Page 1 of 101 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily Australian News 2012

Daily Australian News 2012

Mitchell training with Jets to keep fitness up

Former Perth Glory defender Josh Mitchell is currently training with the Hunter Ports Newcastle Jets to maintain his fitness.

Mitchell finished his time with Perth at the end of the 2011/12 A-League season and has returned to his hometown build a base level of fitness before his next move.

“I’m from Newcastle originally and after finishing up with Perth I came back here to see my parents for a little bit,” Mitchell said.

“I’ve already had a holiday so I need to get back into training and Gary van Egmond has let me come along and join in with the Jets boys for a few weeks.

“I’ve had enough time off, I just need to build some fitness and enjoy some training and this is the best option for me.”

A Swansea Swans junior, Mitchell said he had been impressed by the intensity of the training sessions he has been involved in so far.

“It’s been good. I know what Gary is all about training wise and the standard of training has been excellent so far.”

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/...tness-up/47826
    Would be a handy pick up if we didn't already have Tiago, T-S, Regs & chapman.

Membership soars in first day

With 1,590 Members signing up since 12pm yesterday, 450 of those in the first five hours, the people of the Hunter Region are more passionate for the Newcastle Jets than ever before.

The 2012/13 Membership packages offer exceptional value and remain at the same affordable price as last season, with a Community Reserved Membership starting at as little as $115 for an Adult, $60 for a Child and $260 for Families.

Those who make the Membership commitment can look forward to some fantastic inclusions, including access to all 13 Jets home games, an exclusive Member cap and blister pack containing a 2012/12 Member lanyard, keyring, sticker sheet and magnetic fixture.

With over 10,000 Members last season, the Jets achieved the second highest Membership in the A-League and this year are targeting 11,000 Members with this year’s “Every Goal Matters’ campaign.

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/...irst-day/47822
    Good to see some strong sales early on but would that include the automatic renewals?

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/...rStanley/47832

Jets release Topor-Stanley

The Newcastle Jets have worked through a mutual release agreement with defender Nikolai Topor-Stanley.

Topor-Stanley has an offer to play with another Club and the Jets felt it was in the best interest of the player to pursue this opportunity.

“He is a good footballer and this is a wonderful opportunity for Nikolai to continue his career at another club,” CEO Robbie Middleby said.

“This opportunity gives him longevity in the game and as a Club we couldn’t stand in his way.

“We would like to thank Nikolai for his contribution to the Jets and wish him well in the future.”

Topor-Stanley informed his teammates of his release, which is effective immediately, this morning at training.

The Jets are unable to confirm which Club Topor-Stanley has agreed to terms with but an announcement is expected within the next few days
    Last edited by Hamma12; 22-06-2012 at 11:59 AM.

cooper's troopers it is

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    RIP Topor's Troopers

#bringbackljubo

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    cooper's troopers it is
    coopers troopers

Final straw might of been josh mitchell showing him up at training. Look for mitchells signing in the next week or so, much cheaper option and arguably a better player imo. Doesnt shit himself on the ball like nts.

Brazilian Finkler joins Victory

Friday, 22 June 2012 12:05 PM

Melbourne Victory today confirms that it has signed Brazilian midfielder, Guilherme Finkler, on a two-year deal.
    Most recently Finkler played with ABC Futebol Clube after he was loaned out by Criciuma, a team in Brazil’s second division. While the attacking midfielder has spent the majority of his professional career playing in Brazil, in 2006/07 he tried his hand in Europe, spending the season at English Championship side Wolverhampton Wanderers after impressing on a pre-season tour of Spain.
    Melbourne Victory Coach, Ange Postecoglou, considers Finkler a key addition to his rapidly growing squad, “Guilherme is an exciting prospect and I’m looking forward to working with him.
    “Brazilian players have certain qualities that not many other players possess, so I’m confident he can bring a different type of flair to the group, but more importantly, he comes with a determination and ambition to be part of a successful team,” Postecoglou added.
    Finkler, who is in the process of finalising his visa, is expected to arrive in early July and can’t wait to get started, “It’s very exciting for me to be joining Melbourne Victory,” he said.
    “I hear they have great fans and have been a very successful club, so it’s a move I’m very happy to make.
    “I have known Fernando Rech (former Adelaide United striker) for a long time and he told me how nice Australia is and that the standard of football is very good,” he said from Brazil.
    Finkler joins Jonathan Bru, Spase Dilevski, Sam Gallagher and Adama Traore as Melbourne Victory’s newest additions.

Newcastle Jets release Topor-Stanley
    JOSHUA LEESON
    22 Jun, 2012 12:25 PM
    THE Newcastle Jets’ No.1 central defender Nikolai Topor-Stanley has been released by the A-League club.

The announcement this morning followed weeks of speculation from the Newcastle Herald and denials from coach Gary van Egmond that the former Socceroo was poised to leave the Jets.

In a statement Jets said the release came through mutual agreement.

“He is a good footballer and this is a wonderful opportunity for Nikolai to continue his career at another club,” Jets chief exective Robbie Middleby said.

“This opportunity gives him longevity in the game and as a club we couldn’t stand in his way.’’

Topor-Stanley is believed to be poised to sign with a rival A-League club.

Just over a year ago the Jets fought off interest from Sydney FC to re-sign Topor-Stanley.

At the time then coach Branko Culina hailed his retention as turning point in the history of the club.

There is further speculation the Jets will seek to off-load experienced Brazilian centre back Tiago.
    http://www.theherald.com.au/news/loc...y/2600059.aspx
    Be interesting to see if we release Tiago that will free up another visa spot.
    might be being lined up for that Korean bloke they were trialling.

Jets trialing South Korean
    Monday, 18 June 2012 4:04 PM

Jets trialing South Korean

South Korean fullback Lee Soung Yong will be on trial with the Hunter Ports Newcastle Jets this week.

The 24-year-old currently plays for PSAP Sigli in the Indonesia Super League and was previously at K-League Club Incheon United.

Jets head coach Gary van Egmond said Lee’s trial was part of the Jets’ ongoing recruitment process.

“We’re looking at our depth and he plays as a left or right fullback so we’ve got him to come in this week and we’ll have a look at him and go from there,” van Egmond said.

“We’ll look at how he gels with the team and also the qualities that he brings to the football pitch and see if that is something different to what we’ve got already.

“Most of the stuff we do in pre-season is all ball work anyway so that will give us a good indication of where he’s at.

“During the week we’ll play some different games in training that will allow us to establish whether he is the right person or not.”

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/...h-Korean/47774
    Could be being lined up to replace T-S &/or Tiago.

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Mitchell as a replacement for NTS would be great. I'd say that's why he's training with us at the moment.

Don't need to replace him imo, Tiago, Regan, Chapman, Gallaway + Kanta as potential cover.

If Mitchell can still play as a good left back then he'd be a nice complementary player to have in that role with Goodwin.

Who's going to cover Gallows...and it begins.

Not surprising, there's been rumours about Topor leaving for months now. Let's just hope GvE has someone good lined up ffs.

GVE has his eye on this bloke to partner Reg's....

Off Seasons are always the worst for us Jets fans- always waiting for high quality, experience overseas players but we all know that the season will roll around, we'll have lost a few players that are solid and Jobe will end up playing striker....

Every season we're rebuilding, every season, it's the same thing. With GVE, all our wins will come down to his system and the boys doing what they're told. Whilst ever failure is the players fault, that they didn't follow the game plan.

we'll have another mediocore season with promises of grande next year once the team has had time to settle and we sign a few more key players, but the reality is we'll never be a stable functioning team.

We're already into pre season and i've already given up on winning the league!

Topor always struggled with the GVE system. Not surprised to see him go at all.

In reality this is the first time GVE has had free reign to build his own squad. Under Con he was always penny pinching, last season it was obviously not his team. This is his year, I don't care if he doesn't win the league but the team has to play some damn fine football or the pressure on him will be very high.

Quote Originally Posted by scarfy96 View Post
    ... Under Con he was always penny pinching, last season it was obviously not his team. ...
    well he's not exactly spending up big this preseason either....

Watch this space! Jets to be the first ever a-league team to break even over consecutive seasons, and to finish in the bottom third in those seasons...
    Tinkler is now taking the long term approach to pissing off the FFA by fielding a minimum cost squad.

Still better than no team at all i suppose.

G.