Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: HAL 13/14 Rd 1 - Sydney FC vs Newcastle Jets - 11/10/13 k/off 730pm AEDST

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Playing a 3-6-1 formtion. Goody and Zads on the Flanks. Feel both have the engine to get up and back. Hooley in the middle would like to see him further forward but too much firepower already there. Taggz to play up front with HESKEY TIME playing deeper with Burns . Feel HESKEYTIME offers shit setting up play at this level and will be a lot harder to mark coming into the box later and we will benefit more having him involved a little more.

On the subs bench have named some firepower with KALE to come on and tear Smurfs a new arsehole

GK > BIRRAZ
    CD > ALIENS
    CD > CHAPO
    CD > REAGAN
    RWB > ZADS
    LWB > GOODY
    DM > BEARD
    DM > HOOLE
    AM > BURNS
    AM > HESKEY
    FW > TAGGZ

Subs
    Chilli
    Zenon
    Kale
    Kanta
    Solari

STILL IN NEWY
    Bridges>>> Mitchell>> BK >>> Brown >> Galloway
    Will let you have Kale on bench but WTF are you thinking with Solari as second keeper. I don't like either option but having watched Solari wave at the ball as they passed over him for the mandatory two goals a game for the Jerks Youth if Birraz cops a Del Piero Knee or an accidental red card it would be the smurfs by how many.

You make a good point.

That's why I want him to move to Right Back where his ball playing skills are mostly out of the ****ing way
    yeah thats definetly an option especially if we play a back 4, wouldnt work in a back 3 as his wild challenges could be an issue leaving the other 2 guys stranded if he dives in etc haha

You make a good point.

That's why I want him to move to Right Back where his ball playing skills are mostly out of the ****ing way
    I actually think that's where he's played some of his best football for us, was it the season before last where he played there a few games in a row? They all get blurred together.
    He was originally a right back at Sydney yes?

I think when he is too far forward he overplays things horribly. Zad is good when he works hard and does the simple things. When further forward he's always trying to either take players on or slide a cheeky pass etc and these are not his strong points. He should be our midfield dynamo destructor.

Leave Ruben where he is i reckon, it's 6 of one half a dozen of the other regarding changing his position. He's going to lose it in the middle or deliver wayward crosses out wide what do you prefer?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Beeen View Post
    Leave Ruben where he is i reckon, it's 6 of one half a dozen of the other regarding changing his position. He's going to lose it in the middle or deliver wayward crosses out wide what do you prefer?

To my way of thinking it is pretty clear what needs to happen.

To play in the centre and to play the game GVE alleges we should be we need players with skill sets Rubez doesn't have. We really need much more quality at keeping and retaining possession and creating in the 6-8-10 than Zenon Beard Rubes Kanta offer

Problem is that he has to be in the first XI somewhere as he is deserving of this for his efforts and application to the cause and everytime I have ever seen him play at Right Back whether that was Olyroos Smurfs or us he has looked good in that position. Sure his crossing is wayward and useless but we rarely cross the ball anyway and Chilli Goodwin etc's crossing is also shit anyways. He rarely strayed out of position and defo has the engine for a RB or RWB role

Heskey injured
    http://www.theherald.com.au/story/17...s-knee/?cs=303

edit: oh yeah in other thread

Quote Originally Posted by joel31 View Post
    I would swap Hoole or Galloway for Brillante and swap Kantarovski or Brillante for Caravella.

P.S Caravella is no better then Jobe time will prove me correct and you'll all want him out of the squad by round 6 just like me.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

but he has a european name and slick hair, he must be better than jobe

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    I would swap Hoole or Galloway for Brillante and swap Kantarovski or Brillante for Caravella.

P.S Caravella is no better then Jobe time will prove me correct and you'll all want him out of the squad by round 6 just like me.
    Are you in the squad?
    Who are you really?
    Why do you think we will all want you out by round 6 too?

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fish View Post
    Are you in the squad?
    Who are you really?
    Why do you think we will all want you out by round 6 too?
    I've won a few cups on Football Manager, Amateur level
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

The internet is a mean place

Seems as though everyones favourite englishman might get a start? Or has GVE read this forum and is just trying to stir up as many memebers as he can?
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

the last thing we need against this Sydney team is to give them the ball, where they can get it to their attack line:

ADP, Garcia, Carle, Gameiro, Yau (dat pace).

It's not like their defence are anything flash - so we shouldn't go there actually attempting to give away our possession.

If GVE was smart he'd leave Bridges, the worst possession retainer in the world (potential overexaggeration), back in Newcastle to watch videos of players that have passing percentages greater than 90%.

I'll make a wild prediction - arguably as wild as my one last year where I said we wouldn't win another game that Virgili started (which, I never checked, but I imagine was pretty close to being right): if Bridges starts, we'll be 2 down by half time (cue the "we'll be 2 down by half time anyway with GVE running the show").
    OK

Quick glance and I momentarily thought pv4 had me in the line up against Jerks. Then I read pace and went back to discover my error.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    I'll make a wild prediction - arguably as wild as my one last year where I said we wouldn't win another game that Virgili started (which, I never checked, but I imagine was pretty close to being right)
    Haha probably were correct but it didnt have much to do with Virgilli... im pretty sure we just didnt win any more games!

--------------Birraz-----------

Nev-----Regs----Kew----Sammy

--------Zen-----Zads---------

Burns------Brown-------Goody

---------Taggz-------------

BK, Brill, Chappy, Chilli, Bridges

-----------------Biraz-------------------
    Neville--Chapman--Jaliens--Gallaway
    ------------Zad----Caravella-----------
    Hoole--------Burns------------Goodwin
    --------------Taggart-------------------

Would really love Brillante to take Gallaway's spot though, but can't see it happening.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    --------------Birraz-----------

Nev-----Regs----Kew----Sammy

--------Zen-----Zads---------

Burns------Brown-------Goody

---------Taggz-------------

BK, Brill, Chappy, Chilli, Bridges
    I like the look of that team... i would say Chapman will start over Regs though, he seems to be one of GVE's favourites.
    Also, i would love to see Brillante given the nod ahead of Caramello.

Saying that, that midfield and attack is fairly mobile.... that could be a good thing!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    the last thing we need against this Sydney team is to give them the ball, where they can get it to their attack line:

ADP, Garcia, Carle, Gameiro, Yau (dat pace).

It's not like their defence are anything flash - so we shouldn't go there actually attempting to give away our possession.

If GVE was smart he'd leave Bridges, the worst possession retainer in the world (potential overexaggeration), back in Newcastle to watch videos of players that have passing percentages greater than 90%.

I'll make a wild prediction - arguably as wild as my one last year where I said we wouldn't win another game that Virgili started (which, I never checked, but I imagine was pretty close to being right): if Bridges starts, we'll be 2 down by half time (cue the "we'll be 2 down by half time anyway with GVE running the show").
    You were bang on the money with all your post until the shit about us being 2-0 down at HT against the Smurfs. We may be ****ed we may have a coach with NFI but one thing I am certain of the team we are playing are Shit ****s. Even we will look like world beaters against the rabble of shit that is Smurfs FC and won't be 2-0 down at HT even if that has been Bridges gets a ****ing start.

FFS Josh Mitchell Sammy Galloway and Scott Neville would be stars in their backline