Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ucl 2013-2014

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    The you have Messi who is universally loved because he plays for Barca and has a reputation for being "humble". Because of this, people tend to overlook his bad sportsmanship and petulance - which is rampart throughout that Barca side.
    hehehe
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    hehehe
    ops:
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

It's because Ronaldo used to play for Man Utd and now he plays for Real Madrid. Probably the two most hated clubs on the planet. He also used to dive a lot as a kid and he's never really lived that down in many quarters.

I can totally understand the hate. He can be petulant and arrogant on the field and clearly plays for himself rather than the team at times. On the other hand there is way more to admire about the player and the man himself. He is genuinely at the peak of sport and that's because he has worked incredibly hard to get there. No one in world football works as hard as this guy does and he is reaping the rewards for that. Off the field he's supposed to be a really popular guy in the dressing room and he always presents himself impeccably in interviews and the like.

The you have Messi who is universally loved because he plays for Barca and has a reputation for being "humble". Because of this, people tend to overlook his bad sportsmanship and petulance - which is rampant throughout that Barca side.

The thing I find hard to take is when you have pundits and journalists who spew the same shit you'd hear from your average fan down the street when it comes to these two. I think a lot of people have been brainwashed into thinking a certain way about Ronaldo and Messi respectively.

For me, they're two different players but I'd take Ronaldo any day of the week. We are lucky to live in a time where we can see both of these guys play because one day they'll go down as all time greats.
    Well said porksey. Great post
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Well said porksey. Great post
    Yeah, agree.
    Think Real will win it.

Just checked the stats and Ronaldo is already Real's 4th top scorer of all time.

Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

i actually have followed atleti ever since the torres days and it's great to see them at the top table once again. over the last few seasons they've really built themselves up to be a formidable side. about 3-4 years ago they'd do reasonably well on the back of players like aguero, forlan, diego etc. now they are a legit unit with few weak spots.

i'm torn about the final as i've never really had a hatred of real madrid and i would love to see ronaldo win it again.
    this surprises me. carrrrrn Atletico

He also used to dive a lot as a kid and he's never really lived that down in many quarters.

I can totally understand the hate. He can be petulant and arrogant on the field and clearly plays for himself rather than the team at times. On the other hand there is way more to admire about the player and the man himself. He is genuinely at the peak of sport and that's because he has worked incredibly hard to get there. No one in world football works as hard as this guy does and he is reaping the rewards of that. Off the field he's supposed to be a really popular guy in the dressing room and he always presents himself impeccably in interviews and the like.

Then you have Messi who is universally loved because he plays for Barca and has a reputation for being "humble". Because of this, people tend to overlook his bad sportsmanship and petulance - which is rampant throughout that Barca side.

The thing I find hard to take is when you have pundits and journalists who spew the same shit you'd hear from your average fan down the street when it comes to these two. I think a lot of people have been brainwashed into thinking a certain way about Ronaldo and Messi respectively.

For me, they're two different players but I'd take Ronaldo any day of the week. We are lucky to live in a time where we can see both of these guys play because one day they'll go down as all time greats.
    messi has always had better feet in specially amongst several defenders, vision and his work in the box is superior. Ronny has step overs, pace and can smash a ball harder. The popular fan and the pundits have often got it right. Maybe ignorance is were ronny lovers differ. On a personal note im guessing Messi probably has his arrogance at times but Ronny self love is sickening.

having better close control does not make one a better footballer than the other.

messi might be able to play a few one-twos in an around the box better than ronaldo can, but he sure as shit can't fly onto a cross the same way ronaldo can.

they're different players.

Messi is a team player, Ronny is always out for number 1.
    Either way, I have always hated CR. And always will. Because he is a pretty-boy prima donna.

Both have strengths and weaknesses obvs but I have always preferred Messi in the "who is better" argument
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    Either way, I have always hated CR. And always will. Because he is a pretty-boy prima donna.

Both have strengths and weaknesses obvs but I have always preferred Messi in the "who is better" argument
    Except that Iniesta is a better all round player than both of them (IMHO).
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post

and here-in lies the problem

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Hi Guys;
    Just letting you know I've got a (hardly worn) Man City and a (as new) Dortmund shirt for sale.
    Size M.
    Will take offers.

FWIW, massive Athletico fan, dream come true this morning. This makes all the lean years worth it.
    Hi m8

I would like to enquire about the Man City shirt.

Is it cool if you put it on hold for me until the 13th of May? Will know if I want to buy it or not after the last EPL fixture.

Cheers
    Foreverafan
    Hi m8

After this mornings result it's looking pretty certain that I'll be keen to buy that City jersey off you. I'll let you know.

Cheers
    Foreverafan
    OK

Hi m8

After this mornings result it's looking pretty certain that I'll be keen to buy that City jersey off you. I'll let you know.

Cheers
    Foreverafan
    Silly me, I just forgot how much of a massive Citeh fan I am. Selling this shirt would be like giving up a child.
    I can't do it.

http://m.foxsports.com.au/football/p...-1226907968184

PSG and City FFP fines and suspensions, nothing confirmed until Friday but the article is a nice read.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Silly me, I just forgot how much of a massive Citeh fan I am. Selling this shirt would be like giving up a child.
    I can't do it.
    Plz I NEED this jersey. City 4eva!!
    OK

Plz I NEED this jersey. City 4eva!!
    Sorry pal.
    True Citeh fans like me would never sell our colours.

except to heart.

you guys have paid millions to have them wear your colours

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    except to heart.

you guys have paid millions to have them wear your colours
    Bhah, blue, red, what's the difference?

/cardiff'd