Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30

Thread: Jets Membership Packs

  1. #1

    Jets Membership Packs

    Anybody else notice the downturn in quality of the membership packs this year?
    Card is thinner (could snap at anytime), fixture magnet is paper, lanyard doesn't have the safety buckle & the sneaky buggers hid the free Jets Cap token on the back of the membership package (probably hoping it is not noticed so the save money on giving caps away).
    I know it's a token gift in return for buying membership, and not really what you pay for but the whole thing just has a cheap & nasty feel to it and hardly the message you should be sending to fans.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    4,642
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftback at Home View Post
    Card is thinner
    this is just like totally not true ay

    this year's on top - last year's on bottom



    (could snap at anytime)
    the ljubo of cards


    i agree with everything else though, the magnet is a disc race

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7,237
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    i agree with everything else though, the magnet is a disc race
    Is that anything like a Discathon, the ultimate in solo disc and running sports?

    http://wfdf.org/sports/discathon

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    jumped off the plane
    Posts
    367
    Yeah, the opening of the membership pack is a supporter ritual that deserves better attention.

    For mine, I really couldn't care less about the lanyard and keyring. I just want my season ticket and prefer more money spent on innovative packaging to make the unwrapping an experience. The supporter pack was cool but the cheap shit inside made it a bit of a hollow gesture. The envelope mine came in looked old and was sealed with a small bit of sticky tape.

    That said, our owner doesn't have money anymore so my expectations weren't high this year.

    At least we got them.
    Last edited by hausmann; 26-09-2013 at 05:09 PM.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Rocknerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The Blue Mountains
    Posts
    639
    I think the key ring is key for me. the first under tinks was class. metal, strong clip and a club crest with membership year etched into the back. Quality.
    second year a plastic replica of the kit designed to stab you in the leg this year a rubber square with crest and season motto.

    I can take the crappy fixtures list, I couldn't bother getting into caps and lanyards, but the key ring is my favourite part and I want them to go back to that original club crest, makes me proud to have it on my keys.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Maitland
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftback at Hometough7
    the sneaky buggers hid the free Jets Cap token on the back of the membership package
    Well f*** me

    I better retrieve that from the bin where it's sitting next to the magnent fixture list that doesn't stick to anything

    Poor tinks is doing it tough

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7,237
    Lanyard is the one thing I get the most use out of. Instead of corporate lanyard, I happily rock a Jerks lanyard. The 11/12 one with detachable end bit is far and away the best one we have had. Still using it

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Lance Yorke Field
    Posts
    1,696
    I am still using the 08/09 lanyard. I didn't like last years with the release on it.

    Haven't opened the pack this year to look at it.

  9. #9
    in awe of baz GazFish35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    6,421
    I'm just oping my card gets me into games we win instead of games we lose.

  10. #10
    Maybe thinner was the wrong word, but mine is certainly flimsier this year - cheaper plastic perhaps.

  11. #11
    Yes the keyring - that was a let down. I still have my original going strong. Don't think the rubber one will see much action this season.

  12. #12
    aka WLG pv4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7,313
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocknerd View Post
    I think the key ring is key for me. the first under tinks was class. metal, strong clip and a club crest with membership year etched into the back. Quality.
    second year a plastic replica of the kit designed to stab you in the leg this year a rubber square with crest and season motto.

    I can take the crappy fixtures list, I couldn't bother getting into caps and lanyards, but the key ring is my favourite part and I want them to go back to that original club crest, makes me proud to have it on my keys.
    Agreed.

    Also the club crest one was relatively small, whereas the jersey and to an extent this one are pretty big.

    Really not a fan of the Stand With Us motto AT ALL (to me saying "in victory and defeat we stand together, stand with us" is saying "we're shit and we know we are, but don't give up on us plz"), so the sticker will definately not be getting a run on my car.
    OK

  13. #13
    Senior Member Jeterpool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wait, I know this one
    Posts
    10,268
    Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    Haven't opened the pack this year to look at it.
    Nor have I

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    4,642
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftback at Home View Post
    Maybe thinner was the wrong word, but mine is certainly flimsier this year - cheaper plastic perhaps.
    the card is exactly the same as last year

  15. #15
    Senior Member MFKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    15,246
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    this is just like totally not true ay

    this year's on top - last year's on bottom




    the ljubo of cards


    i agree with everything else though, the magnet is a disc race
    I am ****ed what are these photos of??? Maybe i am colorblind or something but I have looked at them a heap of times and can't work out WTF they are???
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

    Double-eff-aye should introduce a 3rd division and dump these ice addict welfare living scumbags straight there. dont even let them get their stink anywhere near 2nd division.

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the card is exactly the same as last year

  17. #17
    aka WLG pv4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7,313
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    I am ****ed what are these photos of??? Maybe i am colorblind or something but I have looked at them a heap of times and can't work out WTF they are???
    It's one photo homie. The white divide in the middle is actually the two cards (this year & last year), showing the thickness of them
    OK

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,036
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    I am ****ed what are these photos of??? Maybe i am colorblind or something but I have looked at them a heap of times and can't work out WTF they are???
    Yeah mate it got me too, for all of 5 seconds. Sort if out MFKS.

  19. #19
    Well my card this year, regardless of it's thickness, is certainly more flimsy & less rigid then last year. Maybe their is some variablity in them.

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,036
    Card Gate 2013

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •