Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: NTUA - club support

Quote Originally Posted by scarfy96 View Post
    Yes I agree with that but I would say that when a group of people start singing others tend to join in around them but few people want to be the "first". That is where kids are great because by and large they don't care, adults however tend to look around and if no-one else is singing they want don't want to be the first.

If you are a block away from a few that are thinking of joining in but are too embarrassed to be the first they wont (unless others around them do). That is why I thought seeding into the GA area at the start of the season may be good. That way people who want to join in will in time migrate to near to you, those that don't will migrate away (over a few games). Those in the stands can't move so you are relying on being around a group that want to join in.

Since the western stand is full of Silver and Gold members who have paid more I suspect you are less likely to get lucky there. Any seating I would target the GA area and the southern hill because at least in that area chances are they have had a couple of beers as well!
    Well go for it! Start a group and try and make it happen. That's the sort of passion I had 8 seasons ago so I know where you are coming from.

Worst that can happen is that you end up singing by yourselves, so nothing to lose really.

Quote Originally Posted by hausmann View Post
    I really think the Jets crowd is a pretty educated one. If the club is dishing up shit, they don't give you anything. When they see good play, they do show their appreciation for it. They also boo and groan at the passing around the backs rubbish. When there is energy on the field, there is energy in the stands. And that is the way it should be. The players shouldn't wait until the fans give them a lift before they start to play well. The problem is the way the team has been playing in the last couple of years. Fix that up and you won't have to worry about atmosphere.
    Its more important to be active when the game is bad, ya dont have to watch the rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    My mates and I are seated in Bay 58. We sing religiously every home game. Unforunately nobody has taken up with us so far. Scarves are up and we sing loudly.Hopefully this season a few more people will join us. However we won't be stopping if they don't
    Once we get to a critical mass it will take off. We need to stick with it and one by one they will join in.
    Initiatives suggested above certainly can't hurt. Printing off the words, showing them on the screen, giving it it's own air time all will build momentum.
    Giving it a go again this season?

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Giving it a go again this season?

Without a doubt Hawk.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Without a doubt Hawk.
    As promised, I sang NTUA yesterday. I was the only one in my bay and the surrounding area to do so. People were looking at me weird, laughing at me but I don't care. Traditions all start somewhere!

Good work from the club putting the words up. No excuse for not singing!

Getting my voice ready for the gypos game