Page 101 of 101 FirstFirst ... 519199100101
Results 2,001 to 2,018 of 2018

Thread: Daily Australian News 2012

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    I don't understand why Australian football needs to make alternative arrangements to accommodate New Zealand football, phoenix are in the A league not the New Zealand national team, disgrace
    Agree with this. The only reason they are in such a position is that IIRC they have to have an equal number of Kiwis as Aussies in their squad, plus 5 internationals, so at any one time, they could have at least 14 players of All White quality. Players like Glen Moss and Durante hold Australian citizenship, qualifying them as Aussies. There is already too many concessions made to Wellington, and this is poor. It's not our fault that Ricki needs to pick the best against New Calendonia.

TBH I hope GvE just sends a bunch of youth to play over there. Something like:

BK
    Hoole Mitchell Ritter/Tiago* Galloway
    Pepper Cooper
    Taggart Riberio Jesic
    Bradbery

Bench:
    Duncan
    Chaps
    Oxborrow
    Brown

Tbh i reckon the two games against Roar and Victory are more important than this game, we lose over there anyway, why not blood some youngsters and see how the other players are going while leaving the first 11 fresh.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    FFS, we've kept two clean sheets in a row plus kept a fairly stable first XI and people are still griping about him making changes.

Half the time the changes have been forced due to injuries. Nothing you can do about that, or would you prefer Jobe hobbling about in midfield over Brillante? So the other half is most likely due to form, fitness or suspension. No point playing out of form players, nor if he doesn't think they're 100%. Our opinions don't matter, at the end of the day it's up to GvE.

And surprisingly enough the top teams in the world do not keep the same lineup week in, week out. And to expect that we do is stupid. Having the same 11 assured of their spots breeds complacency, mixing it up helps to send the message that no one is assured of a starting spot, making everyone work harder.

My foots asleep re your reasoning.

Your post is full of BS.

A fiarly stable first 11 and two clean sheets in your first sentence then you go onto applaud the tinkering. WTF.

No point playing players out of form, the name Mitchell ring a bell FFS

I would also like to point out that the best teams in the world are the best teams in the world because they generally keep the same starting 11 week in week out, I.e Barca don't seem to change theirs too often
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    I would also like to point out that the best teams in the world are the best teams in the world because they generally keep the same starting 11 week in week out, I.e Barca don't seem to change theirs too often
    plus they have 22 world class players. Any change is quality. We have Mitchell to change up, (no offence mitch).

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    My foots asleep re your reasoning.

Your post is full of BS.

A fiarly stable first 11 and two clean sheets in your first sentence then you go onto applaud the tinkering. WTF.

No point playing players out of form, the name Mitchell ring a bell FFS
    Right. Let me explain in simple terms, the tinkering GvE has done so far has resulted in the stable XI that has been playing well together the past two games. I doubt anyone at the start of the season would have picked the XI for the past two games.

The comment about the changing of the team is that it is unavoidable due to the reasons listed above and blaming GvE for changing the team, especially during the drop in results between Rd 5 and the past 2 weeks, is stupid and incredibly naive - or would you have preferred to continue playing the same losing team each week? While we were losing we needed to find a way to start winning again, so the tinkering was unavoidable. However, if he continues to tinker with the successful lineup and we lose, then sure blame him, but to blame him for tinkering with a team that continues to win is pointless.

As for Mitchell, GvE mustn't have been impressed with Chapman or Regan in training, so he didn't play them. We can't expect players who can't be bothered in training to play in the matches.

Buddha, true, but there they don't keep the same 18 players in the matchday squad each game. There is a certain amount of tinkering that happens each week. Look at the last four Manchester United games, there has not been the same starting XI each game. While there may have been the same 4 or 5 players each week (for us Griff, Heskey, Zad and Biraz), the amount of changing isn't too dissimilar to what GvE has done.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    If their NZ players counted as visa players as they do for the rest of the aleague, then they wouldn't have half their team out.

Still don't know why FFA go so far out of their way to assist NZ football.
    Ask Charlie Dempsey

I will give it to you Thomas, your posts certainly are a lough.

FFS...this thread is givin me a headache
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

In daily Australian news now..... We all are the offspring of the antichrist conceived by Keanu Reeves and that hot chick Al Pacino wants to get him with off the Devil's Avocado
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Banned
    Out of curiosity has anyone who was planning on traveling to Wellington for the game been screwed over??

Most airline tickets are non refundable/transferable etc hotel bookings etc

FFA Should be reimbursing all fans for this **** UP

PS Also If we are gonna have it midweek whats wrong with playing it midweek in about 10-11 days time when we are already in FCUKING Wellington??

Play on Sunday 27th Jan and then play say on the Tuesday/Wednesday midweek?? Save a lot of hassle for the CLUB???

i think the v-man has been done over

furns were you going as well?

I for one am be screwed by this date change...
    Flights, accom, some sight seeing etc...
    Will be sussing out my options after work today, might send FFA an invoice for the damages...

I imagine the ffa will have themselves covered with some "draw is subject to change" bs but it is really upsetting for the people who would be screwed over.

it may only be a max of 10 peoole screwed over though - so maybe they'll just help them out & avoid the hassle. it does set a potential dangerous precedent though.
    OK

Banned
    I can appreciate the gripes of Nelson Bay Rd and anyone else effected by spending a weekend in Wellington for nothing in March.

Considering how many people are starting to make the effort to actually travel interstate/to NZ it is disgracefully poor form that this issue isn't resolved earlier than now.

Me I got the fixture list for us and then picked out my away game travels for the year from it. I actually did seriously consider going to this game but chose to do the Adelaide away game instead. It is disgraceful the prospect that the FFA can **** fans around without a care in the world like this.

Considering all tickets with Jetstar/Virgin etc have an option for alterations down the track that needs taking up at greatly increased fees when booking flights the FFA will be able to get out of it as well as Airlines. Hotels may be flexible to swap accommodation dates around though.

All in all a disgrace

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    it may only be a max of 10 peoole screwed over though - so maybe they'll just help them out & avoid the hassle. it does set a potential dangerous precedent though.
    Probs give them each a Tiago jersey and "wish you all the best"*

Sif the FFA gives a shit.Who needs fans anyway, Gypos have proved you can survive just fine without any of them.

*copyright R. Middleby

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    Wiki also incorrectly credits our grand final winning goal to the wrong player
    true, we all know it was hesky

just in case people havent picked up on it yet, the game against Phoenix that has been changed is in MARCH, not the game in a few weeks on the Straya Day long weekend.

I dont know how many were planning on going to the second away game, however I am thanking my lucky stars I decided to go to the first one.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

oh and new thread started, please feel free to continue discussions there.

Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast