Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Middleby OUT

Middleby seems to be doing well, even though his hands are tied by higher powers. And by that i don't mean Griff.

I had a good chat with him a month or so ago and he seems fairly devastated that he is being slagged out by fans for decisions that are out of his control.
    He totally understands what is required but seems to be limited in his power to change things or make decisions for the good of the club. Sounds like a shit job if you ask me.

Middleby is the greatest CEO in world football.

Hail Griff.

Quote Originally Posted by howardyou View Post
    Middleby seems to be doing well, even though his hands are tied by higher powers. And by that i don't mean Griff.

I had a good chat with him a month or so ago and he seems fairly devastated that he is being slagged out by fans for decisions that are out of his control.
    He totally understands what is required but seems to be limited in his power to change things or make decisions for the good of the club. Sounds like a shit job if you ask me.
    I'm at that point too. The bloke sticks around despite the undoubted crap he's getting from above, hence actually keeping us stable. The club are using him as the fall back guy when stuff goes bad. We're just taking the bait.

It'd be a fine balance to be the middle man for the players agents, the manager, the board and the administration and trying to keep all parties happy.

In saying that, the decisions that keep everyone happy are often not the correct ones.
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 13-01-2014 at 02:34 PM.

Banned

That concerns the shit out of me.

If his hands are tied why the **** would he care what dickheads like me and other people like Plague think of him??

If his hands are tied maybe he needs to explain the situation better to the fans so we don't see him as the bad guy in all this??

That being said he takes the pay cheque and for that he puts himself in the firing line for criticism/praise etc. Maybe that he is concerned about criticism shows that he isn't the man for the job. Maybe a true leader should be committed and unwavering in his approach believing he knows right and will take whatever criticism comes his way until he achieves his goals.

To give GVE some credit he at least does stick pretty loyal to his deluded idealism he has regardless of the criticism he gets

he signed griff

simply the worlds best CEO

close second is johny t.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    If his hands are tied maybe he needs to explain the situation better to the fans so we don't see him as the bad guy in all this??
    And bad mouth his employers in doing so? That would make his position untenable and would be the quickest way out the door. I wouldn't be doing that - jobs in Australian football are hard enough to get.

That being said he takes the pay cheque and for that he puts himself in the firing line for criticism/praise etc.
    I agree. It comes with the territory. I'm criticised in my job because people don't like my decisions but also get praise when something works.

Maybe that he is concerned about criticism shows that he isn't the man for the job. Maybe a true leader should be committed and unwavering in his approach believing he knows right and will take whatever criticism comes his way until he achieves his goals.
    I don't know Member. He is human after all. And it's not like he's come out and said publically he's concerned. He has said it in a private conversation. Howardyou could be making it all up for all we know (not saying you are though, howardyou. Just making a point). We know his goals (i.e. the club's goals) are to make the Top 6. His decisions this year have all been made to reach that target from what I can tell.

To give GVE some credit he at least does stick pretty loyal to his deluded idealism he has regardless of the criticism he gets
    I can accept this. He's pretty much stuck to his guns except for when the club appeared to force his hand late last season with the selection of Taggart, Bridges, etc.

I wonder if Gary is concerned by the public criticism he get too? He's human too and I'd bet he's had a similar conversation with people as Middleby had with howardyou.

Good post mate, btw.

If anyone doesn't think Robbie Middleby should be with the Jerks until retirement or death need only read the below (WARNING: may be NSFW so have changed to white text)

Robbie Middleby is putting Joel Griffiths in an e&c jersey.
    OK

Who's to say his hands weren't tied and the Griff was signed against his will?

Tinks is the only mofo we need to be thankful for (oh and if course Griff).

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    And bad mouth his employers in doing so? That would make his position untenable and would be the quickest way out the door. I wouldn't be doing that - jobs in Australian football are hard enough to get.
    Doesn't have to bad mouth Tinks/Palmer and anyone else involved in HSG. Just needs to be a little more clearer in delivering the message to the fans. Far too many cliches/complete PR Bullshit comes from them. Too many times we are left in the dark as to what the **** is going on and a lot of bullshit speculation could be nipped in the bud by getting the HSG version out there correctly.

The silence poor information just makes him look like the fall guy for incompetence when getting the message out would devoid him and everyone else at HSG of blame

I understand their entitled to spend Tinks money how they see fit and don't have to tell us plebs **** all but a bit more honesty ie we viewed the opportunity and on costs couldn't justify affording it so made a decision not to proceed etc could be used not the usual silence

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Who's to say his hands weren't tied and the Griff was signed against his will?

Tinks is the only mofo we need to be thankful for (oh and if course Griff).
    Agreed.

And I think people are forgetting all those times Middleby DIDN'T sign Griff.
    Middleby out.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

He's CEO ffs. The nuts of his job description is "You're in charge of the club. F*cking run it".

While I'm sure Tinkler has the final say on most (all) things. The clusterf*ck of issues that have presented themselves in Robbie's tenure seem to mostly be those type of decisions that would be made by the CEO, not the owner.

As long as GVE still is employed by the Jets, then Middleby out...

Banned
    Righto.

Having slept poorly on last nights dire display I wonder if Middleby will have the cajones to make a ****ing decision for the benefit of our club and remove the Manager Post haste.

Excuse as to why he can't do it being we have to pay the prick out.

Well by my counts he has 4-6 months of wages due tops. Assuming he is on 200k then that would make 100k tops to sack the **** TODAY.

By my counts we have 10k of ****ing Members and I am pretty certain 99% of them want him gone.

Raise our Memberships all $10 next year and **** the **** off NOW

Either that or we can have a whip round to raise the money.

Righto.

Having slept poorly on last nights dire display I wonder if Middleby will have the cajones to make a ****ing decision for the benefit of our club and remove the Manager Post haste.

Well by my counts he has 4-6 months of wages due tops. Assuming he is on 200k then that would make 100k tops to sack the **** TODAY.

By my counts we have 10k of ****ing Members and I am pretty certain 99% of them want him gone.

Yep enough is enough

I always ask though, who do we get to replace him? It has to be a local coach, coz I can't see Middleby getting a foreigner in.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Righto.

The member makes sense. I'll drop a pineapple to see the prick off to Centrelink.

Pay GVE out for the season, and let Deans run the show for the remainder. All the players seem too afraid to ****ing do anything on the pitch. We've seen several young players go horribly backwards under him… maybe it's better to just give them free reign for the season. Release the shackles, let them enjoy football again, and then they can look forward to a new manager next season. It won't cost us a cent more… if anything it's one less airfare/bus trip they have to pay for every away game.

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    Pay GVE out for the season, and let Deans run the show for the remainder. All the players seem too afraid to ****ing do anything on the pitch. We've seen several young players go horribly backwards under him… maybe it's better to just give them free reign for the season. Release the shackles, let them enjoy football again, and then they can look forward to a new manager next season. It won't cost us a cent more… if anything it's one less airfare/bus trip they have to pay for every away game.
    Only downside with this is that as GVE sat out half time yesterday, then Deans must have been in charge and the second half was still tripe.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Only downside with this is that as GVE sat out half time yesterday, then Deans must have been in charge and the second half was still tripe.
    Second half was an improvement in the first... they actual came out with marginally more energy & intent

Banned
    CRECIT WHERE IT IS DUE THE BLOKE IS ****ING ON THE UP BIG TIME

First Brings Back the Griff
    Second sacks GVE
    Third reads the Foz as he seems to be pilfering ideas from here.

Well Done

Now time to FIRE DEANS
    Deans Out

PS ROBBIE >> More Helpful advice from the Foz

Give Joel Griffiths a job as some type of obscure role as a coach (Helping people pull chicks or something) and pay him a shitload this season so next year you can pay him minimum wage to play and rort the salary cap.
    You know it makes sense

Dear Robbie,

If Griff plays on Sat, you can stay. I said so.

Your potential fan,
    Sanch.