Page 100 of 101 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101 LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 2018

Thread: Daily Australian News 2012

thus why i said

Some of this might not be right, lifted from wiki but:
    Amigos Aarau

Banned
    Seriously with Tarago and Lord Griffo playing for them the Smurfs are starting to look more Newy than us.

If they sign Llujbo and Berisha and Zadko I am jumping ship

Deadset funny stuff reading the Sydney Forum and the comments they have about Tiago. I reckon by their reaction he'll feel more loved by GvE!

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fish View Post
    Was rumored to be on big coin too.
    Glad he's not leaving the a-league though
    raises a big point.

So lets throw out another capable player because he's earning a dollar and not in the boy lovers club of gve amd middleby. Just means we'll get another noddy in. some were happy with Topper leaving cause he cost too much so we could get mitchell etal in. phkg clowns.

Why do we want him in the aleague when he will cut our ankles out. To the furnace with u middleby and co.

Quote Originally Posted by goaliepersempre View Post
    Disgrace.... am pissed of with this. Yet another player of experience that is pushed away but gve, most likely as he has opened his mouth. The writing has been on the wall. Tiago is an immense player, I thought he was just getting settled in this league for good at the start and then gve with his lets change the team each week. He will be immense for sydney against us. (we have a ahbit of disregarding imports, you like at most clubs and the big leagues, even at the quality of La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga and Premier League alot of the time players take time to fully control and grasp a different league) Its a little easier in those leagues somewhat due to the quality you have around you, its just other parts of the game need to get used to.

The Australian game as is, is a irregular generally slow paced game, very physical and huge range in environmental conditions. Thus why its not an easy league.

I am concerned and its obvious im sure to most people that GVE is a good talker, but lacks the dominance of a great coach. LAcks the people skills to acknowledge input from others.

Some of this might not be right, lifted from wiki but:

Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
    1982–1986 APIA Leichhardt 7 (0)
    1987–1989 Footscray JUST 61 (1)
    1989–1990 Marconi Stallions 25 (1)
    1990–1991 Roda JC 10 (0)
    1991–1997 Marconi Stallions 109 (8)
    1996–1997 Wollongong City Wolves 21 (0)
    1997–1998 Bonnyrigg White Eagles 17 (0)
    1998 Blacktown City 8 (0)
    2001 Manly-Warringah Dolphins

National team‡
    1988–1989 Australia 15 (0) (olympic team)

Teams managed
    2001 Manly-Warringah Dolphins
    2001-2006 Newcastle Jets (Assistant Coach)
    2006–2009 Newcastle Jets (1 Grand Final Championship, 1 Wooden Spoon with his team, then jumps ship)
    2009–2011 AIS (Assistant Coach)
    2011– Newcastle Jets

Not a huge history, he himself only lasted 10 games overseas at Roda...

Yeah most of us on here havent dont any of the above stuff you might say,

but still am dissapointed in tiago leaving, in the direction and feel around the club and watching games..

Like alot will always be a member, supporting our club..

and meh to all you TL DR..
    You forgot that he was Lawrie McKinna's understudy at Northern Spirit, where GVE coached the Youth Team.

Add Slater, Arnold, and Hutcho to the equation and it's not difficult to imagine the baggage GVE carries fom his time at Northern Spirit.

lol northern spirit....
    Amigos Aarau

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/...-1226***330647

Newcastle Jets furious with FFA over decision to shift game against Wellington Phoenix

A FURIOUS row has broken out between Football Federation Australia and the Newcastle Jets over a sudden decision to shift the Jets' trip to Wellington in March, forcing Gary van Egmond's side to play three games in eight days including a 20-hour round trip to New Zealand.

Van Egmond described FFA's decision as "insulting", after the governing body acceded to a request from Phoenix to move the game as it clashes with a World Cup qualifier at the same time for New Zealand.

FFA's switch comes despite them refusing to do the same in Round 2, when Phoenix had to send a severely weakened side to play Melbourne Heart, and also last week declining to allow Brisbane Roar to move an A-League game with Sydney FC to facilitate an Asian Champions League qualifier.

With the A-League not breaking for FIFA windows, Phoenix first alerted FFA to the clashes with New Zealand games in July, but the Jets say they only found out a fortnight ago that their game had been unilaterally switched to Wednesday February 20 - between their games with Melbourne Heart and Brisbane on February 15 and 22.

FFA's policy has always been to refuse to change policy mid-season, and in July they stated there would be no fixture re-arrangements to allow for FIFA dates.

The Jets offered a compromise by playing the game at Hunter Stadium on February 20, but were told today by FFA that they would have to travel to Wellington.

It's believed the Jets may send a weakened squad, fearing injuries to their weakened players from the schedule.

"In a close competition like we have at the moment, this decision could have a real bearing on our season," van Egmond said.

"Clearly we will need our full squad and to draw on the special camaraderie and mental strength to get through this situation we now find ourselves in.

"To decline our compromise to play the game in Newcastle, claiming it would disadvantage Wellington, is insulting for the credibility of the A-League competition, our players and fans."

An FFA official said their hands were tied, as Wellington had no youth team and would be prevented from signing players outside of a transfer window, meaning they would not be able to put out a starting XI if the game was played on its original date.

what a crock of crap all round.

good to see GVE laying the groundwork for the excuse for losing early.

" A bearing on our season ". In the end i think GVE's tinkering week after week would have had more of an effect on where we finish.

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/...ear-deal/58323

Hoole on a 1 year deal. Decent piece of business.

So Tiago was released to allow Hoole to be signed. While Hoole had a good debut, I would be happier if we had replaced Tiago with someone a little more experienced.

Wellington don't have a youth squad to call players up from. Well fix it.

I don't think the game should be played in Newcastle as the match was scheduled for Wellington but i don't agree with them moving it either. If they can't field a team than they can forfeit i guess. I think FFA should consider taking weeks off for fifa dates???

Quote Originally Posted by weston View Post
    I think FFA should consider taking weeks off for fifa dates???
    That's the common sense outcome as has been done in previous seasons. But were the FIFA weekends used this season to allow the later start? (which was a success)

Legitimate gripes from GVE. I'd be saying the same thing if it was any other team except the scum or blue shite

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    " A bearing on our season ". In the end i think GVE's tinkering week after week would have had more of an effect on where we finish.
    FFS, we've kept two clean sheets in a row plus kept a fairly stable first XI and people are still griping about him making changes.

Half the time the changes have been forced due to injuries. Nothing you can do about that, or would you prefer Jobe hobbling about in midfield over Brillante? So the other half is most likely due to form, fitness or suspension. No point playing out of form players, nor if he doesn't think they're 100%. Our opinions don't matter, at the end of the day it's up to GvE.

And surprisingly enough the top teams in the world do not keep the same lineup week in, week out. And to expect that we do is stupid. Having the same 11 assured of their spots breeds complacency, mixing it up helps to send the message that no one is assured of a starting spot, making everyone work harder.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

sif we'd win in wello anyways

onya hooley! hoole's hool's will no doubt have a fence banner to celebrate
    we will loose

Why can't the NZ national team use alternative players?
    Who is the qualifier against anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Why can't the NZ national team use alternative players?
    Who is the qualifier against anyway?
    New Caledonia IIRC

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    the double-F A are to blame for not having international breaks in the A-League

I don't understand why Australian football needs to make alternative arrangements to accommodate New Zealand football, phoenix are in the A league not the New Zealand national team, disgrace

If their NZ players counted as visa players as they do for the rest of the aleague, then they wouldn't have half their team out.

Still don't know why FFA go so far out of their way to assist NZ football.