Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NTUA - club support

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    This.

Bitching to the club about atmosphere isn't going to make it happen. If you expect someone else to make the atmosphere, it's never going to happen.
    Not denying this, however the club could be more pro-active about it and clearly support the efforts made and actively encourage it.

I have sat with the squadron in the past but with young kids it isn't the best place to be and that's just a fact, we often join in in the singing where we are, but most around don't.

Any reason you don't move to the southern end in the middle of a GA area if you see that as such an issue? It isn't like you are under cover where you are. What is the benefit of staying in the current bay?

I'm not part of the squadron and don't sit with them so I can't answer that.

Quote Originally Posted by scarfy96 View Post
    Not denying this, however the club could be more pro-active about it and clearly support the efforts made and actively encourage it.

I have sat with the squadron in the past but with young kids it isn't the best place to be and that's just a fact, we often join in in the singing where we are, but most around don't.

Any reason you don't move to the southern end in the middle of a GA area if you see that as such an issue? It isn't like you are under cover where you are. What is the benefit of staying in the current bay?
    Cue the comments about squadron can't move to the hill because its not a fully seated area and all the bullshit that comes with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Moving bays is definately something we cant do at this point in time and the reasons for which have also been repeated many times.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    Moving bays is definately something we cant do at this point in time and the reasons for which have also been repeated many times.
    Out of curiosity what would be the perceived consequences if Bay 2 just decided to rock up and sit on the seats at the southern end and do their thing there??

After all that area is general admission and there is no reason why one can't sit there regardless of where their paid seat is in the ground

Can sit there, but big flags, drums and megas can only be used in active areas.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Out of curiosity what would be the perceived consequences if Bay 2 just decided to rock up and sit on the seats at the southern end and do their thing there??

After all that area is general admission and there is no reason why one can't sit there regardless of where their paid seat is in the ground
    It would probably create tension with the club yeah?
    This thread is about working with the club to make things better not giving them the middle finger innit?

Member, as weird as this'll sound, there are actually some humans out there in society who don't see the benefit in being antagonistic every minute of every day for their whole ****ing lives.

Ok I kind of know the answer to this already but in the interests of open discussion and (copyright Julia Gillard) "moving forward", why doesn't the "new-car-sell" chant get a run?
    It seems that's one even Captain Obvious would know and maybe it's a starting point to get the majority involved.

Thoughts?

New car smell. Comes in a can.

That was killed off years ago because its seen as a Knights chant. And its specifically the reason why the "come on newcastle" and "
    (clap) Jets" chants were created, and which most in the ground seem to join in on now.

it's happened before, i distinctly remember it from time to time

SD will back me up

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    That was killed off years ago because its seen as a Knights chant. And its specifically the reason why the "come on newcastle" and "
    (clap) Jets" chants were created, and which most in the ground seem to join in on now.
    Yeah I see your point. But really, aren't most chants someone else's in some form or another (melody etc). Isn't that 'who do you sing for' one a knock off as well?
    Why not just steal it and make it a 'Newcastle' chant rather than a 'Knights' chant? (this idea inspired by U2, The Beatles and Charles Manson).
    My point: do you guys need to 'dumb it down' a little in order to try and be more inclusive of the majority of game day fans who, lets face it, include a lot of Knights fans?

Disclaimer: I'm only discussing this as a topic, not telling y'all how to run your show. the only noise i make on gameday is to squeal like a little girl when Griff scores or hurl abuse at Mark Bridge and his shit ankles.

I would rather we didn't do it.

If for no other reason than the knights made it really hard for Con's Jets back in the day.

We need to do whatever works.

Most jets supporters weren't born when the knights shafted sokkah.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fish View Post
    We need to do whatever works.

Most jets supporters weren't born when the knights shafted sokkah.
    Well said.

People want others to get involved vocally and then won't use something that will get the majority of the people you are trying to get involved vocally actually vocally involved.

INSANITY

The shafting should be passed from father to son. The day Con's license was taken should be a novocastrian day of mourning and protest against the enemy.

On a lighter topic. If we were to ask the club for anything it should be how to get 5000 Jets fans to gosford for the away F3 derby's this year.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Well said.

People want others to get involved vocally and then won't use something that will get the majority of the people you are trying to get involved vocally actually vocally involved.

INSANITY
    Spot on. The other thing is the number of chants. The more you have, the more people have to learn.

WSW showed what a few simple ideas (ripped off or otherwise) can achieve. Start simple, suck people in and build on it.

In one breath it's be like WSW, in the other it is adopt and English style of support.

I don't get it.

Marketers say people don't know what they want. Maybe they are right

On this not let's sing "oH when the jets" at every chance. Between that and New car smell we will be the envy of every other active support group!
    Last edited by Blackmac79; 13-08-2013 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    Spot on. The other thing is the number of chants. The more you have, the more people have to learn.

WSW showed what a few simple ideas (ripped off or otherwise) can achieve. Start simple, suck people in and build on it.
    We have a number of very simple chants.
    On the larger games in the past few seasons we stuck with repeating these simple chants to engage the crowd, and then we cop criticism that we are boring and people are sick of the same old chants.
    So half of the criticisers want more chants cause we are boring, the other half want the same simple chants because they engage the crowd more.
    Do people understand now the issues we have had trying to please everyone? It gets to a point where you just have to take a path and stick to it, and then you get accused of not engaging with the rest of the supporters and being a closed shop.

Furns. The diplomatic me.