Thread: Help selecting an U16's Girls club

Help selecting an U16's Girls club

Hi all,

I'm seeking advice on selecting a suitable club for my daughter who would like to play in the U/16's Girls competition for 2014. She has previously played several seasons in a mixed competition and is interested in a change. The club she has been playing for appears a little disorganised in particular with the lower grades. They tend to be overlooked.

With the research I have initially conducted and due to where we live, either Adamstown or Merewether appear to be the most suitable options.

I have had dealings with Adamstown previously, but that was long ago. They seemed quite professional at the time. I do not know anything about Mereweather.

So what I'm looking for is some feedback on which organisation people recommend. I tried to find info regarding registration and contact details, however it's very hard to come by.

My daughter isn't anywhere near an elite player or anything like that. This for her is simply a bit of healthy competition that's fun and a way to stay fit during the winter. Previously she was in a squad where she was one of the better players, however as most were novices, they were routinely crushed by their competition. She doesn't mind losing, but would like to at least be in a competitive competition.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Mike

Mike, contact details for Merewether are all on the club web site. www.mufc.asn.au. Look for the girls registrar as your first point of contact.

Last season Merewether fielded 3 U16 Girls teams, one in each grade. They were the only club to do this.

Adamstown have also been very strong in girls football, although their numbers were down a little last season. It is kind of odd that two of the strongest girls football clubs are so close together!

Thank you for the response and help late_to_the_game.

I have contacted both clubs and have been emailed the necessary information. Both seem ideal so I will leave the choice up to my daughter.

Thanks again!

I hope your daughter ended up finding a club she was happy at.