View Poll Results: Who do you want as the next Socceroos Coach?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Guus Hiddink

7 21.21%
  • Marcelo Bielsa

3 9.09%
  • Tony Popovic

0 0%
  • Graham Arnold

1 3.03%
  • Ange Postecoglu

9 27.27%
  • Frank Rijkaard

0 0%
  • GVE (so we can get rid of him)

3 9.09%
  • Slobs

10 30.30%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Socceroos Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Wow we are desperate!!!

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/sport/foot...-1226738932919

Local foz member inline for the top job and its not Slobs
    I told everybody I know my shit but no way would I even want the sinking ship that this football system currently is.

MFKS loves the current development system but I couldn't agree more with this article. Piss off the dutch system, find a system that fits in with our style and tweek it a little with the best of the different styles from around the world and GET RID OF THE OLD FARTS WHO ARE TO SLOW!!!!!

Hiddink, Bielsa, Zico, Di Matteo - if we were to get any of these guys currently being touted it'd be several levels above the last appointments.
    Last edited by militiamon; 13-10-2013 at 03:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Easiest poll ever to vote on.
    good luck Slobs.

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    Bielsa /discussion
    yes all the way of we can get him

It's a pretty good gig when you think about it.

You get to manage a nation at the world cup that realistically has little to no expectations, also getting paid a shit-tonne.

Whoever comes in has such short notice and such a basket case they're inheriting, they're not really risking anything by taking the job.

Marcelo Alberto Bielsa Caldera nicknamed Loco Bielsa [ˈloko ˈβjelsa], English: Madman Bielsa; born 21 July 1955) is an Argentine football coach and former defender. Bielsa has managed football clubs and also the national teams of Argentina and Chile. In Chile, he achieved cult status due to the improved results of the national team under his leadership. His personality and gestures have in Chile captured the attention of media and unleashed a series of minor controversies both in the area of sports and politics.
    If Mayfield wont release slobs>Marchello>Posta even tho he did coach the ollyroos to -5pts over 8 years

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    I told everybody I know my shit but no way would I even want the sinking ship that this football system currently is.

MFKS loves the current development system but I couldn't agree more with this article. Piss off the dutch system, find a system that fits in with our style and tweek it a little with the best of the different styles from around the world and GET RID OF THE OLD FARTS WHO ARE TO SLOW!!!!!
    Bit confused Zico.

Either you are trolling or a complete Dumb ****.

I think you will find I am critical of the current development system. I am a big believer in the Youth Development ideology though. What we see at present isn't enough. Sure the FFA have made some progress but they have not gone far enough and many things they have done should have been done earlier or differently

That also being said these results have been coming and will continue to come until we make some sweeping changes. Unfortunately a hell of a lot of money is being frittered away by the FFA and the HAL Clubs and not going to Youth development which to me should be getting a large percentage of revenue plonked on it not the lip service it has been getting since the pond was drained in 2004

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Bit confused Zico.

Either you are trolling or a complete Dumb ****.

I think you will find I am critical of the current development system. I am a big believer in the Youth Development ideology though. What we see at present isn't enough. Sure the FFA have made some progress but they have not gone far enough and many things they have done should have been done earlier or differently

That also being said these results have been coming and will continue to come until we make some sweeping changes. Unfortunately a hell of a lot of money is being frittered away by the FFA and the HAL Clubs and not going to Youth development which to me should be getting a large percentage of revenue plonked on it not the lip service it has been getting since the pond was drained in 2004
    I love fishing when you are around

I've been pondering ove rthe weekend who will take the role. I think we will appoint a person short term for the world cup only and replace them after that.

A lot of people in the media have been talking about Ange, among others, as the next coach. I'm torn because I think he would do well with the team. But realistically he gets them for a week or two every couple of months. Do we want to lose Ange, Arnie, or Poppa from their daily exposure to the A-League, teaching the next gen of socceroos? Is a position as an A-League coach tenable while also having the committment of the Australian position?

It all depends on the approach teh FFA take - coach just for world cup? Coach for world cup with option for longer period dependant on results? Next coach with view to future, regardless of results at the world cup?

Not tryign to make any point, just writing down my current thought process.

I just finished reading a article that quoted gallop saying their looking for someone to see us threw the World Cup and build for the Asian Cup. The article focused on the Asian Cup being the reason Osiek was sacked as continued poor results would result in little interest in the Asian Cup, where the FFA need to make $14m on ticket sales and they expect the National side to get over half that figure. Also that the FFA are looking for new naming rights to the National team something they value to be $5m and poor performances will see that figure drop.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Who I expect them to sign: Di Matteo till the end of the Asian Cup

Who I want them to sign: Ange until the end of Russia 2018.

IMO we need to invest in a national system, and actually employ said system. We need someone willing to promote youth, and transform an entire style of play. And we need to invest 4+ years on whoever we bring in, to give them a proper chance of implementing said system. Ange is the man for this.

The way we were heading we were never going to get good results in Brazil anyway, so short term results should not matter one bit.
    OK

Ange made a great case on Offsiders yesterday that it should be the best bloke, not the fact he's Aussie.
    He also said that he's not interested in the short term gig and that if he was given a mandate to qualify for Russia '18 then that's the way to go.
    I love him and hope that happens but the Double-eff-aye are second only to the Jets in cocking these things up.

a mandate to qualify for Russia '18 then that's the way to go.
    this.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Who I expect them to sign: Di Matteo till the end of the Asian Cup

Who I want them to sign: Ange until the end of Russia 2018.

IMO we need to invest in a national system, and actually employ said system. We need someone willing to promote youth, and transform an entire style of play. And we need to invest 4+ years on whoever we bring in, to give them a proper chance of implementing said system. Ange is the man for this.

The way we were heading we were never going to get good results in Brazil anyway, so short term results should not matter one bit.
    Systems you say, given years to achieve results & you want youth..... I got just the bloke for you..

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Ange made a great case on Offsiders yesterday that it should be the best bloke, not the fact he's Aussie.
    He also said that he's not interested in the short term gig and that if he was given a mandate to qualify for Russia '18 then that's the way to go.
    I love him and hope that happens but the Double-eff-aye are second only to the Jets in cocking these things up.
    Yes I saw that too, he did not look too convincing when he made that point. To me it looked as, it was something you say, when you don't really believe in what you are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by De-Champ View Post
    Yes I saw that too, he did not look too convincing when he made that point. To me it looked as, it was something you say, when you don't really believe in what you are saying.
    I'll politely disagree if only for the fact that he won't be taking on a job again unless it's on his terms. He's been burned before (Nat Youth level) and is in too much of a position of power locally to go through that again.
    Expect a revolution from day 1 if he gets the gig though.

jog of the memory
    http://www.sackarnold.com/

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    I love fishing when you are around
    You were trolling were you??

I just thought you were a dumb **** making remarks like that when I had already posted earlier in this thread bemoaning the lack of prior youth development.

Next time you want to troll someone actually have an idea what you are doing. Subtle works well blatant not so well and actually having a ****ing idea what you are talking about helps.

Your efforts of trolling just make me thing you are even dumber than I already believed you were

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    jog of the memory
    http://www.sackarnold.com/
    Oh don't worry there Mr Hawk, Gypo Arnie has been all over the press telling everyone that it was the fact he was only ever an 'interim' coach that he had 'no power over the players' in his tenure, hence his failure.
    Said that if he gets the gig this time shit will be different.

Which is weird cause I swear Hiddink was only 'interim' as well and did ok.

It has to be an experienced name to come in and clean up the mess before the WC, and also regain some cred. This should only be until after the WC is over.

Then a new coach should come in and be given till Russia, the guy who can instill his own culture, build a dynasty and become Australia's greatest coach is Ange. He takes a season to get rid of the dead wood then improvement from season 2 - see how MV go this season. Brisbane was a team transformed in season 2.

Plus I will always rate Ange's halftime rant in Perth - that was needed in Paris !

Poppa isn't ready after one season and although Arnie is the only one sounding like he covets the job, he has had one chance and stuffed it....might as well give Farina another chance.