Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Aquarium Thread

Are you free to sit in my tank?

I had a few smallish tanks back in the day, usual with just your standard sort of tropical fish (angels, guppies, platys, cichlids, etc)..
    Accidentally bred a heap of Angels at one stage and just palmed em off to a pet store..

Would love to get back in to having a tank again.. As others have pointed out, it can be a bit of a wallet-destroyer getting a decent setup though.. (not to mention time consuming if you have a lot of tanks that need cleaning..)

Yo sammy - here's my tank

Like I said, we got them just over 3 years ago and none of the three goldfish have died. They grew to their respective sizes after about 6 months, and haven't grown since (apart from their tails & fins growing gloriously - you can't see it well but the big one looks unreal when swimming normally). There's one big one (he's dipping down the bottom) and the other two are the same size. The only real change they do is they'll go from full orange to a lot of white to back to orange over the course of the year - no idea why.

Note: I think that pic was taken when I fed them, hence the flakes everywhere. Also note that the mrs actually likes the treasure chests/toy penguins/whatever in the tank
    OK

We're a Betta family. Beautiful fish but they have to be kept separate.

Finally got my new tank running just before christmas. 900x600x600 display tank with an 800x400x400 sump with all the filtration/heating/cooling. Took for ever to ferry in sea water to fill it.

Not much in it at the moment while I let it settle in. There is about 50kg of live rock in the tank, but only 20kg came from my old tank so I am making sure there is no cycling before I start adding any more fish.

Pretty happy with it, although cleaning it is a bit of a mission.