certain those Gypos have **** all staff also and have had a successful club for most years in the HAL
    Maybe it is actually down to the quality of the work done by the employed crew and not so much the sheer numbers of staff??

GVE got shit results for 2 years was given a contract upgrade part of the way through by someone high up obviously!!! and then as a reward for his lack of performance was then moved into a role that dictates the strength of our juniors for the future. The same bloke who has shown his lack of ability with the nurturing of young talents repeatedly. Hardly being held to account

To claim that Stubbins was the only coach we could have chosen is fallacy. Sure we are not in the market for the blue chip coaches like Arnold/Postecoglou/ Poppa etc due to funds but we could have picked up anyone in the NSWNPL /VNPL /QNPL NNSWNPL and given them the opportunity. Hell we could have scoured the world for a foreigner on the cheap. Hell there are umpteen unemployed coaches in this country desperate for a call. Hell we could have even employed the assistant manager who surely would have cost less than Stubbins or are we currently actually paying our assistant more than our head coach??
    Money has not dictated that Stubbins was our ONLY option. The choice was still made.

As for our player injury situation. I think you are over playing it
    Flores I will accept as a key player back from long term injury. Neville although a first choice regular is not a KEY player in my eyes.
    As for Celevski/Madaschi they may be key players time will tell but their injuries were short term in nature and they missed what 5-6 games

So if the dressing down these blokes get has been behind closed doors as you claim where has the inspired backlash been?? We got flogged by Nix and turn in arguably a more lethargic effort V Perth where it just took Perth longer than they should have to hit the front

We get flogged by Roar. We are out played by WSW and get away with a draw. We then return home and play our most despised opponent and the same players who should be out to put on an inspired effort after their last display before their home crowd can barely muster an adequate level of intensity to avoid losing again.

The behind closed doors approach is not really working. Maybe some public criticism is what is needed to actually get these blokes to pull their fingers out??

Seems to work at other clubs where they respond with an inspired passionate display after a horror effort the game before

As for a reality check no one is claiming we deserve to be winning the league. What we want is to go forth and actually compete seriously at this level. It is not impossible

The reality check is this our position on the ladder which is not really just and the fact that in the 9 competitive games including the FFA Cup game we have played this season so far we have not deserved to win 1 of them. It ain't like we are busting our arse and the results are not falling our way and it is a matter of time before the universe levels things out.

We are not winning cause we are not deserving of doing so

As for the numbers of admin staff we employ how is that relevant to our poor performance across the club?? I am pretty certain those Gypos have **** all staff also and have had a successful club for most years in the HAL
    Maybe it is actually down to the quality of the work done by the employed crew and not so much the sheer numbers of staff??
    You mentioned earlier you were part of a team and had leadership responsibilities. how big is your team? If you were competing against other organisations with 3 times the manpower and your team itself was actually undermanned and therefore overworked and spread too thin on tasks assigned...... Are you telling me the quality of work would still match up with your competitors? Get "better" people? How? What "better" peopler are gonna jump at a job advert that says "the work is hard, the pay is shit, do three times the work of one man and we'll still shit bag you in public"..... Nurses are already employed in hospitals.

Go down to the offices now and ask to volunteer if your team can be understaffed and produce outcomes that match those of organisations 3 times larger if that's the case, (instead of barking off online based on assumptions and no real understanding of the finances, contractual restrictions and sheer volume of work a limited number of staff do working for the club) and provide the solutions.

Fire those who are working under tight restrictions and find better people who'll come in and work in a club with an unstable owner (since forever) and demand they meet the same standards set by other organisations with greater access to resources and less restrictions on what they do with the resources. Coasties have 3 staff for every 2 of ours too btw.

Maybe he should have gone 12-18months ago, but my DeLorean DMC-12 is at the mechanic and we can't go back in time, rolling anyone's head down hannell street at this particular time in the club's life is not going to help.

Don't try and suggest I'm arguing points I'm not. I've never claimed Stubbins was the only choice due to funds, just that our choices would have been restricted by funds.... And it's still to early to suggest anyone else we may have been able to afford could have the squad playing any better....it also a ridiculous notion to say with any certainty that one cheap, untried coach would do any better than another.

I'm not arguing we don't suck, I'm not arguing things can't be done better, or that maybe some of what you say should have already happened. But it hasn't and hanging shit on anyone in any walk of life when we know two fiths of **** all about what is actually going on is ridiculous.

Sack RM - who do replace him with? What businessman would jump at the chance to work for Tinkler while new owners are being looked for....
    Sack Stubbins - see above.... It's easy to say go with an NPL etc level coach - would that have guaranteed better outcomes?
    Publicly dress down the players..... Let the herald run "club in crisis" stories..... Watch the sponsors flee a sinking ship.

We don't know all the facts but let's assume the worst in people.
    That's the newcastle way!
    Last edited by GazFish35; 02-12-2014 at 11:44 PM.

So what you're suggesting Gaz is that we accept the mediocrity of the club? At least they're trying to be competent. At least they're trying, blah blah blah. Fact is, as MFKS said, it's entirely possible to pick up good players on the cheap. You reckon Berisha was on top coin when he first joined Brisbane? Or Flores in Adelaide? Rogic for the coasties? How about Ange when he first joined Roar? Steele? I'm not saying every player would be like that, but 60 players, how many chances does he need. But at least he's trying! If he's looking to cut costs, sign 23 blokes from the NPL on minimum wage!

Plus, look at Middleby's CV as a ceo:
    Fury - folded after 1 year with him as ceo, never made the finals
    Jest - haven't made the finals in 4 years under him, continually under-performing
    Hardly the CV of someone I'd want running a local junior club, let alone a "professional" football club, but at least he's trying!
    Last edited by Thomas477; 02-12-2014 at 11:48 PM.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out