Page 65 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 2018

Thread: Daily Australian News 2012

Putting the whinging about the ref calls to the side, there is something else that Ive been real agitated with..

The entire week leading up to the match there was article after article pumping up the derby, going on about how much each team hates each other, how the fans hate each other.. etc..
    Then after the game all of these pundits, commentators and the Mariners are whinging about how many times we should have been sent off, how we werent playing football.. (I believe Slater the gimp was referring to it as "anti-football")..
    What do they expect to get after all of that sort of hype and grandstanding?

Our boys got stuck in and wanted it more.. Beat a d!ck..

slater called josh mitchell's needed-to-happen-foul "anti-football".
    OK

Banned
    Lolz at the excuses from the Gypos. Pen may have been soft as all buggery but it was. Where is the criticism for McGlinchey who mis controlled a ball about 6 yards from him and then ran into the box and made contact with Heskey. Defending basics stipulate stay on your feet and don't make any contact in the box.

Also after the poor touch Heskey is quite entitled to turn and face the goal and then shield the ball. In my opinion that is what he was trying to do when the ball came towards him, Get body between ball and McGlinchey. McGlinchey fell for it and barged into him. I would also claim that the ball was for all intensive purposes in Heskeys "possession" even if he hadn't of made contact with it as soon as it diverted off McGlinchey in his direction.

Also would someone like to point out to these dopey Gypsy bastards and the hacks of journos supporting their case they weren't in any sort of universal condemnation in the last F3 of last season when Topor was harshly and ridiculously judged to have handled in the box. What goes around comes around. Not our fault the Gypos let Hearfield take the pen and **** it up

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    slater called josh mitchell's needed-to-happen-foul "anti-football".
    really hated that, mainly because every other time they'd just call it a professional foul that needed to be made, I can think of a number of times one J.Burns has done the same, but somehow when we do it it's anti-football.

Quote Originally Posted by Pico View Post
    really hated that, mainly because every other time they'd just call it a professional foul that needed to be made, I can think of a number of times one J.Burns has done the same, but somehow when we do it it's anti-football.
    Hahaha I was just about to write that!! A "true defender's tackle that needed to be made".. Cop the yellow for it, but you stopped him from having a one on one.. Its a professional foul, deal with it..

Duncan, Brilliante, Chapman, Oxborrow and Taggart all named in the U19 squad for the AFC U19 Championships in November.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Duncan, Brilliante, Chapman, Oxborrow and Taggart all named in the U19 squad for the AFC U19 Championships in November.
    so these championships are in UAE, starting on nov 4 and final is on 17 nov.

we're looking at 2-4 weeks without these blokes.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    so these championships are in UAE, starting on nov 4 and final is on 17 nov.

we're looking at 2-4 weeks without these blokes.
    They will be available for Friday but will miss a minimum of 2 weeks, depending on how shit we are in the group stage.. so yeah, 2-4 weeks.

Slater is just f$cking c@ck sucking piece of sh!t that hates Newcastle with a passion (the bald prick)

And while im at it, Harper is the exact same. Its not our fault he missed those pens that would have got us to the semis in the old breakers days (the bald prick)

What the hell is your problem with bald people??

What the hell is your problem with bald people??

i have no problem with bald people, its just funny they are both dicks that are bald. with probably bald dicks.

Slater is Arnies bum buddy, biggest disc-race calling Gypo games worse the Eddie calling the Pies.
    Chuckles at the Gypos for sooking that Rubes' tackle could have broken someone's leg blah blah blah.
    Considering most of the hatred stems from a certain bent nose Gypo, you know, breaking one of our blokes legs'.
    Gooses and ganders and all that then.

Quote Originally Posted by the_butcher View Post
    Exactly right. TBH, im surprised it has even come to this. They were contentious issues but not necessarily blatantly wrong (besides zad's).

Here's my take:
    Issue 1 - The pen
    Heskey gets to the ball first and is then clattered into by McGlinchey. To me that's a foul. As soft as it may or may not be, we've all seen things like this given. It wasnt as if Heskey dived with no contact. There was strong contact, Hesk went down, ref gave pen. Pretty simple really.

Issue 2 - Rose offside
    Now, the linesman is looking across the line. McBreen is clearly offside. He makes a run for the ball and is just about to touch it when he realises Rose is behind him. He (McBreen) even deviates his run. Offside rule states "Making a gesture or movement which, in the opinion of the referee, deceives or distracts an opponent." To me, McBreen's run would have definitely attracted Biras attention, therefore he's offside.

Issue 3 - Zsansowieiwieleke offside
    He was offside. Absolutely clear-cut, linesman should be praised. There was no need for "benefit of the doubt" because there was no doubt, he was clearly offside.

Issue 4 - Zad tackle(s)
    First could have been straight red, but it was great to see the ref didnt want to ruin the game 12secs in. Well done ref. Seriously though, he could have received a straight red for either of the tackles, the one on Sterj should have atleast been a yellow.

All-in-all I dont agree they were completely robbed like theyre making out.
    Great post, agree completely.

Notice no mention of other farcical decisions:

- No yellow for Rose for barging over Virgili
    - Virgili gets booked for retaliating about 2 minutes after Sterjovski isn't booked for doing the same thing
    - Heskey booked for being a big lump of awesome
    - Hutcho not booked for generally being a sub-human life form, as well as 'doing a Mitchell' on chili

and yeh it wasn't a handball in the 08 GF, griffo touched it with his penis, which he was holding above his head

So they might fill one half of the stadium??!
    Will be interesting given the majority of supporters at that scum "home" game will be SFC fans.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Bloke had a great game other than a couple of generous decisions to not book Coastie players for fouls.

Needs a tickertape parade does Ben Williams
    And how about the dickhead we had 1st game?

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Why does this sort of report only occur when we are on the good side of the decisions????
    How many times have we been raped by Breezey or pumped by some other chump of a ref, and been told that the decision is final and to cop it on the chin?
    Rd 1 this season bloke got 55% (correct stat) of his calls incorrect. No big article saying he ****ed up, just a "nothing here, carry on" message.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Will be interesting given the majority of supporters at that scum "home" game will be SFC fans.and how about the dickhead we had 1st game?
    Rd 1 this season bloke got 55% (correct stat) of his calls incorrect. No big article saying he ****ed up, just a "nothing here, carry on" message.
    ITs only a reffing discrace if Newy gets a benefit. Fox team are assholes, even Hill didnt bother being impartial. Slater and boz continue biased and inept ass'oles.

Arnold did not want to discuss the situation yesterday, but he described Williams's effort as "pretty average" during the post-match conference. "I will probably get called a whinger, but the incidents that happened in the first five minutes turned the match," Arnold said.
    Oh Arnie, you get called called so much worse.
    Useless twat comes to mind

good point about the penalty last year and if i recall right Haliti was denied a goal in the first game in Gosford last year just offside exactly like zkandick or whatever his name is on saturday 90min + almost 7

Quote Originally Posted by Pico View Post
    I think Ross Aloisi used to call them smart fouls.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    good point about the penalty last year and if i recall right Haliti was denied a goal in the first game in Gosford last year just offside exactly like zkandick or whatever his name is on saturday 90min + almost 7
    Forgot about that one Labi was offside when the ball was played to him by about 1/2 a yard come back onside received it turned and slapped into the net from 20 yards out.

Did we sulk??? No took it on the chin and got on with it

These Gypo grubs though???

Cry me a ****ing river