Page 44 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily Australian News 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fish View Post
    Maybe Remo didn't get the memo about Con getting stabbed in the back by that Westfields guy, and has told the herald he's discovered the next Christian Vieri playing in serieD.

Q man is in Italy?
    Perhaps he's been spotted by Spaletti and he's tipped off his old mate GVE.
    That would truly be remarkable...Spaletti is in Russia

but the club wouldnt know that

Anyone heard news on how Brown's surgery went? All to plan?

Think they initially mentioned he'll miss first 2 games.

griff

I'm in Paris for talks with ibra

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    I'm in Paris for talks with ibra
    You don't need an i-bra

Banned
    As I was reading the article the impression I got was GVE wants Griff HSG not sure and wants big name marquee ala ADP.

Now I have worked this out.

HSG Sign big name marquee ie Shevchenko, Ruud Van Nistelrooy .

Deans is fired. Galloway and Jesic punted. Griff bought in with the money saved from these hacks being on the books. Ruben Zads is giving a new upgraded contract and Mitchy Cooper is made captain.

The world is in perfect harmony and everyone wins and Toilet Seat and ACL and Club World Championships await the Jets

I am slightly disappointed in GVE here. If he truly wants Griff then come out all guns blazing about it. Put HSG in a spot when the fans start turning on them if they delay/refuse to bring Griff home. Easy way to do it is make enough of a song and dance about it that it makes the front page of the Newy Herald. We all know Tinks must read it daily to check on any defamation proceedings he can launch against the hacks with their unrelenting Anti Tinks campaign. Get his attention while he is slumped over his Coco Pops

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Mitchy Cooper is made captain.

Herald today....

Fan lockout not issue for Magic

By JOSH LEESON Sept. 13, 2012, 10:11 p.m.

BROADMEADOW Magic president Steven Foteff is confident tomorrow's Newcastle Jets members-only trial against Western Sydney will not exceed the capacity of Wanderers Oval.
    The suburban Broadmeadow ground has a capacity of 5000, which was almost reached last Sunday for the grand final of the Northern NSW State League between Magic and Hamilton Olympic.
    The Jets have about 8000 members and the match is also open to Wanderers members, who number about 2000.
    A crowd of 2000 turned out for the Jets trial against Wellington Phoenix at Weston Park on a Saturday night last month.
    The newly launched Wanderers are likely to attract a larger crowd due to the fact they have a host of ex-Jets players in their line-up, including Tarek Elrich, Mark Bridge, Adam D'Apuzzo, Ante Covic and Labinot Haliti.
    The more child-friendly kick-off time of 2pm plus activities like a jumping castle, face painting and a players autograph session should also bump up the attendance.
    Magic hold the long-term lease of Wanderers Oval and will provide catering for the event.
    Foteff is confident they will not be turning away many, if any, fans.
    "I don't expect that every member is going to turn up," Foteff said.
    "We've had some strategy meetings with the Jets, and their consensus for the crowd is between four and five [thousand].
    "I think it's virtually impossible to get every member to arrive at one game, especially a trial game."
    Foteff said Magic's volunteers had a proven track record of managing major soccer games and a crowd of 5000 would not be an issue.
    "We're planning for four to five, and we know we can do that," he said.
    "We're regularly holding those sort of events during finals and grand finals.
    "We had an exceptional grand final and the field was like one of those old-fashioned football fields where everyone is close to the game, and we're hoping to replicate that at the weekend."
    Meanwhile, Jets midfielder James Brown will undergo surgery on his troublesome ankle next Tuesday.
    Brown has not played since the explosive trial between the Jets and Phoenix on August 18.
    The Jets yesterday trained with a three-man defensive line in preparation for tomorrow's first meeting with Western Sydney.
    Scott Neville, Josh Mitchell and Dominik Ritter were the back three, and Ruben Zadkovich, Jobe Wheelhouse, Ben Kantarovski and Bernardo Ribeiro formed the midfield.
    Jets coach Gary van Egmond pushed regular left back Craig Goodwin further up the pitch in an attacking role to join Ryan Griffiths and James Virgili.
    Dunno - bit worried about this now it's open to WSW fans - I can see 4-5000 of our fans turning up, perfect time and a nice day expected. In that lull between football and cricket seasons. Depends how many WSW bring up. I think I might need to get there early.
    Last edited by Jetmaster; 14-09-2012 at 09:40 AM.

Article on San.....I mean, Puzz......

Former Jet regains passion for A-League in new colours

By JOSH LEESON Sept. 13, 2012, 10:11 p.m.

UNLIKE most of his peers, Adam D'Apuzzo always wanted more from life than being a professional footballer.
    See your ad hereThe beautiful game was a passion for the former Jets left back but there were other avenues he dreamed of exploring.
    At the end of season 2010-11 , D'Apuzzo closed his 102-game A-League career with Newcastle and moved home to Sydney.
    In the 18 months since he has married his long-term partner, Cara Sargo, played for NSW Premier League club APIA Leichhardt and used his masters in business degree to work at multinational accounting firm PricewaterhouseCoopers.
    But when West Sydney Wanderers coach Tony Popovic called the 25-year-old to trial for the new A-League franchise, it reignited D'Apuzzo's passion for football.
    "I always thought if I got the call I'd like to see how I felt," D'Apuzzo told the Newcastle Herald yesterday.
    "When I went back there, I fell in love with it. I loved the coaching staff, the players they have, so I'm right back into it and enjoying myself more than ever."
    D'Apuzzo's career at PricewaterhouseCoopers is on hold while he launches the second phase of his A-League career at Wanderers.
    It is a second coming D'Apuzzo intends to enjoy.
    "Before I took it too much as a job and I probably put too much of a burden on myself, so mentally it was quite hard," he said.
    I've taken a more light-hearted approach and I'm really enjoying it. So you could say the year off has done me wonders."
    Tomorrow D'Apuzzo will return to Newcastle with other former Jets Tarek Elrich, Labinot Haliti, Mark Bridge and Ante Covic to play for West Sydney in a members-only trial at Wanderers Oval.
    "I've only been back to Newcastle once since leaving and I guess I'll look forward to seeing the boys and catching up, but once you cross that white line you've got to get your job done," D'Apuzzo said.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Herald today....

Dunno - bit worried about this now it's open to WSW fans - I can see 4-5000 of our fans turning up, perfect time and a nice day expected. In that lull between football and cricket seasons. Depends how many WSW bring up. I think I might need to get there early.

WSW played parramatta at parramatta stadium last weekend and 1300 turned up.
    I reckon there will be very few Wanderers traveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fish View Post
    WSW played parramatta at parramatta stadium last weekend and 1300 turned up.
    I reckon there will be very few Wanderers traveling.
    Plus it wasnt publicised that WSW members were also allowed in until this week
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

True - anyway, it would be nice to fill it.

Gates open at 1.00pm.

Will be waiting outside for them to open

I know its been said by others, but I'm pretty annoyed that this game is coinciding with grand finals..

do you have a better suggestion Bon?
    I don't hold a grudge, you give me a new reason to hate you every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetsetted View Post
    do you have a better suggestion Bon?
    Hahaha No mate.. I wasn't trying to change the world or anything..
    Just reading all the talk about the trial game, and also being psyched up for our grand final.. Wishing there was some magical answer but there isn't..

Fair enough, good luck for the weekend.
    I don't hold a grudge, you give me a new reason to hate you every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    I know its been said by others, but I'm pretty annoyed that this game is coinciding with grand finals..
    Only the Zone Leagues though, Interdistrict and NNSW comps finished last weekend and HCCF the week before that.

I find it strange though that the ZL aren't run parrallel to the other comps.

Would be going if it wasn't for ZL finals ffs.