Page 22 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily Australian News 2012

yo thomas - don't forget we (the jerks) forced victory to play in their fluro kits. don't forget that either. but that was more of semi-clashes, not same colours for home & away.

home and away SHOULD be alternating colours, which goes without saying, but i'm really into pushing for every team to have a third kit in the hal. whether it be a heritage strip, or mimics the coat of arms of the town they play in, or both, or is just a random colour that has absolutely nothing to do with their home/away colours.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    yo thomas - don't forget we (the jerks) forced victory to play in their fluro kits. don't forget that either. but that was more of semi-clashes, not same colours for home & away.

home and away SHOULD be alternating colours, which goes without saying, but i'm really into pushing for every team to have a third kit in the hal. whether it be a heritage strip, or mimics the coat of arms of the town they play in, or both, or is just a random colour that has absolutely nothing to do with their home/away colours.
    i think you will find melbourne were wearing the fluro kit for sponsoring reasons, as they had the same thing going as sydney did a couple of years ago with bing lee and JVC for the second half of the seasona and one of the agreements was victory wear there away kit at a couple of home games and the derbies (when melbourne heart were the home team)

should be home and clash; not home and away

contra il moderno calcio etc

Did we? Forgot about that.

As for Heritage jerseys, I'll leave that up to you to work on and for the 3rd kits, Heart has their fan designed one, the charcoal grey and red one.

But agree with your last point, should be a completely different colour than their home kit.

I'm hoping we don't keep the black & White kit this season because with some of the current kits I Think we'll need a bigger contrast, a colour no other club has in their kits, maybe some emerald.....

sif listen to the fans

Banned
    Agree with all the thoughts on kits. Someone needs to use some intelligence when picking the colours for the 2nd kit.

Take us for example the only team our home kit should clash with is Adelaide, Heart and WSW. So our away kit should not be red navy blue or any other dark colours. Not rocket science.

That also being said we should wear our blue and red effort ALL THE TIME. None of this shit where we have an away kit. We have a 2nd strip not an away kit. The 2nd strip is used ONLY when needed. Our current one doesn't clash with the Gypos so Smurfs Roar so why did we play in away last season against these teams in Black and white??

FFS Play in OUR Colours

This idea that we can't have teams play in 2 dark coloured outfits is BS. We don't need one light one dark outfit to contrast. One of the reasons this is done in Football is FIFA want to originally accommodate for Black and White TV in 3rd world shitholes. Two dark coloured outfits didn't show up well on black and white TV so hence the dark and light policy That being said the use of black and white should be almost obsolete in Australia with LCD and Plasma etc

I can tell the difference between our blue and red and the smurfs sky blue. Doesn't seem to effect the NRL when Sharks play Knights so why the **** should we be any different???

Why can't we also have an alternate pair of shorts and socks so we can say play in our blue and red with say white shorts and socks to accommodate these parts of the kit that may clash with other teams???

isnt the alternative of "red and black" hoops simply "black and red" hoops?

fwiw the three parts of a kit (shirts, shorts, socks) are entirely independent of each other. if a shirt clashes in any form with the opposition, changing the shorts & socks to make the overall kit lighter or darker means nothing.

opposing teams are allowed to wear exactly the same shorts - the entire league could all wear black shorts and it wouldn't matter. teams cannot clash colours with shirts and socks.

I don't mind our colour choice currently (my only issuer being they forgot the red of nnsw in the black and white) and I don't think it's up to clubs to pick their home&away kit colours based on what the rest of the league has. however, every team NEEDS an ultimate opposite colour kit for a third kit. if the jets have two darker kits, their third should be fluro pink.
    OK

opposing teams are allowed to wear exactly the same shorts - the entire league could all wear black shorts and it wouldn't matter. teams cannot clash colours with shirts and socks.
    are you sure of this? or is this true for straya a-league?

cos overseas teams would change their socks based on a clash - and have done for a long, long time. see chelsea wear blue or yellow socks when they play against leeds utd (all white)

man utd (white shorts black socks) always change to black shorts when playing everton etc

are these just going above and beyond their obligations?

i would have through a ref would want to be able to distinguish sock colours in scrappy moments etc

Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    are you sure of this? or is this true for straya a-league?

cos overseas teams would change their socks based on a clash - and have done for a long, long time. see chelsea wear blue or yellow socks when they play against leeds utd (all white)

man utd (white shorts black socks) always change to black shorts when playing everton etc

are these just going above and beyond their obligations?

i would have through a ref would want to be able to distinguish sock colours in scrappy moments etc
    with the united situation i think you will find they wear black shorts with their home kit only when they play away and they wear white socks when they play in the champions league.

i think PV4 maybe right on the shorts situation

Quote Originally Posted by Newyrover7 View Post
    with the united situation i think you will find they wear black shorts with their home kit only when they play away and they wear white socks when they play in the champions league.

i think PV4 maybe right on the shorts situation
    in a utd vs. everton situation, everton would wear blue shorts. everton vs. utd - utd wear black shorts.

another example

at portsmout

at liverpool

snake - both roars shorts for home & away are black, and are definately used against wellington & any navy shorts team.

also the refs wear black/dark shorts no matter what colours the teams are - shorts can be completely clashing if wanting to.

edit: wait are you talking about socks or shorts? shorts can clash, as I said, but shirts & socks can't.
    OK

Banned
    also the refs wear black/dark shorts no matter what colours the teams are - shorts can be completely clashing if wanting to.
    Don't usually see refs kicking the ball about!! I thought the idea was to assist the ref to distinguish which of the 2 teams is which particularly when opposing players contest the ball. The contrast in colours should assist the ref to determine who get the last touch to a ball for a throw in ie red socks or blue socks.

well that's another entirely different thing that i briefly mentioned - refs shouldn't clash at all or they might be passed the ball!

as i think i said, but am guessing from peoples' reactions that i might not have said clearly enough - shirts and socks can't clash, shorts can. if a team has the same colour shirt, or the same colour socks as the opposition - they have to change.

but just say a teams shirt is similar in colour to the opposition team, changing the shorts and/or socks for the sole reason of making the shirt seem lighter/darker is not acceptable. the three are completely independent of each other.

for example, let's take melbourne heart home vs wsw home. these pics were supplied elsewhere:

the two wsw kits

now put alongside a melbourne heart kit, both clash. but what someone has done is paint the home shorts black to get the overall kit feel darker, so it would seem that the wsw home kit clashes less with melbourne heart home.

this means sfa - the home shirt still clashes with melbourne hearts home enough to need a different coloured kit. changing the shorts colour may seem to make the kit darker, but the shirt clashes no matter what, and in fifa rules when shorts colour don't mean a single thing, the two still clash shirts no matter what colour shorts they wear.
    OK

conclusion: a-league teams need to stop having same coloured home & away shirts, and if they insist on having it than they need a third kit.

the gypos weren't allowed to use either of their yellow jerseys for a game in the acl because they both clashed with the opposition. just say that nrmaiwsw make the acl, and come up against a red team, the afc won't let them wear either of their shirts also. they'll either have to find a third kit which is primarily a non-clashing colour (as the gypos did - they went a completely white shirt) or they'll have to recreate the eternal derby of shirts vs skins, and incorporate blackmac's idea of imprinting numbers onto bare skin.
    OK

Western Sydney wore this on Wednesday night:

Possible third for the games against Heart and Adelaide?

It's what they've been training in for weeks.

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    I thought their training shirts were black with a bit of red and white.