Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: HAL 13/14 Rd 1 - Sydney FC vs Newcastle Jets - 11/10/13 k/off 730pm AEDST

I've never left a game before the final whistle, but I can tell you I was mighty close last night.

Absolutely woeful on all fronts.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    I've never left a game before the final whistle, but I can tell you I was mighty close last night.

Absolutely woeful on all fronts.
    it gets easier

Biraz

Can't wait for the offseason

Hate football

Hate GVE

Hate the drive home

And pre game traffic

The list goes on

You should play disc golf instead, mitch. It's in Maitland next month. Trying to drag pv4 out of well.

Football sucks

agreed birraz

Chapman out

reegz in

Regan Regan Regan Regan Taylor Regan!

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Chapman out
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    reegz in
    sÃ*
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Anyone know if SBS are going to air a replay of this game?
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    young chill still looking like a mouse in a maze
    When other players kick long balls to this guy from the other side of the field you can't realistically expect him to do a lot. That's pretty much all he was given. It's like playing Fifa. Play the long through ball over the top and get the fastest guy on the team to chase it down. Only problem was the long ball at most times was straight at him and the defender cleaned up every time. The bloke is tiny and is not going to win too many headers without kneecapping his opponent first. I don't want to see any long balls used regularly. Last night bar the first 15 minutes (which I would only rate as average with a little glimmer of better things to come) was absolute shit from everyone.

Tobedog should Marshall our defence imo

Pretty imposing bloke

Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Anyone know if SBS are going to air a replay of this game?
    3pm Sunday SBS 2
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    This + a related video made my night.
    Related video?

And today at 4

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    Related video?
    PMed

And cheers for the heads up dawgs.

Buy some hardnosed defenders and get rid of these softc&$ks at the back lucky we have birraz and Kew why the Fook can't taylor get a run least he shows some fire and ticker at the back !!!

ohh and ffs why did they ever feel the need to re sign egghead !!!!!!

I'm going to re-watch it sometime this week to get a better idea of it, as I feel at the games live I miss heaps, but there were a few points I thought were quite noticeable that need work:

• GVE has learnt nothing from last season. Our biggest, biggest issue last year was we gave the centre backs a lot of ball (which is fine) but they had at maximum one option to pass to at any time. This is why Mitchell, Ritter (at times), Tiago, etc looked "bad" last season - they had zero options who were closed down instantly, and were made to look like they were playing hospital balls at all times. Then your Rubez or Zenon, who are that solitary option, are under this massive amount of pressure as we're so fxxxing readable, and they look like they turn over the ball too much. How many times last night did Jaliens/Chapman have the ball, Chianese or ADP was closing them down, and the other was closing the other defender down, and we were completely isolated in our own half. Then if we passed it to the free midfielder, he had Carle/Thompson breathing down his neck? If we continue to play a high and wide frontline, with strict instructions not to come find the ball, we're going to concede a squillion goals due to our own errors playing out from the back, exactly like we did last year. VJ must be facepalming so bad at how much GVE hasn't learnt this lesson
    • Jaliens looks phenomenal. I can't wait for our fans to turn on him just like they did Tiago.
    • I like both Rubez and Caravella, but they're not working together in a defensive point of view. The amount of times last night, particularly in the first half, that Sydney passed through the MIDDLE of the park, was outrageous. We don't have a screening midfielder that holds his central position and is just a wall. We don't have a Paartalu, a Musialik, even Nick Carle was decent at it for Sydney last night. We have two high-intensity players who follow the ball/player around, and do a decent job at it, but no level-headed screening player to back them up. We don't have a wise defensive head in there. And I can't think of many/anyone in our squad who could do it properly. Maybe Kanta if he grew up, maybe Brillante after a bit of teaching.
    • Cove looked OK. The call/response song was pretty cool but died down, there was no climax to it.
    • Some of our supporters should not be wearing the new away kit - the swimsuit feel about it makes their rolls look ridiculous
    • Gallaway is dreadful. Left back is where we'll get exposed all year if we continue with him.
    • So much for Baartz's comment about no weaknesses in the squad. We need a left back, a screening mid, a #10 and a better formation/system.
    • Pepper looks like Nicolas Bendtner
    • Marc Warren looks like a mixture of Vin Diesel & Carl Barron. Vin Barron!
    • Thompson's rocket shot reminded me of Jobe. I miss Jobe. He would be a perfect screening mid for us.

OK

Need to see another, but we all know who we needed

Watched the replay this afternoon. Could see ****-all at the game so it was a real eye-opener.

In short, we played much better than I thought in keeping the ball and passing it around, but we were absolutely terrible in attack, zero creativity.

Worst player was actually Burns imo. Decision making was poor, touches were poor, passes were wayward. For a position which is critical in linking our two DMs with the forwards, he was definitely not up to it. May get better, but we will see.
    Didn't rate Jaliens on the night, but watching the replay he was very, very good, especially in the first half.