Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Newcastle Football History - Rangers, KB, Rosebud, Breakers, United, Jets etc.

Mint...
    Money transfered, I sent the FB page a message.
    Top work mate.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

For anyone who is unaware Men of Football are holding a reunion lunch for the breakers before the 'Old Boys' game on the 5th of April 2014. details below.

Following on from the success of the KB United reunion held last year, the Men of Football have commenced preparation for a Newcastle Breakers reunion to be held on Saturday April 5th at The Duke Hotel.
    The luncheon will run from 12.30pm to 3.30pm and the $100 ticket price will include 3 course dinner, beer, wine and soft drinks. Guest speakers will be announced when confirmed.
    Ticket numbers will be restricted to 180 and if last year is any gauge we will have to turn people away.
    The Jets play Melbourne Victory at 5.30pm on the same evening and a shuttle bus will be available to transfer supporters to the stadium.
    The Jets have designated this fixture as "Old Boys" day and details will be forwarded when available.

To secure a ticket you must pay prior to the event by one of the following methods.

Electronic Transfer
    Greater Building Society
    BSB 637000
    Account no.780075791
    Your name as reference

to PO Box 348, Cardiff. 2285

http://menoffootball.org.au/

*** COMPETITION DETAILS ***

THE PRIZE - Gold Life Membership to Men of Football, KB United Jersey(If you have already paid for one, you can chose another replica at a later date) and a KB United scarf.

HOW TO WIN - All you have to do to be in the running to win this prize is to design a logo for 'Newcastle Football History'. It can be in ms paint, photoshop etc. hand drawn or you can even use a 'word picture' to describe what your idea is if you are having difficulty puting it on paper. The winner will be chosen by me and the decision is final.

HOW TO ENTER - All entries must be EMAILED to newcastlefootballhistory@gmail.com with the subject line 'COMPETITION ENTRY'. Only entries emailed in the above manner will be accepted. To be eligible to win you will also agree to release the rights to your design to the page.

ENTRIES CLOSE 1700 SUNDAY 23RD MARCH 2014, with the winner notified by email by 1700 Friday 28th of March 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG NBUnited View Post
    *** COMPETITION DETAILS ***

THE PRIZE - Gold Life Membership to Men of Football, KB United Jersey(If you have already paid for one, you can chose another replica at a later date) and a KB United scarf.

HOW TO WIN - All you have to do to be in the running to win this prize is to design a logo for 'Newcastle Football History'. It can be in ms paint, photoshop etc. hand drawn or you can even use a 'word picture' to describe what your idea is if you are having difficulty puting it on paper. The winner will be chosen by me and the decision is final.

HOW TO ENTER - All entries must be EMAILED to newcastlefootballhistory@gmail.com with the subject line 'COMPETITION ENTRY'. Only entries emailed in the above manner will be accepted. To be eligible to win you will also agree to release the rights to your design to the page.

ENTRIES CLOSE 1700 SUNDAY 23RD MARCH 2014, with the winner notified by email by 1700 Friday 28th of March 2014.
    Nice!

Submitted
    OK

Banned

Being that no one will top that image I take it that I win???

For those who ordered KB Shirts in the first order, the shirts are in and if you want to get them before the 'old boys' match v Victory on the 05Apr (the next time i'll be up in Newy) postage is $10 to anywhere in Aus.

For anyone who missed out but would still like one, i'm planning to do another order of 50 KB Shirts and 50 KB Scarves sooner rather than later.

It will require some pre-orders to get the ball rolling. Prices will be.
    KB Shirt $55, delivered $65.
    KB Scarf $25, delivered $35.
    KB Shirt & Scarf $75, delivered $90.

Payment to be made via direct deposit / bank transfer only.

Bank Details:

BANK: ANZ
    BSB: 012295
    ACC NUMBER: 267623442
    ACC NAME: T GILES
    REFERENCE: YOUR NAME (KB SHIRT / KB SCARF / KB 2)

Sizes below are measured from the bottom of sleeve across the chest and should be used as a rough guide.

S - 54cm
    M - 56cm
    L - 59cm
    XL - 60cm
    2XL - 62.5cm
    3XL - 65cm

Banned
    Thanks Todd for your efforts tonight getting the shirt to me. Much appreciated.

Fits like a glove!!!

Can't wait to be the best dressed man in Brazil wearing it.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Fits like a glove!!!
    So, you either have four arms or three heads.

They are great shirts!

I've just set up an online store to help with selling scarves, jersies, flags etc. as they become available.

http://www.newcastlefootballhistory.bigcartel.com/

I'll let everyone know when new items are added. KB Scarves and Jets Gold flags available at the moment. KB jerseys home/away and away KB scarf should be added soon.

Awesome work Todd!

Is that logo on the shop site the winner of your logo comp?
    OK

I managed to have a chat with Con today and got his go ahead to use the Breakers and United logos for replicas moving forward and also some leads to chase up for info about the breakers and united. Looking forward to chasing them up.

Bump.

Dad gave me this yesterday..... Has had it over 20 years!

image.jpg

I have finally received the second order of KB home replicas and the sizee that are still available have been updated on www.newcastlefootballhistory.bigcartel.com

I've just reduced the prices on the remaining KB Shirts and scarves to try and get rid of them before i head away with work at the end of August. Head to www.newcastlefootballhistory.bigcartel.com to grab a bargain while they last.

I've just reduced the prices on the remaining KB Shirts and scarves to try and get rid of them before i head away with work at the end of August. Head to www.newcastlefootballhistory.bigcartel.com to grab a bargain while they last.
    I've seen the magazines etc that you're putting on line. I've got one from the grand final and a few general magazines too. Where are they going to go if I were to provide them? Are you planning a display somewhere?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

My goal is to have a football museum up and running in the area by 2020, in the meantime i am trying to acquire as much as i can to go on display and also want to have before the start of next season (2015/16) a website outlining every national league / cup game that Newcastle has played in with Results, crowd figures, match reports, video highlights and also scanned electronic copies of the matchday programs.

A big job but it will be worth it in the end and if i can atleast get it online sooner rather then later it will hopefully save it from being lost forever.

Hopefully it should be able to be hosted on this website
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

My goal is to have a football museum up and running in the area by 2020, in the meantime i am trying to acquire as much as i can to go on display and also want to have before the start of next season (2015/16) a website outlining every national league / cup game that Newcastle has played in with Results, crowd figures, match reports, video highlights and also scanned electronic copies of the matchday programs.

A big job but it will be worth it in the end and if i can atleast get it online sooner rather then later it will hopefully save it from being lost forever.
    Do you need the stats stuff I've got?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Banned

Have you considered getting it up even if incomplete Now

Besides getting the thing moving forward you may get someone to offer some assistance to help complete the job

Gents
    Have procured a very rare piece of KB paraphernalia today. 2 in fact! Have told Todd about it and he's already called me a bastard

Had an SMS from a notable type who was heavily involved with KB in the day and was the instigator of the Canns Bakery KB cards promotion.
    SMS read "I have a couple of Canns Bakery souvenirs here, Mrs # is threatening to throw out! Got a good home for them?"
    I was there in under 5 minutes...
    The full set of cards on the big guide card I expected (Signed by Peter Willis to the dudes daughter I think) but the empty guide card and the master sheet of cards he gave me were eye poping.
    I have a few complete card sets glued onto guide cards and 1 mint set of individual cards in a photo album but this master sheet must be the only one in captivity!
    Has players laid out 6 wide by 4 deep for the 24 card set. Logo top right 2 cards. Green spill outline and guillotine cut marks. Bottom of card has yellow and magenta splotches.
    Rear of card has 2KO Music logo on the back of every card plus more guillotine cut marks. Worth framing!

Anyone know where I could get such large items scanned? (For Todd's FB Page) The bigger guide card is ***mm W x 428mm H. The smaller player master sheet is 410mm W x 425mm H.

Another intem that came with that lot was a 240 x 380 yellow pennant. Red 1979 above the Black/Red KB logo (seen here on Danial B's page), Red writing under that with P.S.L Season. Looks like something that might have been given to opposition teams at KO's or just a supporters item.