Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013-14 State League player movements

seems lambton would have had to sign a few new sponsors to cover their new signings

Dont think they need sponsors,but will need some creative arithmetic to fit everyone under 250 points.
    Ireland 10
    Smart 10
    Pero. 10
    Wilkes 10
    Sessions 12
    Jobe 14
    Macca 24
    Palozi 18
    Remington 18
    Dino 18
    Maj 16
    Dennis faj 20

That's 180 points,so leaves 70 points for last 8 players. It could be a squeeze

Quote Originally Posted by wannabe View Post
    Dont think they need sponsors,but will need some creative arithmetic to fit everyone under 250 points.
    Ireland 10
    Smart 10
    Pero. 10
    Wilkes 10
    Sessions 12
    Jobe 14
    Macca 24
    Palozi 18
    Remington 18
    Dino 18
    Maj 16
    Dennis faj 20

how is maj only 16 he went there last year, dont you need to add points for not being there for at least 5 seasons.
    as well as pero

Quote Originally Posted by cobra23 View Post
    how is maj only 16 he went there last year, dont you need to add points for not being there for at least 5 seasons.
    as well as pero
    No cobra,it is only if you change clubs. So maj is already a jaffas player so that is 10 points plus an extra 6 points for being 31 (6 years over the 25 yr old limit). Pero already at jaffas so only worth 10

Ireland 10
    Smart 10
    Pero. 10
    Wilkes 10
    Sessions 12
    Jobe 14
    Macca 24
    Palozi 18
    Remington 18
    Dino 18
    Maj 16
    Dennis faj 20

Kev Davidson - 18

So thats 52 points for 7 players.... do you have to fill the player alotment or can they spend more on players and be under, praying for no injuries to get through the year??

must nominate all 20 players one month out from the start of season

So they are in a bit of bother then...

Jeez I love the talk of Lambton being in bother, when both Edgy and Lakes were closer to the 350pt mark than the 250pt limit.

Seems Lambton's hit a nerve.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Lakes should be sweet...only got 10 players
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post

Hey guys,

I heard Simon Mooney is injured for the whole season already poor bugger. And he has gone to Olympic. I wonder who Olympic will be replacing him with? They need some attacking power after Hodgo retiring. Mooney would have been perfect.

Anyone got any news?

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    Yeah but from what I saw of their game against Charlestown last seasonthey were all their youth players.

Quote Originally Posted by freddie View Post
    Hey guys,

I heard Simon Mooney is injured for the whole season already poor bugger. And he has gone to Olympic. I wonder who Olympic will be replacing him with? They need some attacking power after Hodgo retiring. Mooney would have been perfect.

Anyone got any news?
    Have signed James monie and hodgo is back for one last season from what I hear

Have signed James monie and hodgo is back for one last season from what I hear
    Well that kind of makes up the loss. Though poor mooney being injured before even a pre-season run, that is terrible. I hope for a fast recovery for him.

suprised that if a club signs a player from a lower division, say ID2, and is named in your clubs top 20, that player also has 8 points added for being a switching player, I can understand it being for players switching between NBN clubs but some leniency should be shown towards lower division players who maybe trying to improve their football or suddenly have the time to dedicate to the top grade, i can see a few grey areas will pop up with the player points system that NNSWF will probably have know answer for.

Agree with you FR (god help me). Maybe if they haven't played in the NBN league before, they don't have to to attract the switching player penalty, whereas if someone like, Abe goes to Maitland, then returns to a NBN team (assuming Maitland don't get promoted) they should attract the penalty.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Agreed, but also understand it. There are some QUALITY guys playing even as "low" as id2. I guess regardless of where they came from, they're a bring-in

If they've played at the club before, or are a local, will that atteact less points?
    OK

It's a can of worms this points system and clubs will struggle with it.
    My mate MFKS will still bat off over it and say its a great thing for the game but he would have a different view of the system if he was anything but a State League hater.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    It's a can of worms this points system and clubs will struggle with it.
    My mate MFKS will still bat off over it and say its a great thing for the game but he would have a different view of the system if he was anything but a State League hater.
    Ohhh Zico.

Once again proving you have NFI. Seriously couldn't give two ****s about this system. All i see is people throwing up minor what would happen if scenarios.

Seriously how many NBN clubs are gonna be signing ID2 talent??? Not many if at all. FFS

FFS The system is in place deal with it. The first clubs who manage to work the system the best will see their clubs be successful and the clubs who don't play it well will drop down a few rungs