Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: National Yoof League 2013-14

They won 6-2 against perth and kale scored a Hat-trick

Kalemeter rating?
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Banned
    Kale Bradbery scored a hat-trick in Newcastle's 6-2 win over Perth Glory in the Foxtel National Youth League match at Intiga Stadium on Saturday.

Bradbery scored twice in the first half and capped off a memorable match with a third goal and his team's sixth midway through the second.

Mitchell Oxborrow, Radovan Pavicevic and James Virgili also found the back of the net for the victorious Jets.

Glory striker Ndumbe Makeche scored a brace for the home team, who put up several chances that were denied by Jets goalkeeper John Solari.

The impressive Solari also stopped a penalty in the first half that would have put Perth in front.

Bradbery scored the opener in the eighth minute when he pounced on a long goal kick into Newcastle's attacking half before sidestepping two Perth defenders and then easily placing the ball past goalkeeper Luke Radonich.

Glory levelled the score just four minutes later when Daniel De Silva weaved through two Jets players on the goal-line and fired in a low cross that Makeche knocked into the back of the net.

Perth should have taken a 2-1 lead after 17 minutes when Makeche was taken down in the box by Solari, but Glory captain Brandon O'Neill failed to convert from the penalty spot.

Harry O'Brien created another chance for Perth moments later after some clever passes from Isaka Cernak and Jeremy Tshongo, but Solari positioned himself well to block the shot.

Those misses proved costly and Oxborrow made Glory pay by slamming the ball past Radonich in the 26th minute to give the visitors a 2-1 lead.

Bradbery soon made it 3-1 for the Jets when he scored his second goal in similar fashion to his first.

De Silva ran on to a chance after the restart, but again Solari was up to the task.

Makeche pulled one back for Glory just before half-time to give the home side some hope of upsetting the third-placed Jets.

But Pavicevic all but ended that ambition two minutes into the second half with Newcastle's fourth of the match.

Virgili added a fifth before Bradbery completed his hat-trick in the 62nd minute with another clever attacking move that exposed Perth's lacklustre defence.

De Silva and Makeche had late chances to score consolation goals for Glory, but Solari once again made his presence felt.

The only downside for Newcastle was the dismissal of Thomas Whiteside for a second yellow card deep in injury time.

Perth Glory 2 (Makeche 12m, 41m)
    Newcastle Jets 6 (Bradbery 8m, 31m, 62m, Oxborrow 26m, Pavicevic 47m, Virgili 54m)

Played at Intiga Stadium

Perth Glory: 1. Luke Radonich (GK), 2. Joshua Tucker (15. Scott Robertson 59m), 3. Jeremy Tshongo, 4. Brandon O'Neill, 5. Sean Troup (8. Borbor Sam 46m), 6. Harry O'Brien, 7. Daniel De Silva, 9. Ndumbe Makeche, 10. Adrian Zahra, 11. Jacob Collard (16. Jacob Knowles 56m), 14. Isaka Cernak.

Unused substitute: 12. Fraser Greenwood (GK)

Yellow cards: Nil

Newcastle Jets: 1. John Solari (GK), 2. Michael Finlayson, 3. Thomas Whiteside, 4. Nicholas Cowburn, 5. Matthew Bilic, 6. Michael Kantarovski (11. Brandon Lundy 88m), 7. Radovan Pavicevic (12. Andrew Pawiak 58m), 8. Mitchell Oxborrow, 9. Kale Bradbery, 10. James Virgili (15. Benjamin Hay 58m), 11. Brandon Lundy (14. Willis Nadfalusi 46m).

Unused substitute: 20. Adam Pearce (GK)

Yellow cards: John Solari 17m; Thomas Whiteside 61m

Red cards: Thomas Whiteside 90m+4

Militia You called it that Kale would have got a Hatty.

hahahaha

Had an excellent chat with MFKS on the train on the way home, dude didn't even know the Yoof were playing. Told him the score, didn't know the scorers. As I left I was telling him that Kale must have gotten at least one, then yelled out "Maybe even a hat-trick?"

Sounds like we all should have been in Perth.

Edit: ****, beat me to it MFKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Kalemeter rating?
    Crotch Levels it would seem

The more I think about it, the more messed up it is that Bridges is getting a run ahead of Kale.
    All aboard the Kale Express, choo-choo!

Great first result for Deans after Zane moved on

MFKS, start a thread on the main foz for Kale. Our people need a home.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Great first result for Deans after Zane moved on
    Deans is a ****ing genius to get a result like this cause it sure looked like him on the Jets bench at Bluetongue and not in Perth at the NYL.

I wonder what could be achieved if the boys were under his steely glare up close.

Score nothing to rag about. When Perth played at Wanderers a few months ago they were ****ing woeful and not even close to being NYL standard (Bit like Jets at HAL level ) and we beat them about 6-1 off the top of my head

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    MFKS, start a thread on the main foz for Kale. Our people need a home.
    Your bang on the money about Bridges getting a run at Kales expense. It is a ****ing dis Grace

As for starting a thread. All in good time.

I have some ideas already waiting to be unleashed when the day comes though for the thread

too late
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Deans is a ****ing genius to get a result like this cause it sure looked like him on the Jets bench at Bluetongue and not in Perth
    I was being facetious member.

Banned
    Ten-man Newcastle Jets secured an impressive 3-2 comeback win over Western Sydney Wanderers to consolidate second spot in the Foxtel National Youth League.

The Wanderers were a goal and a man up early in the second half only for the resilient Jets to rally and claim an impressive victory at Campbelltown Stadium.

Newcastle fielded a trio of overage players with Hyundai A-League experience in Josh Mitchell, James Virgili and James Brown, while the home side did likewise fielding goalkeeper Jerrad Tyson, Kwabena Appiah and Tahj Minniecon.

It was Appiah who set up the opener for the Wanderers after outpacing his man on the right before pulling back for an easy close-range finish from Lawrence Hanna.

However, Virgili drew the sides level on 33 minutes with a sharp finish to send the teams into the break level.

The Jets task was made all the more harder just three minutes after the interval when captain James Brown was dismissed for needlessly lashing out at his opponent having already committed a foul.

Within minutes the Wanderers went ahead as Alusine Fofanah lashed home to leave the home side very much in the ascendency.

However, Virgili matched Fofanah's effort on the hour mark with a sharp burst of pace and smart finish to draw the Jets level for the second time as he completed his brace.

The goal of the match appropriately enough proved to be the match-winner with the exciting Virgili showing impressive speed and close control on the right to set up Nick Cowburn who swept home at the back post for the decisive moment of the contest.

The Wanderers had a late chance to earn a share of the spoils but Sean Symons was unable to turn the ball home from an acute angle at the back post from a corner.

Western Sydney Wanderers 2 (Lawrence Hanna 17', Alusine Fofanah 54')

Newcastle Jets 3 (James Virgili 32', 62', Nick Cowburn 77')

Western Sydney Wanderers: Jerrad Tyson (gk), Shayne D'Cunha, Daniel Alessi, Nicholas Olsen, Yianni Perkatis, Alusine Fofanah, Jake McGing, Lawrence Hanna, Joshua Barresi, Tahj Minniecon, Kwabena Appiah

Cautions: Barresi 26'

Newcastle Jets: John Solari (gk), Mitchell Finlayson, Connor Chapman, Josh Mitchell, Matthew Bilic, Michael Kantarovski, James Virgili, Mitchell Oxborrow, Kale Bradbery, Radovan Pavicevic, James Brown

Cautions: Oxborrow 80'

Red Card: James Brown 49'

Too bad Kale couldn't repeat his efforts, 2 solid weeks in a row would have really pushed his chances.

What's the go with Virgili, seems to score and impress in youth team and even pre-season matches with the first team but can't buy a goal come league time.

Quote Originally Posted by russjaybee View Post
    What's the go with Virgili, seems to score and impress in youth team and even pre-season matches with the first team but can't buy a goal come league time.
    I wonder this too. If he gets another run without GvE in charge, that could see a difference perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    Too bad Kale couldn't repeat his efforts, 2 solid weeks in a row would have really pushed his chances.
    from what I've heard he played quite well set up the first and looked dangerous until Brown got sent off
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by russjaybee View Post
    Good question.

Is it a positional/role thing?
    I've noticed for the senior team he is nearly always played out wide, and rarely gets the opportunity to drift into the centre (because that's where Heskey, Taggart, Bridges etc. play). Based on the number of goals he scores for the youth team, it seems to me like he must be coming into the centre and into the box more often.

I've watched barely any youth league games though, so I'd be interested in hearing what others think.

Good question.

Is it a positional/role thing?
    I've noticed for the senior team he is nearly always played out wide, and rarely gets the opportunity to drift into the centre (because that's where Heskey, Taggart, Bridges etc. play). Based on the number of goals he scores for the youth team, it seems to me like he must be coming into the centre and into the box more often.

I've watched barely any youth league games though, so I'd be interested in hearing what others think.
    remember how good yoof games use to be at adamstown oval; hamma, parksey, etc.

friday/sunday arvo on tooheys cans and sausage sizzle, hamma may as well take credit for funding adamstowns return to the state league this year with the amount of cans he used to drink.

blokes like kaz and tommy bung misura banging in goals for the yoof team.

good times.
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!