Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013-14 State League player movements

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Ohhh Zico.

Once again proving you have NFI. Seriously couldn't give two ****s about this system. All i see is people throwing up minor what would happen if scenarios.

Seriously how many NBN clubs are gonna be signing ID2 talent??? Not many if at all. FFS

FFS The system is in place deal with it. The first clubs who manage to work the system the best will see their clubs be successful and the clubs who don't play it well will drop down a few rungs
    I love going fishing with the Member.
    My first comment was a general comment and not regarding the players stepping up from ID's to NPL. I'm all for junior development and bringing the best through to the top level but i also feel there are better ways than this system to do this.

Seriously how many NBN clubs are gonna be signing ID2 talent??? Not many if at all. FFS
    You seriously have no clue. While the overall quality of the ID comps is not as good as NBN & NEWFM, there are so many players who are genuinely up to playing NBN 1sts or reserves that are currently playing in the IDs comps. The system just DOES NOT work how you see it does.

FWIW off the top of my head I can count 7 guys at Westlakes alone (I bring up Westlakes because its a club I know well. Also note this number probably will change in future) that have played at the least NBN reserve grade (and/or 23s) - and only one of them is over the age of 25 (edit: sorry, two), and all of which went to ID2s to play locally, with friends, and because they were over politics/etc in the top league. I have no interest in this becoming a slinging match involving Westlakes - I just wanted to use them as reference. If Westlakes alone can boast at least half a dozen "NBN-capable" players, what do you think the numbers would be for the rest of ID2s, and ID3s, and ID1s & ZPL?
    Last edited by pv4; 20-11-2013 at 12:58 PM.
    OK

I hadnt heard anything about hodgo coming out of retirement, but i did hear that they were trying to chase Connor Evens (who i believe was trialing with bonnyrigg), Bren Hammel and Bray Smith

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You seriously have no clue. While the overall quality of the ID comps is not as good as NBN & NEWFM, there are so many players who are genuinely up to playing NBN 1sts or reserves that are currently playing in the IDs comps. The system just DOES NOT work how you see it does.

FWIW off the top of my head I can count 7 guys at Westlakes alone (I bring up Westlakes because its a club I know well. Also note this number probably will change in future) that have played at the least NBN reserve grade (and/or 23s) - and only one of them is over the age of 25 (edit: sorry, two), and all of which went to ID2s to play locally, with friends, and because they were over politics/etc in the top league. I have no interest in this becoming a slinging match involving Westlakes - I just wanted to use them as reference. If Westlakes alone can boast at least half a dozen "NBN-capable" players, what do you think the numbers would be for the rest of ID2s, and ID3s, and ID1s & ZPL?
    there isnt a single player from this past ID2s comp who is even close to playing 1st grade nbn, ZPL tops! You have accept the fact the the standard at west lakes is fairly low.

Quote Originally Posted by LINGERA View Post
    there isnt a single player from this past ID2s comp who is even close to playing 1st grade nbn, ZPL tops! You have accept the fact the the standard at west lakes is fairly low.
    Ffs I was using westlakes as an eg for a more broad concept and said not to make it a westlakes slinging match. Get over yourself. And fwiw I'd back a few of those 7 or so to make the top 20 of some nbn squads
    OK

agreed with Pv4.. not just at westlakes but a few other teams. the individual capability is there. Very true of a whole area of players who no longer could fit in the Under 23s comp. and couldn't crack the first grade team due to a very good golden era so to speak.. (also politics also on top of the list and work commitments).

It will be interesting how this system works, but could help the quality long term if people didn't look so Snobbish from there Pedestal down on other leagues.. For NBN to grow and get better the entire system needs to improve. End of Story.

Interesting to see how this works from this side of the world.
    Amigos Aarau

Quote Originally Posted by LINGERA View Post
    Admittedly I don't know much about NBN league, never have and never will play at anywhere near that level of football, however i have had the opportunity playing with ex NBN players in ID2. Just off the top of my head I could name a few players that I think could play at that level. there are also a number of juniors that have the potential if they wanted to seek the opportunity to progress, although I think they don't.

Hamilton for example have a few quality players that I believe would easily make the top 20 top NBN or Newfm (see the waterboy doesn't only post negative) and they finished 6/9 this year (i think). If anyone disagrees with that statement they have rocks in their head.

I can see where The Honourable Member is coming from. A lot of those players in the Zone leagues are probably older blokes who just want to enjoy their football or young blokes that didn't make the cut in NBN. Either way, they probably won't be returning to play NBN any time soon.

I played with a bloke who played state league in Brisbane, while playing in HCCF Div 5, so they are out there.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    I can see where The Honourable Member is coming from. A lot of those players in the Zone leagues are probably older blokes who just want to enjoy their football or young blokes that didn't make the cut in NBN. Either way, they probably won't be returning to play NBN any time soon.

I played with a bloke who played state league in Brisbane, while playing in HCCF Div 5, so they are out there.
    Like I was trying to say.. I just think MFKFC's views are overly naive and perhaps not right.

The most obvious example to argue against his views that most or all nbn clubs wouldn't touch an ids player is the fact that FR is saying he knows of plans for that exact scenario to happen.
    OK

Banned
    Like I was trying to say.. I just think MFKFC's views are overly naive and perhaps not right.

The most obvious example to argue against his views that most or all nbn clubs wouldn't touch an ids player is the fact that FR is saying he knows of plans for that exact scenario to happen.
    Whether the talent in the ID2's is there to play NBN as you claim is completely irrelevant.

Facts are NBN clubs may sign the occasional player from this level on very rare occasions. Reality is they shop elsewhere for talent.

Why you blokes are carrying on with the points system over minor/obscure/rare what if scenarios is baffling. Do you have the same carry on over whether to cross the street, taking the Bus, having a slice of day old bread etc etc

Reality is if clubs are signing a host of ID2 talent the committee/coaching department of the NBN club in question needs shooting for their failures at developing their own players/juniors or their inability to sign talent from elsewhere. If they think an ID2 player is what thy need at their club then they should pay the price for signing this bloke and not moan about it.

Politics stopping ID players playing NBN...ffs...I've heard it all now
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Correct

Whether the talent in the ID2's is there to play NBN as you claim is completely irrelevant.

Facts are NBN clubs may sign the occasional player from this level on very rare occasions. Reality is they shop elsewhere for talent.

Why you blokes are carrying on with the points system over minor/obscure/rare what if scenarios is baffling. Do you have the same carry on over whether to cross the street, taking the Bus, having a slice of day old bread etc etc

Reality is if clubs are signing a host of ID2 talent the committee/coaching department of the NBN club in question needs shooting for their failures at developing their own players/juniors or their inability to sign talent from elsewhere. If they think an ID2 player is what thy need at their club then they should pay the price for signing this bloke and not moan about it.
    What about Hamilton Olympic & CCB, who have teams in both NBN and ID2? What are your views on a "B-team" - is that considered developing their own players? (Note: I'm aware CCB in ID2 are setup more like Charlestown, whereas the NBN club are considered more Azzuri)

I reckon ID players should not incur extra points. It might give NBN/NEWFM clubs more incentive to actively scout players from these leagues (and there are some QUALITY players in these leagues, of varying ages), and might go some way to improving the leagues (and thus the system overall). It may also see every NBN/NEWFM team put in a B-Team into the IDs comps, and strengthen the comps further.
    OK

Ffs I was using westlakes as an eg for a more broad concept and said not to make it a westlakes slinging match. Get over yourself. And fwiw I'd back a few of those 7 or so to make the top 20 of some nbn squads
    gobsmacked

If they think an ID2 player is what thy need at their club then they should pay the price for signing this bloke and not moan about it.
    And this is the point of the penalty....... it is to gives the NBN clubs an incentive to develop and retain the higher grade players.

Where an external player is drawn from is not relevant, the fact the club has decided to go outside it own development system is what is being penalised, not the actual player or the grade he played previously.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by curious_fan View Post
    And this is the point of the penalty....... it is to gives the NBN clubs an incentive to develop and retain the higher grade players.

Where an external player is drawn from is not relevant, the fact the club has decided to go outside it own development system is what is being penalised, not the actual player or the grade he played previously.
    Hit the nail on the ****ing head and rammed it in.

The new system is to encourage clubs to develop their own players from kids right through the grades at a much better standard and frequency than is currently being done.

If an NBN club is failing to do this and feels the need to recruit the pile of would be superstars that roam the ID2's as PV4 claims to fill their ranks then they deserve to be getting arse raped on the points system

I think the points system is a very poor idea with no real research into whether it will work or not.
    It is about developing young players and encouraging them to stay at one club the faults with this are:

The 'bigger' clubs are more likely to attract better youth players leaving the 'smaller' clubs with the less talented players.

If a talented player stays at a smaller club a lower standard of players and coaches they will either not progress or leave which defeats the point of system.

It also will bring the standard of the NBN league down a level older players who still have a lot to offer will be penalised ie cost to many points and will not be signed.

If players over 25 from Sydney or even abroad move to Newcastle they are less likely to be signed by a club because they will cost to many points. This may stop people playing the game they love and striving to progress (bringing down the standard of the NBN again)

Also if a youth player in Newcastle is good enough they will be signed by the Jets or even Central cost any way it's not like a player for Magic are going to be picked for the national side.

Quote Originally Posted by Moley View Post
    If players over 25 from Sydney or even abroad move to Newcastle they are less likely to be signed by a club because they will cost to many points. This may stop people playing the game they love and striving to progress (bringing down the standard of the NBN again)
    But if he's over 25 he should just be giving up anyway as he has no future in the game and will only be a waste of space

#MFKFClogic
    OK

But if he's over 25 he should just be giving up anyway as he has no future in the game and will only be a waste of space

#MFKFClogic
    By far the post you have ever MMade.

Banned

#MFKFClogic

Once again you are failing to see the reality of the situation. If the bloke is good enough the NBN club will sign him regardless of his age and not worry about the points just as clubs would do if blokes like Peter Haynes Johnny Maj etc were available to be signed.

The system will not be punishing the top players.