Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jets Membership Packs

Jets Membership Packs

Anybody else notice the downturn in quality of the membership packs this year?
    Card is thinner (could snap at anytime), fixture magnet is paper, lanyard doesn't have the safety buckle & the sneaky buggers hid the free Jets Cap token on the back of the membership package (probably hoping it is not noticed so the save money on giving caps away).
    I know it's a token gift in return for buying membership, and not really what you pay for but the whole thing just has a cheap & nasty feel to it and hardly the message you should be sending to fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Leftback at Home View Post
    Card is thinner
    this is just like totally not true ay

this year's on top - last year's on bottom

(could snap at anytime)
    the ljubo of cards

i agree with everything else though, the magnet is a disc race

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    Is that anything like a Discathon, the ultimate in solo disc and running sports?

http://wfdf.org/sports/discathon

Yeah, the opening of the membership pack is a supporter ritual that deserves better attention.

For mine, I really couldn't care less about the lanyard and keyring. I just want my season ticket and prefer more money spent on innovative packaging to make the unwrapping an experience. The supporter pack was cool but the cheap shit inside made it a bit of a hollow gesture. The envelope mine came in looked old and was sealed with a small bit of sticky tape.

That said, our owner doesn't have money anymore so my expectations weren't high this year.

At least we got them.
    Last edited by hausmann; 26-09-2013 at 04:09 PM.

I think the key ring is key for me. the first under tinks was class. metal, strong clip and a club crest with membership year etched into the back. Quality.
    second year a plastic replica of the kit designed to stab you in the leg this year a rubber square with crest and season motto.

I can take the crappy fixtures list, I couldn't bother getting into caps and lanyards, but the key ring is my favourite part and I want them to go back to that original club crest, makes me proud to have it on my keys.

Quote Originally Posted by Leftback at Hometough7
    the sneaky buggers hid the free Jets Cap token on the back of the membership package
    Well f*** me

I better retrieve that from the bin where it's sitting next to the magnent fixture list that doesn't stick to anything

Poor tinks is doing it tough

Lanyard is the one thing I get the most use out of. Instead of corporate lanyard, I happily rock a Jerks lanyard. The 11/12 one with detachable end bit is far and away the best one we have had. Still using it

I am still using the 08/09 lanyard. I didn't like last years with the release on it.

Haven't opened the pack this year to look at it.

I'm just oping my card gets me into games we win instead of games we lose.

Maybe thinner was the wrong word, but mine is certainly flimsier this year - cheaper plastic perhaps.

Yes the keyring - that was a let down. I still have my original going strong. Don't think the rubber one will see much action this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocknerd View Post
    I think the key ring is key for me. the first under tinks was class. metal, strong clip and a club crest with membership year etched into the back. Quality.
    second year a plastic replica of the kit designed to stab you in the leg this year a rubber square with crest and season motto.

I can take the crappy fixtures list, I couldn't bother getting into caps and lanyards, but the key ring is my favourite part and I want them to go back to that original club crest, makes me proud to have it on my keys.
    Agreed.

Also the club crest one was relatively small, whereas the jersey and to an extent this one are pretty big.

Really not a fan of the Stand With Us motto AT ALL (to me saying "in victory and defeat we stand together, stand with us" is saying "we're shit and we know we are, but don't give up on us plz"), so the sticker will definately not be getting a run on my car.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    Haven't opened the pack this year to look at it.
    Nor have I

Quote Originally Posted by Leftback at Home View Post
    Maybe thinner was the wrong word, but mine is certainly flimsier this year - cheaper plastic perhaps.
    the card is exactly the same as last year

Banned
    this is just like totally not true ay

this year's on top - last year's on bottom

the ljubo of cards

I am ****ed what are these photos of??? Maybe i am colorblind or something but I have looked at them a heap of times and can't work out WTF they are???

the card is exactly the same as last year

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    I am ****ed what are these photos of??? Maybe i am colorblind or something but I have looked at them a heap of times and can't work out WTF they are???
    It's one photo homie. The white divide in the middle is actually the two cards (this year & last year), showing the thickness of them
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Yeah mate it got me too, for all of 5 seconds. Sort if out MFKS.

Well my card this year, regardless of it's thickness, is certainly more flimsy & less rigid then last year. Maybe their is some variablity in them.

Card Gate 2013