View Poll Results: Who do you want as the next Socceroos Coach?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Guus Hiddink

7 21.21%
  • Marcelo Bielsa

3 9.09%
  • Tony Popovic

0 0%
  • Graham Arnold

1 3.03%
  • Ange Postecoglu

9 27.27%
  • Frank Rijkaard

0 0%
  • GVE (so we can get rid of him)

3 9.09%
  • Slobs

10 30.30%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Next Socceroos Coach

Surely the only Aussie that's close to it is Ange?

I'm with Jetmaster, best possible outcome would be Gus coming in short term to try and make SOME kind of difference before the world cup, after that appoint Ange long term giving him power to influence Australian football from the top.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    You were trolling were you??

I just thought you were a dumb **** making remarks like that when I had already posted earlier in this thread bemoaning the lack of prior youth development.

Next time you want to troll someone actually have an idea what you are doing. Subtle works well blatant not so well and actually having a ****ing idea what you are talking about helps.

Your efforts of trolling just make me thing you are even dumber than I already believed you were
    Keep taking the bait MFKS. Your making this site even more enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Pico View Post
    Systems you say, given years to achieve results & you want youth..... I got just the bloke for you..

I should have said a system that works
    OK

Bosnich wants FFA to get Sir Alex
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

It won't be Bruno Metsu because he sadly passed away today. He could have been a great option for Socceroos.....#RIPBruno #GreatCoach #KingOfSenegal

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    It has to be an experienced name to come in and clean up the mess before the WC, and also regain some cred. This should only be until after the WC is over.

Then a new coach should come in and be given till Russia, the guy who can instill his own culture, build a dynasty and become Australia's greatest coach is Ange.
    Ange made a great point on this, he said if the new bloke is good enough for after the World Cup, why isnt he good enough to take the current team to Brazil?
    Hard times are going to come one way or another. By choosing the short term option the Double-Eff-Aye are already saying that hes good but not quite good enough.
    Ange didnt sound interested in this approach and i tend to agree with him.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Keep taking the bait MFKS. Your making this site even more enjoyable.
    My perception on your levels of intelligence just keeps going down everytime you post

Just saw this
    FOX SPORTS News @FOXSportsNews
    FFA chairman Frank Lowy confirms that the new @Socceroos coach WILL be an Australian, if their club agrees #football #ALeague

Yes, Uncle Frank just confirmed it was down to Ange, Poppa and the Gypo.

Decision was already ruled unconstitutional due to no slobs option.

It will be Ange if he wants it.
    Otherwise its Arnie.
    Poppa has been a head coach for one season ffs its too early
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

pffft.

its Kosmina, nailed on cert.

Although not a fan of his body language, general demeanor or coaching style, I will give props to Vidmar today for making some adjustments at halftime.
    Team played way better after the break.

Still a pissant though.

If it is Ange, Arnie or Poppa, then I think they need to continue coaching in the A-League as well if it is possible.

I know it isn't regularly done, but we want them to continue coaching day-to-day implementing their system across their respective team and the league as well. Help's keep their coaching techniques developing and maturing instead of getting 2 week exposure every couple of months.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    If it is Ange, Arnie or Poppa, then I think they need to continue coaching in the A-League as well if it is possible.

I know it isn't regularly done, but we want them to continue coaching day-to-day implementing their system across their respective team and the league as well. Help's keep their coaching techniques developing and maturing instead of getting 2 week exposure every couple of months.
    no. they need as much time as they can to watch foreign talent as well as A-League players to see who's good enough and fits their system

I think the national team is in too much of a mess to have a part time coach.

This is why I think we aren't ready for an Aussie coach just yet as they ideally need to focus solely on the national team, something Ange, Popovic or Arnold can't do at the moment

Get Hiddink back for the world cup, then decide whether we want to give one of those 3 a chance or keep Hiddink on. Or really, decide between Hiddink and Ange

Clearly that isn't going to happen though. Is going for an Aussie coach coming back to a money issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Is going for an Aussie coach coming back to a money issue?
    It shouldn't be. Nations get paid a massive amount of 'prize money' for qualifying for the WC. As in, around $20mil AUD for qualifying for the WC. And this amount goes up the higher position you make at the finals themselves.

You understand you need to break that sum into various costs and stuff (there's so many things you could break that money up into), but one of said costs is definately for the coach.

We're one of 32 countries in the entire world who has just gotten paid millions of dollars for winning a few games. Cost-cutting for a coach should simply not be an idea.

Although, after saying all that, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if it has crossed FFAs minds.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    It shouldn't be. Nations get paid a massive amount of 'prize money' for qualifying for the WC. As in, around $20mil AUD for qualifying for the WC. And this amount goes up the higher position you make at the finals themselves.

You understand you need to break that sum into various costs and stuff (there's so many things you could break that money up into), but one of said costs is definately for the coach.

We're one of 32 countries in the entire world who has just gotten paid millions of dollars for winning a few games. Cost-cutting for a coach should simply not be an idea.

Although, after saying all that, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if it has crossed FFAs minds.
    We are also one nation who just qualified for the WC then sacked a coach with a reported iron clad contract, on $1.5m a year, if the press are to be believed. Once Holger gets his compo from the FFA, hiring a cut price manager might look mighty appealing.

I still think with the rumours that they want them to be more hands on over the entire national teams and to work hand in hand with the national TD, Bielsa would be a good option, sure it will cost more, but he'll bring new ideas, has worked with young national teams and his teams have had a good attacking style that the FFA & Fans are likely to want. Too soon for any of the HAL managers I think, ideally I'd like to see some of them step up to coaching OS at decent leagues first, starting with the tactical systematic genius that is GVE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pico View Post
    I made it into someone's signature!!!!!!!